Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Hey everyone! As of November first I am now 160 pounds. I lost 5 pounds in October. And 6.5 inches. My weight went down to 157 then back up to 160. Not sure why I have 2 months till my surgerversary! Ive lost a total of 128 pounds and 107 inches! I dont know how much more I will lose but am very happy and look good were im at. everyone close to me says this is enough and if I lose more Ill look sick. Ive never been thin so I dont know what I will look like 10 pounds thinner? will I look sick? if I do can I gain it back? What are you all thinking if you are in the same boat as me?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that even though for "normal people" it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound but for "us" as soon as we slip just a little bit a whole pound will be gained.. I mean I get that we have serious intake restrictions and we can go from 600 calories to 1200 maybe 1500 if we try hard enough but a pound.. How is this possible when I haven't even take in 3,500 calories.... I am supposed to be in maintenance but it seems like I need to learn how to do that.. What can I intake without loosing anymore and or gaining any weight.. This in itself is a project.. Today make 11 Months on the date... I had my surgery December 6, 2012... 1 month until my Surgery Date.. I am so glad to be at goal already and still loosing.. But I don't want to loose anymore.. I believe that after skin removal I will be perfect. Is there anyone already at goal that has learned what there balance is?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that even though for "normal people" it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound but for "us" as soon as we slip just a little bit a whole pound will be gained.. I mean I get that we have serious intake restrictions and we can go from 600 calories to 1200 maybe 1500 if we try hard enough but a pound.. How is this possible when I haven't even take in 3,500 calories.... I am supposed to be in maintenance but it seems like I need to learn how to do that.. What can I intake without loosing anymore and or gaining any weight.. This in itself is a project.. Today make 11 Months on the date... I had my surgery December 6, 2012... 1 month until my Surgery Date.. I am so glad to be at goal already and still loosing.. But I don't want to loose anymore.. I believe that after skin removal I will be perfect. Is there anyone already at goal that has learned what there balance is?

re: calorie intake - Because I am hypothyroid, I never burned calories as efficiently as more slender people (including my siblings). I don't think that has changed a whole lot. I did work on some muscle building in my legs and that has helped, but there was never a period in my life where I could eat more than 2000 calories and not gain weight. Now that I am older and have hypothyroidism, I believe that the only reason I was able to lose weight is that the sleeve made eating so few calories tolerable (less painful; didn't feel like I was starving). So, I never believed that eating more than 1200 would result in anything but in me gaining weight.

re: stats - I was sleeved on December 17th last year. Prior to diet/surgery, I weighed 242. I am now around 141. I have not been eating as well as I should and due to 4 kids and 2 elderly parents with crazy schedules, I have not been able to exercise as much as I was over the summer. But, I am still plugging away. The doctor wanted me to get to 130. Still not sure if that will happen, but I am not done working on it.

Coming up on our surgiversaries! \o/ Since 12.21.2012 I have lost 62 lbs (85 overall) and I'm half the woman I used to be.

Yesterday was an awesome day ....I finally made my goal weight 147.... I am in the middle of normal ...my sururgy was done 12-26-2013

Yesterday was an awesome day ....I finally made my goal weight 147.... I am in the middle of normal ...my sururgy was done 12-26-2013

Such great news, Patty!! I am so happy for you :)

You've done an incredible job in such a short time - you are an inspiration. I know you are doing a happy dance! You sure do look great.

WOW! Love reading these successful posts! I will join the club Dec 2,2013!

11 months post op. I flew to NC last week to meet a guy I met on VST...lol. Best mini vacation EVER.

IMG 7170

Im still trying to figure out how to balance my weight nothing else to report

So ive had zero loss this month coming off of an 8lb/month average :-/ whatever lol im so over it

Ugh double post.

Sleeved 12/21 coming up on surgaversary surgery weight 209 size 16/18. current weight 144 size 6/8. sleeved in. Pedras Negras Mexico with Dr Guillermo Alvarez. Best decision I have ever made. I have had no issues or problems. Goal weight is 135 pounds I will not make it by my 1 year mark but that's OK. I loose very slowly these days. I gave myself 18 months to make goal from day one so I consider myself still on track. All the encouragement from this site and keeping up with my sleeve buddy Thecurvyjones has kept me moving forward. Thanks everyone it has been an amazing year!

Sleeved 12/21 coming up on surgaversary surgery weight 209 size 16/18. current weight 144 size 6/8. sleeved in. Pedras Negras Mexico with Dr Guillermo Alvarez. Best decision I have ever made. I have had no issues or problems. Goal weight is 135 pounds I will not make it by my 1 year mark but that's OK. I loose very slowly these days. I gave myself 18 months to make goal from day one so I consider myself still on track. All the encouragement from this site and keeping up with my sleeve buddy Thecurvyjones has kept me moving forward. Thanks everyone it has been an amazing year!

11 months post op. I flew to NC last week to meet a guy I met on VST...lol. Best mini vacation EVER.

Who's that hot guy? ;) He's luckier than she is!!

I was sleeved same date with alvarez congrats on your loss :)