Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing 3 weeks Post-op

I think something is wrong with me. Sleeved on 12/12 and am only down 10 pounds since surgery. I am only getting in about 1-1.5 shakes a day with about 8 ounces of broth/soup. Could I be stuck because I am not getting enough protein/calories? So frustrated right now! On liquids for 2 more weeks (5 weeks total).

Please hang with it , your body is still adjusting to the surgery......

after loosing the Water weight I gained from the hospital I didn't loose anything for another 2 weeks . then woosh off 5lbs then a week later another 7 lbs. then stalled again for another 2 weeks then woosh 5 lbs again. I am 3.5 months out and down 80 lbs all together ... so the weight will come off !!

be patient and try to get more Protein and calories in every day. I was doing around 400 calories the first 3 weeks and then up'd it too 600 and now I am 800 calories most days , some days over and some days a little less...

stick with the plan and it will happen

your on the dreaded 3 week stall. you can search on here and find more info on it. Your body is catching up. Keep doing what you are doing, you will lose again. Also the scales can be your enemy

I think something is wrong with me. Sleeved on 12/12 and am only down 10 pounds since surgery. I am only getting in about 1-1.5 shakes a day with about 8 ounces of broth/soup. Could I be stuck because I am not getting enough protein/calories? So frustrated right now! On liquids for 2 more weeks (5 weeks total).

I'm right there with you. scale is "stuck" and has been for last three days. I just keep believing what everyone says here and know it will move again. I'm focusing on non scale goals now and have reached several. The biggest was not having to move the steering wheel up in he car in order to get in after my boyfriend drove it!

Hang in there! I'm right there with you!

Sleeved 12/17/12 and enjoying the adventure!

I hate the three week stall I think I'm in it. It should go week 1,2,4,5,6. Haha

Yes I am three and a half weeks out and stalled too. Am doing everything I should. Feeling great and exercising every day but no movement on those scales. I do am hoping it will move again soon :)

Don't feel to bad I am starting 3rd week today (sleeved 12/19) and I am already on the stale for like the past 4 days. So mine started at wk 2. It's sooo frustrating. no cheating and exercising yet no loss.

Thank you for all the posts, it is so nice to know I am not alone in this. Looking forward to a few weeks from now! See the Dr. and the nutritionist on Monday and am hoping to advance from full liquids to help get more Protein in each day. Keep the vision everyone.

I'm only 5 days out but I find it no problem at all to get in 600 calories and I could do more but I have to stop in the interest if losing weight. Is this normal so soon after surgery? Most immediate postoperative patients here I see are struggling to eat more than a few hundred calories a day. I'm worried I'm going to stop losing!

Yep 3 weeks Monday and in a big stall : (

Don't forget all the fluids they give u in the hospital can make it appear like the pounds are coming off slow. It takes some time for your body to adjust. My doc said sometimes people weigh more right after surgery cause if fluids. U will do great. After a couple wks some weight will come off then u will hit a stall and so on.... I get discouraged too. I'm 5 wks out and only down 20 pre op and 16 from surgery but my clothes are falling off so something is happening!!

Don't worry. I stalled at 3 weeks too and it lasted almost 3 weeks long. I had been having around 500-600 calories a day and by suggestion I upped it to 800 and that's what finally broke the stall. They suck but they do happen and will happen again. Just have patience and keep doing what you're doing.