Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Colorado sleevers?

Congrats to the Colorado sleevers. I had my surgery 3/18/2013 the first day of the rest of my life.

Hi Girls got the call....holy cow...they want me to do surgery this Tuesday...holy cow... 3 appointments all over Colorado today just to get everything done and start my fast on Saturday....holy cow...

Tuesday the 26th? This is a month earlier than you thought it would be, right? Which hospital are you going to again? I know it's not Sky Ridge or Parker....

I'm sure that it's going to be great. Your timing is similar to when I had my surgery. I had mine done just before Christmas and you will be just before EAster. It was a little rough being on liquids/purees when everyone was eating traditional holiday food, but I was still really happy.

Congrats to the Colorado sleevers. I had my surgery 3/18/2013 the first day of the rest of my life.

Are you posting to the forum from the hospital or from home? Where did you have your surgery and how are you feeling today? Day 3 was the hardest for me, because of my throat...not because of my stomach. They did two endoscopies on me and my throat was just so raw feeling. Water hurt. Hoping you are doing okay.

I am home now. No endoscopy just the swallow test with X-ray. Throat a little sore from anesthesia intubation. My surgery was at Rose with Dr. Snyder. I am only having Water Isopure and broth. So far so good.

Hi I thought I lost you!! I coundnt get on this site until today...and I cant find your email will you pm it to me...I tried to respond to your offer of the protien powder but that was 100 years agO...

I am home now. No endoscopy just the swallow test with X-ray. Throat a little sore from anesthesia intubation. My surgery was at Rose with Dr. Snyder. I am only having Water Isopure and broth. So far so good.

Isopure really was the only thing that got me through the first month post-surgery. i mean, I was getting Protein from other sources, but not enough. Getting 40 g from that drink saved me. But, I only drink the green tea flavor. Tried a few of the others, but the taste bugged me.

Take it easy!!!!!

Congrats! I'm still drinking Isopure. Its the only Protein Drink that I like :)

I didn't buy any Isopure because there weren't a lot of good reviews but I tried it in the hospital and tolerated it well. Kind Nurse Nancy sent me home with two bottles. Today I made calls around to local GNCs and was surprised the first two I called didn't have any the downtown store told me they were just bought out by a local hospital. The third store I called on Leetsdale and Quebec had 8 bottles of the apple Mellon. I only wanted to buy six but as luck would have it they were buy three get one free. Score!

I didn't buy any Isopure because there weren't a lot of good reviews but I tried it in the hospital and tolerated it well. Kind Nurse Nancy sent me home with two bottles. Today I made calls around to local GNCs and was surprised the first two I called didn't have any the downtown store told me they were just bought out by a local hospital. The third store I called on Leetsdale and Quebec had 8 bottles of the apple Mellon. I only wanted to buy six but as luck would have it they were buy three get one free. Score!

I live in Parker. There is more than one GNC in Parker and the one I go to (next to Safeway) not only has cases of it out, but also refrigerated bottles. I did not like the fruit flavors too much, so the manager of the store gave me her number and when I want to buy a bunch of the tea-flavored one, I can call her so she can add it to her regular order. The buy three, get one free has been going on for a while. In any case, if you have a GNC closer to you than Leetsdale and Quebec, you should ask the manager at your closest location if they can order stuff for you, too, if you decide you want to have some during the first months of recovery.. It's all an adjustment. I had 1/2 a slice of pizza today at 3 months out. I could never have imagined that even last month. However, pizza does not have a lot of Protein, so I am liable to "eat" one meal as a Protein shake.

BTW, re: Protein Shake reviews - I don't even know what to say about them. It's such an individual thing. I bought some powdered Proteins and I barely used them after the first week! I use Greek yogurt (plain) to make shakes and I prefer that. The yogurt needs refrigeration, though, and that is the advantage of the isopure. It travels without refrigeration.

I think a lot of people do t really know what Protein Shakes taste like. Even though I was overweight I would still work out and mix up a Protein smoothie maybe that is why it's easier for me to tolerate? My plan is to get the majority of my protein from real food when I can start to eat.

Hi Ragdoll! I'm in Colorado Springs too. How's it feel on the other side? My date is April 1st, I'm so excited!

Hi Ragdoll! I'm in Colorado Springs too. How's it feel on the other side? My date is April 1st' date=' I'm so excited![/quote']

Hey! Feels pretty good! Down about 30 pounds. Not much longer and you will know how it feels too!

Hi there! Im in pueblo! Got my denial yesterday from hymark! I'm so bummed! I will continue on with the appeal process! I had a band put in in 2005, it prolapsed on me 2 times second time I had it removed! I lost 100 lbs total! It has been out 3 years now and I've gained all weight back! My denial was due to BMI! It's only 38 but I have terrible knee problems due to being overweight! I was aiming for end of April but I guess appeals take at least 30 days! I was wondering if I gain weight before I appeal if that might help? Anyone ever hear of this! So bummed! :(

Hi there! Im in pueblo! Got my denial yesterday from hymark! I'm so bummed! I will continue on with the appeal process! I had a band put in in 2005' date=' it prolapsed on me 2 times second time I had it removed! I lost 100 lbs total! It has been out 3 years now and I've gained all weight back! My denial was due to BMI! It's only 38 but I have terrible knee problems due to being overweight! I was aiming for end of April but I guess appeals take at least 30 days! I was wondering if I gain weight before I appeal if that might help? Anyone ever hear of this! So bummed! :([/quote']

I hate to say it, but I don't think it's worth it to gain weight so your BMI will be high enough for insurance. It would be one thing if you were only a few pounds off, but do you really want to make more fat cells (which never go away) just to have surgery? You should appeal based on your knees (which could be expensive if you need to replace them later in life), but in the meantime, given our proximity to Mexico, you should check out the forum strands that are written by people who have gone to Mexico because it was the only way to afford surgery without the participation of insurance. While that might sound scary, it seems like there are a lot of people who have been satisfied by their care south of the border. You might also seek advice specifically from those who have had sleeve revisions after lapbands. Seems like that is a growing group and they could probably give you more specific ideas germaine to your predicament. But, as I said at the start, I would not try and gain two levels of BMI weight to quality for surgery. It's just more weight to lose afterwards AND you NEVER get rid of those fat cells.