Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Oh forgot to say on the last post. I usually eat around 700 to 800 cals a day on a really good day 1000 to 1100 cals.

Great responses guys' date=' good job, keep it up and keep the replies coming. Im down around 82.4lb and still have minimum 28.4lb to personal goal of 132.2lb. If i get any lower i will be celebrating big time. I hope i make it.

As per surgeons goal im 15.4lb away from goal.

Start weight. 243.1lb = 110.3kg

Current weight. 160.7lb = 72.9kg

Total loss. 82.4lb = 37.4kg

Surgery date. 21.12.12

Nearly 9 months out on 21st sept 2013.

Wish me luck guys. And best of luck to you all.

Keep your comments coming in.[/quote']

You and I are really similar. I am 5'3.5" tall. The doctor would like me to be 130 (but I have never weighed that in my adult life and I am 43). My personal goal is 140. (Most people seem to have personal goals that are lower than those of the doctor's office, but I buck that trend. ;-) )

Dont worry im sure you will get to your and ur doctors goal. It will just take a little longer. Just think how many years it has taken you to gain the weight and how much you have lost in the short space of time.

Hi guys just wanted to know' date=' after how long did the restrictions stop? And when your portion size get back to normal adult size?

Hope to hear from you guys soon.[/quote']

I don't know that portion size ever gets back to "normal adult" size. I can eat about 3-4 oz of dense Protein and a few bites of veggies at this point and its plenty of food.

You and I are really similar. I am 5'3.5" tall. The doctor would like me to be 130 (but I have never weighed that in my adult life and I am 43). My personal goal is 140. (Most people seem to have personal goals that are lower than those of the doctor's office' date=' but I buck that trend. ;-) )[/quote']

I am 49 years old and 5'4! My surgeons goal weight for me was 150. I'm at 153.5 and my personal goal weight is 140. I figure when I get to 140 I'll see if its good enough, lol.

It's funny to hear everyone's different opinions on weight goals. I THOUGHT that 150 was going to be tiny and that's the goal weight my surgeon has for me. Heck, I thought 175 was going to be tiny. Im now 164 (last time I checked was a little over 2 weeks ago) and I feel like I have at LEAST 20-30lbs more that could easily come off which would put me around 135-145.

Never in a million years would I think that I would be 150 let alone less than that. But it's becoming more and more apparent that yes, my frame is a lot smaller than anyone thought. I'm extremely wasp waisted and come to find out I have very small legs and arms. Who knew?? I'm 5' 6 1/2" and at 164 I wear a s/m top, size 8 jeans and size 8 dress.

All that being said my surgeon said that most people hit their lowest weight and then typically gain back about 10-15 lbs so the lower you go right out the gate the better.

I'm 5'6 and a half. I'm 172 now my goal is 150. My new pcp wants me to be 140. A normal BMI for my height ranges from 117-156 . there is allot of different ranges out there. Ive been exercising allot which has lead to me eating more! I eat up to 1200 calories on almost every day of the week. I exercise 5 days a week. I cant seem to eat less than that without feeling hungry or tired. My surgeon said the first 6-9 months or year is the golden year. weight loss slows down after that. I have 22 pounds to go.I want to be done. I want to go into maintaining mode already! wish I was still losing 2-3 pounds a week

It's funny to hear everyone's different opinions on weight goals. I THOUGHT that 150 was going to be tiny and that's the goal weight my surgeon has for me. Heck' date=' I thought 175 was going to be tiny. Im now 164 (last time I checked was a little over 2 weeks ago) and I feel like I have at LEAST 20-30lbs more that could easily come off which would put me around 135-145.

Never in a million years would I think that I would be 150 let alone less than that. But it's becoming more and more apparent that yes, my frame is a lot smaller than anyone thought. I'm extremely wasp waisted and come to find out I have very small legs and arms. Who knew?? I'm 5' 6 1/2" and at 164 I wear a s/m top, size 8 jeans and size 8 dress.

All that being said my surgeon said that most people hit their lowest weight and then typically gain back about 10-15 lbs so the lower you go right out the gate the better.[/quote']

I agree that it seems that most people regain a little weight after they hit a low. I don't think that makes me want to shoot for a size 4, though.

My surgeon wanted me to get to 125 based solely on BMI charts. Then (at the surgeon's suggestion), I consulted an exercise doctor (someone who works with athletes and with the other extreme...people like me). He used his big fancy machines and he was the one who determined, I should be 130 lbs. He thinks that since I have been overweight since childhood, the density of my muscle and bone is slightly greater than people who have either been the right weight their whole lives and/or people who got fat, but were once thin.

I made 140 my personal goal weight because there was a 5 year period of time (pre-children; pre-Hashimoto's disease, etc.) that I was able to get down to that weight and maintain it through walking...a lot of walking. When I got married, I was 140 wearing a size 10 and feeling fantastic. Right now, I am in a size 12 (pants), but can wear medium size shirts. I think it's great if you are a size 8 (already), but it sounds like you are thinking you want to be a size 4. It just shows you that everyone has a different mentality about where the end game occurs.

