Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

I've been at the same weight for several weeks now - but - can't complain. Had rotator cuff surgery 2 weeks ago - so no exercising (which I miss greatly!! Who da thought??) and no driving so stuck in the house. Going a little stir crazy, taking walks outside when I can.

I have eaten a few more calories per day the last 2 days (1300 or so instead of my usual 1100-1200 per day) But thru this all my weight has stayed the same.

Crazy to say this 'outloud' but I miss wearing my smaller size clothes - can't really wear any pants that are not elastic waists and bigger tops to accomomdate the sling.

Sorry for the whining - feeling a little sorry for myself that I can't live my new normal life. I will soon tho.

Nice. What is the mayo clinic diet? If yiu don't mind sharing can yiu message me?

If you go back a couple pages I posted the entire menu in this forum :)

If you go back a couple pages I posted the entire menu in this forum :)

I found it and took a screen shot. Thank you!

Have definitely fallen off track. Gotten a little worse since having a very recent miscarriage this past weekend. I'm really struggling. However with thay said here is my most recent comparison.

Sorry for your loss

Congrats on your weight loss

I have not been this happy about myself in a long time I rocked this sleeve and allowed it to do what it was meant to do I'm so happy to say I have reach goal after goal after goal I have overcome this journey and I NEVER saw it coming to this! I'm very pleased with this life change that I allowed into my life! I'm done in 2 pounds I will be considered a normal BMI and officially in maintenance. Thank you everyone for your ongoing support in my journey! On October 6th I make 10 months post op and very confident that I will be done with those last 2 pounds!

Oh let me mention my Doctor never gave me a goal weight he allowed me to set that for myself and on every post op visit he told me how good I looked and how proud he was of me. I am so glad he chose the sleeve size he chose for me because even at 10 months post op I still feel a lot of restriction and am loving it! I can at best get in 5 ounces comfortably. If I try to push 6 or more I feel uncomfortably full. although when I really like what I'm eating I do push at times. (Not often) On most days I dont eat more then 1,000 calories my average is 800-1000 and it still seems to work for me I guess once in maintenance i will make it 1200-1300 so that I don't gain but so I don't loose anymore either. Let me also mention all my weight loss is post op I never had a pre op diet. Let me also mention I DONT till this day still eat any bread rice or Pasta of any kind, I have enjoyed a few carbs but in 10 months I would have to say I may have had 3 slices of preservative free bread a few very thin sliced pasta pieces and no rice what so ever.. It works best for me. The majority of my intake has been baked fish and green veggies with plenty of Water intake No grazing and if and when I do I choose smart Snacks like nuts and beef Jerky and so on... I love my sleeve! Best life changing chose ever! I'm still here guys for your support!

This isn't an end of month update (almost though - only have a week left for September) - but I hit 200lbs yesterday! That was a goal of mine. Only 15 pounds to go to make weight to start trying to get into the Air Force Nurse Corps. I honestly don't see where it's going to come from though.. I'm still losing a fairly consistent 2lbs a week.. hopefully it keeps up a little while longer.

Has anyone gotten to the point they feel like they're losing TOO MUCH weight? I'm kind of worried that might be a possibility... if so how did you handle it?

I don't know... I don't worry about losing too much weight but my family does. My daughter (almost 5) is afraid I'm going to "disappear" and my mom has started in on it too. Apparently I've reached the weight they are no longer comfortable with. I have 10lbs to goal and aside from being bony in my shoulders everything else still has a padding of fat. So I don't know... I passed point of comfort a long time ago when I got under 200. That was 40lbs ago though so I don't know how I feel about it now. Lol

HELP!!! I think I'm off track!! Sleeve date 12/12/12 and my weight loss is moving slow. What am I doing wrong???

HELP!!! I think I'm off track!! Sleeve date 12/12/12 and my weight loss is moving slow. What am I doing wrong???

I had my surgery the same day :) how slow is slow? How close are you to goal? What is your calorie intake and exercise regime?

I had my surgery the same day :) how slow is slow? How close are you to goal? What is your calorie intake and exercise regime?
I actually do not count calories (should I)....I walk like 3-5 miles 3 times a week. I only loss 13 lbs in 3 months. I know I need to drink more Water. 35lbs to go and I thought I would be there at my one year mark but it's not looking good :-(

I actually do not count calories (should I)....I walk like 3-5 miles 3 times a week. I only loss 13 lbs in 3 months. I know I need to drink more Water. 35lbs to go and I thought I would be there at my one year mark but it's not looking good :-(

If your not loosing maybe you should track calories with myfitnesspal start measuring your meats (2-3 oz) and take one bite of the meat and the other of veggies/salad with light dressing and so on. that way your sure you get 50/50 in intake therefore giving you less calorie intake don't eat any carbs at all and change your workout routine try dancing or jogging instead of walking or even a brisk walk lift weights try crunches your meals can be something like.. a smoothie for Breakfast made of frozen fruits and a yogurt and lunch baked chicken or fish with salad and the same for dinner no grazing and if you must eat nuts or a fruit cup what you put inside of yourself makes a huge difference you can do it using myfitnesspal right can tell you where your going right and or wrong it allows you to keep track of carbs, sugar,calories and a few other things you choose what you want to track fat and so on you may be eating calories for maintenance instead of weight loss so try it. you will be fine make a few changes

Thank you so much!!! I must get back to the weightloss.....I think moving and not working is playing a important role in this. But I'm determined to get back on track. Thank you so much and I will go back to measuring and tracking what I eat Thank you so much!!!

Figured I would post here as well, since I'm a DECEMBER SLEEVER :) lol barely though. I was sleeved bright and early on 12/31/12. I actually woke up down another 1 1/2 pounds - I added those numbers in as well. Too bad my monthly mark was yesterday :)

----------------------------------

Not the best month... Not the worst. 15 lbs 'til Air Force :)

Nine month mark yesterday

Sleeved 12/31/2012

High weight: 303

Surgery weight: 297

First month: - 31 lbs

Second month: - 11 lbs

Third month: - 13 lbs

Fourth month: - 10 lbs

Fifth month: - 10 lbs

Sixth month: - 9 lbs

Seventh month: - 4.8

Eighth month: - 8.6

Ninth month: - 6.8

Yesterday's weight: 198.8

Today's weight (10/1/13): 197.4

Total lost as of Yesterday: - 104.2

Total lost as of Today (10/1/13): - 105.6 lbs

Average Calories: 1200-1300 per day.

Thank you so much!!! I must get back to the weightloss.....I think moving and not working is playing a important role in this. But I'm determined to get back on track. Thank you so much and I will go back to measuring and tracking what I eat Thank you so much!!!

Your welcome and I wish you well.. You'll be fine all you have to do is sit yourself down and say I didnt do this for nothing! And mean it! You lost the ability to eat a full plate of food a hero a whole pizza with extra cheese and all the fixings ..... and the list goes on... To fail? I refuse to have given all of that up for nothing! Make it work for you make it worth your new limitations!