Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

so i wanted to get everyones input on what they are eating now that we are about 7 months out.

favorite meals, Snacks, Proteins all that good stuff.

ive only met with a nutritionist once and it was 6 months before my surgery and have had no help what so ever with my meal planning.

my surgeon has seen me 2 times since surgery and doesnt plan to see me again until my 1 year visit.

i feel like im eating too much and not of the right things. so any advice would help! thanks :)

so i wanted to get everyones input on what they are eating now that we are about 7 months out.

favorite meals' date=' Snacks, Proteins all that good stuff.

ive only met with a nutritionist once and it was 6 months before my surgery and have had no help what so ever with my meal planning.

my surgeon has seen me 2 times since surgery and doesnt plan to see me again until my 1 year visit.

i feel like im eating too much and not of the right things. so any advice would help! thanks :)[/quote']

Wow. I met with my nutritionist preop, 2 weeks post op, 6 weeks post op, 3 months and 6 months. I see her again at a year.

My goals set by the nutritionist are

70 to 80 grams Protein but up to 100 is okay

1000 to 1200 calories

Less than 45 grams fat

No carb restrictions but should be less than protein.

64 oz Water

Don't drink 15 min before or 45 min after eating

Try to have 2 to 3 protein snacks during day.

I still can't eat bread and I physically don't have room to drink for 1 1/2 to 2 hours after eating. Makes snacking difficult for me.

My day is

Breakfast. Greek yogurt

lunch. 1/2 sandwich thin toasted, slice of American cheese, canned chicken 4 oz mixed with light mayo

dinner. Chicken. Usually grilled or fajitas. Sometimes pork loin. Few veggies

snack. Favorite is light baby bel cheese or reduced fat sargento sticks. Occasionally I still like sugar free fat free pudding. I make it with skim milk and add 1/3 cup dry milk powder to increase the protein and creaminess.

We also make chocolate chip cookie dough and freeze it into small balls with ice cream scoop. A couple times a week, I make one in the toaster oven. It has 100 calories and no nutrition but this little splurge keeps me on track. It also helps Portion Control to not make more than one or two ( if my husband wants one)

Surgery December 26, 2012 I am now down 117 pounds and loving it :) I need about 20 more pounds to be in the average BMI can't wait....

My husband was on vacation last week (I'm retired.) We had a friend here visiting from Indiana. We ate out every night, breakfast out at least 3 times too. We went to a Red sox game, partook of all of the July 4th celebrations in town. Weather was in the 90's the whole time.

My NSV's - no weight gain at all! I know that I did not exercise as much as I have been.

- being able to comfortably walk around town for all the festivities

- being comfortable in the seats at Fenway - room to spare actually!!

- having so much energy that folks were trying to keep up with me this year!!

I made sure I got in all of my Water - averaged about 90+oz a day. Continued to track on MFP, only 2 days I went over my 1200-by less than 60 calories.

I feel like this was a good test for me - I know I can do this for life.

I must say these last 11 pounds are stubborn, losing just oz at a time. But it will happen, for all of us December Sleevers!!

Feeling great today Trying some new food tonight i hope my sleeve likes it.

favorite meals, Snacks, Proteins all that good stuff.

i feel like im eating too much and not of the right things. so any advice would help! thanks :)

Ugh... I love that I'm able to touch base with my nutritionist via email or phone whenever and have called on her for input several times. I would hate not having that backup.

At almost 7 months out I'm able to tolerate just about anything (though I don't really venture off my plan) I was stalled for a few weeks so I added a morning shake to my day. The boost in Protein seems to help.

Typically I'll have a shake or greek yogurt in the morning, a snack (cheese stick) at around 11, Luch at around 1: consists of either 4 oz of protein (today it was sliced flank steak) or 3.5 oz protein 1 oz or so of veg or a starch. Snack around 3 (fruit) dinner around 6 or so. Smae break down as lunch. I find the biggest help to me has been portions. I can eyeball some things. But I always bring my lunch in a 4oz. container, saves on waste and keeps me where I want to be. It really is enough. I feel full (satisfied).

I have had small tastes of Pasta, but only a spoonful. And I try not to deprive myself. If I want a treat, I have it. But instead of haggen daaz, I'll have a skinny cow ice cream or sugar free ice pop. I always have cheese sticks handy and good quality Protein Bars. I don't want to get into a habit of not having something to eat and grabbing fast food.

Changing these habits has been key for me. I want to make sure that the bulk of my calories have nutrional value. I plan, but that is what works for me. Luckily I'm able to cook for a good chunk of the week over the weekend and I'll portion my meals out then, freeze what I need to and won't have to worry for the week.

Continued success to everyone!!

I am sure you will do great

Wow my sleeved loved it no issues good portion too

Traveling by plane all day. What a treat not to worry about sitting in the middle seat for one of the flights

Had to have dinner at an airport restaurant due to weather delays. Normally you have to order a bowl of Soup and they only sell the cup as a side if you order an entree. My surgeon gave me a card that politely requests that they accommodate my special dietary needs. Didn't need to use it. Just said I have had surgery and they were great. Soup was good and a cup was just enough

Traveling by plane all day. What a treat not to worry about sitting in the middle seat for one of the flights

Had to have dinner at an airport restaurant due to weather delays. Normally you have to order a bowl of Soup and they only sell the cup as a side if you order an entree. My surgeon gave me a card that politely requests that they accommodate my special dietary needs. Didn't need to use it. Just said I have had surgery and they were great. Soup was good and a cup was just enough

Hello

I have been wondering about this card. I had a friend who did the bypass and she had one of this cards. I wondered if we sleevers could get one or we just had to order from the kids meal? is this card labeled by your surgeon practice? What dies it say exactly?

Thanks

Hello

I have been wondering about this card. I had a friend who did the bypass and she had one of this cards. I wondered if we sleevers could get one or we just had to order from the kids meal? is this card labeled by your surgeon practice? What dies it say exactly?

Thanks

I got a card, too. It looks like my surgeon's business card, but it has a special request saying that I have had surgery and I can't eat much. It gives a number to call if they have any questions. I would like to say that mostly I haven't had any reason to use it. I mostly explain that I have had surgery and the waitresses/waitors seem to take that at face value and never ask to see a card, etc. I went to one really fancy restaurant a few months ago and they didn't care that I shared with my husband. I think most eating places know that the servings are too big even for "skinny" people who don't need to diet.

I got a card' date=' too. It looks like my surgeon's business card, but it has a special request saying that I have had surgery and I can't eat much. It gives a number to call if they have any questions. I would like to say that mostly I haven't had any reason to use it. I mostly explain that I have had surgery and the waitresses/waitors seem to take that at face value and never ask to see a card, etc. I went to one really fancy restaurant a few months ago and they didn't care that I shared with my husband. I think most eating places know that the servings are too big even for "skinny" people who don't need to diet.[/quote']

Thanks! I will ask my surgeon about this just incase I might need it.

I live by myself so most of the eating out I do on my own, so I think it would come in handy

I have the card too... soooooooooooo convenient!! I can barely eat a kid's portion... grateful they don't make me pay full price! I went out to eat with my 8 yr old one evening... we paid $7 for dinner! I guess I'm a "cheap" date... LOL