Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Colorado sleevers?

I scrolled down for a while, but didn't see any CO posts....

Hi I live in Colorado I live in Lakewood, near Denver. I'm getting sleeved tomorrow!

I'm in Parker and was sleeved on 12/17/12 at Parker Adventist. Not a lot of CO activity on these boards.. Is it because we are the "leanest" state? I have to say that when we are up in the mountains and i see cyclists riding at close to tree line, I really am accutely aware of the general fitness of our state's population. On the other hand, we are so used to seeing overweight people these days that even though I am morbidly obese, I had people telling me I shouldn't have surgery because I couldn't be that overweight.

Lakewood - Good luck with surgery!

Colorado Springs - How far along are you in the process? You are likely the "veteran" of the 3 of us.

Benjammin, I'm still too soon out from surgery to be "kicking up a notch" with workouts. Just in the walking/treadmill/elliptical phase. That being said, I think changing things up exercise-wise is always good for weight loss. Did you mention what part of our fair state you are from? Where did you have surgery?

I'm in Aurora. I was sleeved almost a year ago - down about 159 :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm in Aurora. I was sleeved almost a year ago - down about 159 :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Where'd you have your surgery done? And, what kind of pre-op/post-op diets did you follow? Any advice?

COLORADO GIRL HERE!!

so excited ..just started my classes and did the whole Physical and shrink test! I am getting scheduled for end of April or beginning of May. I am SO excited with a little scared mixed in...I am so tired of being "chunky" and being the one who...'well she has a pretty face'. I have dieted for most of my life...40 years or so...grrrrrrr..

I live near Castle Rock..would love to talk to someone in Colorado!

Stephanie

COLORADO GIRL HERE!!

so excited ..just started my classes and did the whole Physical and shrink test! I am getting scheduled for end of April or beginning of May. I am SO excited with a little scared mixed in...I am so tired of being "chunky" and being the one who...'well she has a pretty face'. I have dieted for most of my life...40 years or so...grrrrrrr..

I live near Castle Rock..would love to talk to someone in Colorado!

Stephanie

Just messaged you, Gibsongirl-Stephanie.

FYI: King Soopers has PB2 (in the Peanut Butter aisle) on sale for 60 cents off with your King Sooper's club card. I don't know if it is cheaper to buy it over the Internet (probably in bulk), but I was excited to see it at a grocery store AND on sale. It was $3.99 for the 6.5 oz. size (which is like a small peanut butter jar).

I am in downtown Denver. There are a lot of lean people in Colorado.

I am in downtown Denver. There are a lot of lean people in Colorado.

You made me smile...Yes, there are a lot of lean people in Colorado! We are still the "leanest" of the 50 states, but what is scary is that even Colorado has gotten fatter over the years. I had a few people tell me that they couldn't understand WHY I would need bariatric surgery (that I was too small) and I was 100 lbs overweight!

If you are in downtown Denver, it must be a lot easier to get "every day" walking in. When I worked and lived in NYC, I walked a lot more just because you don't use a car.

Where'd you have your surgery done? And' date=' what kind of pre-op/post-op diets did you follow? Any advice?[/quote']

I had my surgery in Mexico - Dr. Almanza - so glad i went that route.

I do have to say I have been slacking a little - gotta get back to exercising more regularly.

I am hoping to have my surgery done soon. Completed the last 6 month office visit 2/18. My coordinator will hopefully submit for insurance review by the end of the week.

I am hoping to have my surgery done soon. Completed the last 6 month office visit 2/18. My coordinator will hopefully submit for insurance review by the end of the week.

Congrats! Where are you in our fair state?

Hi Girls got the call....holy cow...they want me to do surgery this Tuesday...holy cow... 3 appointments all over Colorado today just to get everything done and start my fast on Saturday....holy cow...