I think getting off the last 7 or 17 lbs is going to be extremely challenging, because I am as active as I can be with 4 kids and I am feeling great. It doesn't help that society is so used to larger people now that even at a size 12, people say I look "tiny." I admit this is a little skewed. When I was young in the 1970s/1980s, a size 12 would have been considered "big." But, obesity is so out of hand (as we personally know) that a size 12 doesn't look that big to people anymore.

I'm 5'6 and a half. I'm 172 now my goal is 150. My new pcp wants me to be 140. A normal BMI for my height ranges from 117-156 . there is allot of different ranges out there. Ive been exercising allot which has lead to me eating more! I eat up to 1200 calories on almost every day of the week. I exercise 5 days a week. I cant seem to eat less than that without feeling hungry or tired. My surgeon said the first 6-9 months or year is the golden year. weight loss slows down after that. I have 22 pounds to go.I want to be done. I want to go into maintaining mode already! wish I was still losing 2-3 pounds a week

Re: BMI and weight ranges - Yes. There is a spectrum. 117 would be extremely tiny for someone your height. Your 140 is probably a slightly lower BMI than me if I get to 130, but sounds somewhat comparable. I am not losing any discernable weight right now and I think it's because to your point, I exercise more and that has increased my appetite. It may make you feel better to know that I am part of an online group that includes marathon runners (FEMALE, marathon runners) and they are constantly complaining that when they train for their marathons, they GAIN weight....unlike their male counterparts. Obviously we don't want to be obese again, but we are working against our gender's natural "protective" system to keep a little more fat on us than men. It helps us have greater longevity than men, but it is a battle.

I agree that it seems that most people regain a little weight after they hit a low. I don't think that makes me want to shoot for a size 4' date=' though.

My surgeon wanted me to get to 125 based solely on BMI charts. Then (at the surgeon's suggestion), I consulted an exercise doctor (someone who works with athletes and with the other extreme...people like me). He used his big fancy machines and he was the one who determined, I should be 130 lbs. He thinks that since I have been overweight since childhood, the density of my muscle and bone is slightly greater than people who have either been the right weight their whole lives and/or people who got fat, but were once thin.

I made 140 my personal goal weight because there was a 5 year period of time (pre-children; pre-Hashimoto's disease, etc.) that I was able to get down to that weight and maintain it through walking...a lot of walking. When I got married, I was 140 wearing a size 10 and feeling fantastic. Right now, I am in a size 12 (pants), but can wear medium size shirts. I think it's great if you are a size 8 (already), but it sounds like you are thinking you want to be a size 4. It just shows you that everyone has a different mentality about where the end game occurs.

I think getting off the last 7 or 17 lbs is going to be extremely challenging, because I am as active as I can be with 4 kids and I am feeling great. It doesn't help that society is so used to larger people now that even at a size 12, people say I look "tiny." I admit this is a little skewed. When I was young in the 1970s/1980s, a size 12 would have been considered "big." But, obesity is so out of hand (as we personally know) that a size 12 doesn't look that big to people anymore.[/quote']

I honestly have no idea what size I will be. I'm not shooting for any particular size. I just know that when I look at the extra adipose tissue I still have and the concentration I have in some areas it's obvious to be I have about 20-30 left. Which believe me is a far cry better than the 120 I had to go when this whole thing started lol

I honestly have no idea what size I will be. I'm not shooting for any particular size. I just know that when I look at the extra adipose tissue I still have and the concentration I have in some areas it's obvious to be I have about 20-30 left. Which believe me is a far cry better than the 120 I had to go when this whole thing started lol

Well, I see a lot of posts like yours where people hit targets and go lower. For those of us in the "under a year post surgery" category, I don't know what the outcome will be.

I agree that having lost the first chunk of weight has been nothing short of miraculous. I have so much more energy and feel so much better when doing stuff with my family. Such a blessing. I really hope that I can get to 130 even if it takes longer than a year, but my big thing now is focusing on maintaining my activity level.

I don't know that portion size ever gets back to "normal adult" size. I can eat about 3-4 oz of dense Protein and a few bites of veggies at this point and its plenty of food.< /p>

I am like Chellemeime...I only eat about 3 to 4 oz of meat....and that's a good thing :)

Tomorrow will be 9 months since surgery.

Highest weight 254 (May 2012)

Pre-op diet 243.4

Day of surgery 233.1

Today 152

Weight loss has been slow and steady. My only exercise has been walking. I plan to join a gym with a friend in a couple of weeks.

My goal was 150 but I think I will keep going. I'm afraid of regaining 10 lbs from my lowest that people have talked about.

I'm 5'5" and currently wearing medium shirts and size 10/12 pants.

I went shopping with my 16 year old daughters and they want to share some of the tops I bought. That was really fun and a far cry from the size 24 or 2xl I used to wear.

I'm down a total of -103lbs and I think I'm ready to enter into the maintenance phase. Over all I'm happy with my weight and where I'm at. I'm excited to start the plastic surgery process and be bikini ready by next summer.

9 Months