Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is average weight loss for 1 month?

My preop weight was 208. It's been a month and I'm 196. I'm bummed I haven't lost more. I just wanted to know how much weight do most people have lost in their first month.

I was sleeved 12/5 so Im coming up on my 4 weeks in 2 days. Surgery weight was 222 and today I am 210.5. Everyone loses differently but I believe that the more weight you have to lose, the faster you lose it in the beginning. Just be grateful the scale moves I guess. Slow and steady my friend :)

I think Bunny is right. This is a marathon not a sprint! Slow and steady and the more you have to lose the fater it comes off at first! You are moving in the right direction! I am down 33 lbs but I started at a higher weight of 257 and I am counting pre op diet. Since surgery I am down 12 since 12/18.

I figure it took me many years to get to this point and it might take a year to get to a good weight.

As other have said...everyone loses at different paces...Just focus on good eating and incorporating exercise as you can. I started at 232 and lost 25lbs the first month, with five of those being on the 1 week pre-op diet. I have since lost 55lbs and I am 4 months out..But I have had a couple of weeks where I gained but I dont get down about it. I started walking on the treadmill one week out and by week 4 I started incoporating a lil jogging...VSG is an awesome tool and I am certain if you focus on the Protein first...limiting carbs and sugars...keeping up Water intake and exercises as allowed, you will be a success.

every month is different for me, I am 3.5 months out and down 80 lbs. 30 was before surgery. and since Thanksgiving I have defantly slowed down...... not as active and all the baking ... but totally back on track now.

like everyone says we are all different. I had allot more weight to loose so I think I am loosing faster than others.

You have a pretty low starting weight, so you're not going to lose as rapidly as someone with a much higher starting weight. Start weight, metabolism, diet, and a number of other factors go in to how much weight you lose. What's important is that you *are* losing and that you will eventually reach your goal. Honestly, if you look at what everyone else is doing and get yourself in a negative mental loop of "Why am I not losing as much as this person or that person?" it's only going to put you in a bad space mentally. Instead, focus on the positive things that only relate to you and your weight loss journey like "I got in all my Protein today." or "I walked for ten minutes longer this week than last week."

3 weeks out , started at 201 now I'm 179. I also walk at least 1 mile 4 days a week .

I started out weighing 294.5 last August. My surgery was on 12/26/12 and I have since lost 27 pounds for a total of 43 pounds. I have been in a stall for a couple of weeks but this morning, I had finally lost another pound. I am trying to focus on measuring my food, drinking lots of Water & exercising. I start the gym after 2/14 so I think that should help with the weight loss.

I have averaged about 8 lbs a month, excluding my first week when I lost 16lbs and this last week when I lost 11lbs. Its frustrating losing slowly but as long a our numbers are going down we are on the right track! This last week I doubled my Water intake and upped my Protein which resulted in a big loss, might be worth a try!!

I started at 216lbs lost 29lbs first 30 days and only lost a pound since, no loss in over a week now. I am trying to regulate getting Protein from food instead of shakes. I think this is why I stopped losing not enough protein and liquid. I am tracking my intake now wish me luck

I'm 9 weeks out and I've only lost 25lbs. I was at a stall for almost 4 weeks and it was SO frustrating!! I exercise a LOT so hopefully my body is trying to find a balance

Good luck to everyone. Hang in there ... It will come off :)

Hang in there vickyl. It takes time to lose the weight we put on over years. Keep yourself super hydrated and make sure your eating your dense Proteins first then veggies and then carbs if you have the room. The weight will come off you just have to have patiences. Good luck we are here for you.

Hello to you vickl, im experiencing the same!!! im 5 weeks out and have only lost 15lbs!!!!! I have always felt like I would be the one that this wouldn't wrk for because I just stopped losing. anyway just wondering how are things going now please give suggestions!!!!!