Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Colorado sleevers?

Bludtkr, thanks so much!!! Hope you are recovering well...would live to hear about your experience at the hospital as well as recovery...I know everyone's experience will be a little different, but it is nice to know someone who has used the same surgeon and had the same procedure

I love in the Westminster area. I was sleeved in Tijuana on January 10. My surgery went well but because of a doctor directed medication order I ended up with a major clot and dead intestine. Has anyone else had extra complications? I get very down that I can't go to the gym. I can't wear a pair of jeans because I have a wound vac on.

Anyone else in Colorado been through something similar?

Who was your doc in TJ?
Dr. Almanza was my surgeon

If any one is on My Fitness Pal and wants to connect there I am Sparlecat (typo when it signed up...forgot the K!)

I live in the Thornton area and have several pair of Lane Bryant size 20 jeans.......message me if interested.

I live in the Westminster area, and had band to sleeve revision surgery in mid Jan. I'm fortunate enough to be at maintenance now, but am grateful for everything I've been through & learned through the process. I'd be happy to "talk" to anyone that wants a buddy. It keeps me focused, and can hopefully help you too :)

Any Coloradans getting sleeved in April? I'm thinking we should take advantage of the Spring weather and maybe get a walking/biking group together?

I'm in Aurora. Just got sleeved this week. Are there any support group meetings?

I'm in Aurora. Just got sleeved this week. Are there any support group meetings?

I know My surgeons office has them (Dr Thomas Brown at St Luke's...I believe anyone can attend

Where'd you have your surgery done? And, what kind of pre-op/post-op diets did you follow? Any advice?

I had my surgery in Mexico - Dr. Almanza - so glad i went that route.

I do have to say I have been slacking a little - gotta get back to exercising more regularly.

Dr. Almanza did my surgery too. I am glad I went that route also. I live in North Denver and would love to do a meet up with Colorado sleeves especially the Tijuana sleever's.

Surgery date Jan 2014, 60 pounds down.

As surgery day gets closer I would love to hear how Dr Brown and Colorado Bariatric patients are doing! I'm Beginning my pre op freak out :)

Hi to all,

I'm in Denver. I'm traveling to Mexicali to receive my vsg over Memorial Day week. Kaiser denied my request for WLS, so I decided to self-pay in Mexico. I am looking for a local support group. St. Luke's is a bit far for me, but it depends on the time/day of week the meetings are held.

Edited by WorldTraveler

Hi to all,

I'm in Denver. I'm traveling to Mexicali to receive my vsg over Memorial Day week. Kaiser denied my request for WLS, so I decided to self-pay in Mexico. I am looking for a local support group. St. Luke's is a bit far for me, but it depends on the time/day of week the meetings are held.

There are support groups at St. Joseph's, Good Samaritan, Sky Ridge, Parker Adventist and Rose.

Excited to say I found a gym in Thornton that specializes in personal and group training for bariatric patients. I just started with them this week and was so happy to be working out with a group on the same journey. There were bypass, sleeve and lap band patients, some had surgery as long as 8-9 years ago and others like myself in the last year.

HW- 261

SW- 252.6

CW- 200

Edited by yjt45

Excited to say I found a gym in Thornton that specializes in personal and group training for bariatric patients. I just started with them this week and was so happy to be working out with a group on the same journey. There were bypass, sleeve and lap band patients, some had surgery as long as 8-9 years ago and others like myself in the last year. HW- 261 SW- 252.6 CW- 200

That's awesome!! What gym is this?