Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Colorado sleevers?

There are support groups at St. Joseph's, Good Samaritan, Sky Ridge, Parker Adventist and Rose.

Hi to all,

I'm in Denver. I'm traveling to Mexicali to receive my vsg over Memorial Day week. Kaiser denied my request for WLS, so I decided to self-pay in Mexico. I am looking for a local support group. St. Luke's is a bit far for me, but it depends on the time/day of week the meetings are held.

Thank you!

Excited to say I found a gym in Thornton that specializes in personal and group training for bariatric patients. I just started with them this week and was so happy to be working out with a group on the same journey. There were bypass, sleeve and lap band patients, some had surgery as long as 8-9 years ago and others like myself in the last year. HW- 261 SW- 252.6 CW- 200

That's awesome!! What gym is this?

I would also love to know which gym this is as well :)

<p>Excited to say I found a gym in Thornton that specializes in personal and group training for bariatric patients. I just started with them this week and was so happy to be working out with a group on the same journey. There were bypass, sleeve and lap band patients, some had surgery as long as 8-9 years ago and others like myself in the last year.</p> <p> </p> <p>HW- 261</p> <p>SW- 252.6</p> <p>CW- 200</p>

PLEASE share the gym info...how did you find it? Thanks!

Hi, I'm in Colorado Springs and was just sleeved on 5-29. Surgery by Dr Fedoryk at Penrose St Francis. Wonderful bariatric program with excellent coordinator, teacher, staff, medical staff and doctors. I appreciated their expertise and was glad I could have this major surgery done at a center of excellence. I will probably try out the support groups at the hospital because I really like Fran but I love this site and get a lot on info and support here! Still would love to meet up with some of you here in CO some time.

Hi All,

Coming up on my one year anniversary on June 24th. I am happy to see so many choosing a healthier lifestyle here in Colorado!! I am sooo happy I made this decision and know you will too. I am currently down 75 lbs and on a bit of a plateau lately, but that's ok. I know this has to be for the long haul. How are you all doing?

Would love to hear how you have done, or are doing and what got you past your plateaus, or what inspired you to have the surgery? I had vertical sleeve, June 24, 2013 with Dr. Michael Snyder at Rose Medical.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Lisa

Hrhlaurie - I tried messaging you but it keeps giving me an error. I'm in the Springs and was sleeved in October in Denver. I was originally set with a surgeon at Penrose and changed jobs and insurance so my surgeon changed too. I don't get on here much anymore so I might not see if you respond right away. You can friend me on Facebook if you'd like www.facebook.com/batmansmom

Lori

I'm just south of the Springs in Fountain, I am almost 2 years out, my date is Oct.

Hi all sleeved on May 13 by Dr. Michael Snyder. I live in Englewood. I'm finally moving from my long stall and feeling much better. Hope you are all well and happy! Cheers!

Edited by georgia_pch7

If anyone needs to update their smaller wardrobe on the cheap...ARC thrift stores are have a sale this Friday and Saturday...99 cents for shorts, capris, tank tops and swimwear!

I was never a thrift shopper until wls....but I have found several shirts, shorts and two awesome pairs of jeans...one I just now fit in and a pair I hope to wear soon :)

My husband, two little girls and I are moving to Colorado Springs in just a few months. I was sleeved 07/08/2013.

My husband, two little girls and I are moving to Colorado Springs in just a few months. I was sleeved 07/08/2013.

Welcome! This is a great community for kids!

Hi all! I was recently sleeved (04Nov14) at Parker Adventist and live in Parker, CO. I just got past the post 2-week mark and can do puréed foods! Yea! All is going well, so far!

Congratulations, glad to hear your progressing well. It has been the best thing I did for myself. I love my sleeve!