Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Here's a question for the ladies?????? I'm down 66 lbs my waist line is shrinking. I went to buy a new bra and my cup size went way up! The girl said its normal because they are tuning into skin. I was a little taken aback. Any of u had this happen?

Here's a question for the ladies?????? I'm down 66 lbs my waist line is shrinking. I went to buy a new bra and my cup size went way up! The girl said its normal because they are tuning into skin. I was a little taken aback. Any of u had this happen?

Not yes and I pray it dont.. I lost a lot of weight a long time ago and My cup stayed the same but you know every time you loose weight it can change where... I am only down 47 pounds so I dont know if another 10-20 would make a difference.

Not yes and I pray it dont.. I lost a lot of weight a long time ago and My cup stayed the same but you know every time you loose weight it can change where... I am only down 47 pounds so I dont know if another 10-20 would make a difference.

I just knew she measured wrong! Sadly no :( so I'm praying they shrink or I'll have to add a breast reduction to my list!

I know we are all dazzled/befuddled/annoyed/enthralled by the weight losses...the numbers oh how we watch the numbers on the scale. but I would like to humbly suggest we remember even if it's not perfect or falling off or we're stalled or we're making bad decisions or we're making great ones' date=' we all made a commitment to our health in doing this. So, tonight, i will not share a weight update.

I will tell you I don't need to take a nap twice each weekend anymore.

I am taking classes at the gym I never thought I could do and I am proudly doing my push-ups against the wall - and no one even cares!

I am wearing clothes I never thought would go over my hips again.

My son says my face is way prettier now.

my Husband grabs my A. So did my mother :-)

I can do things well into the night and not feel exhausted every day.

I am smaller and I am healthier and even though I struggle to get through this, I am proud I did this.

It is saving my life.

We are all doing wonderfully and I am so happy to read the replies to our group.

Good night December sleevers. You rock.[/quote']

I love this. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the weight factor. I am able to do things I wasn't able to before. People are starting to notice and comment. Thanks for posting

I am so thankful to all my December Sleevers. I read your posts every day and you help keep me going. I was so excited a week ago Friday as I was heading down to Humble (outside of Houston) to compete in my first TKD tournament since I began this process. I was getting close to having lost 40 lbs which is half way for me. 5 miles from our destination was go rear-ended and the person took off. Me and my girls were hurt - my youngest had a concussion. The rest of us also had whiplash. I got so depressed but I didn't binge eat. I kept thinking I wouldn't be able to work out and I couldn't compete. I have enough points right now for state champ in two categories and needed those points. However, believe it or not, I recovered very quickly. (Of course, muscle relaxants help!). A big note was that I didn't bing eat or emotional eat. I kept reading everyone's post and that kept me going.

Last Saturday, I got my assessment for soccer (I am a referee). The top assessor in the area assessed me. He hugged me three times. Told me how impressed he was with my running up and down the field. In areas of concern, he said "None at this time". That NEVER happens. Playing indoor soccer that night, everyone commented on how fast I was running.

Big goal reached this morning. I have lost 40.4 lbs. This is half way for me!!! I can now do so much more and my knees and ankles aren't hurting. I can finish a TKD class without my feet killing me! I have gone from 16/18 pants to size 12. I used to wear 1X to 2X tops and I am now in Larges. I can even steal my daughters close now!!! (Paybacks@!)

Sleeved: 12/13/2012

Starting: 195

Today (almost 12 weeks later): 154.6

Goal weight: 115

I am 5'1" - yep, I short!

Anyway, wanted to give a shout out to all my December sleevers! Y'all have been a big help to me. I am lucky to have a great support system at home and work, but everyone here really understands what I am going through and has really helped!

Everyone have a great day!

Non scale victories are just as good, if not better, than the weight loss pounds. This is a journey and we are not in a race. Just keep eating your Protein, getting in your Water and the loss will follow. I am one pound away from 60 pounds but I have lots of NSV that I experience everyday that keep me going. :)

I just want to come in with a quick happy report that I am down now by 49 pounds since surgery (12/6/12) and I will be busy for the next 2 days with work I pray i return on that 3rd day with the 50 i been waiting for.. Wish me luck December sleevers! I am feeling super great today! Keep up the good work guys

Sleeved 12/19/12 HW 298

Pre-Diet -18 280

Current -26 254

Total -44

One week exactly to my 3 month anniversary....really trying to drop 6 pounds to hit my 50 pound 3 month goal...if not would love to be 50 down by Easter!

I went on vacation last week...I had seafood every night, but shared with my boyfriend and only had things that were grilled or steamed. A couple bites each night really filled me up with half a side salad...and I saved money!

You all make me feel so much better! At times I think what if I fail and don't loose all the weight, but when I see you are all in the same place as me I feel so much better! Thanks for the inspiration.

***What is everyone's height and goal weight?***

I'm 5'6, goal at the moment is 140....but I'm starting to think that might be too low.

I must admit!!! so far so good! I have lost a total of 102 lbs..Sleeved Dec 13th.

Feeling Good!

I don't mean to put anyone down but when people post that they have lost in excess of 100 lbs in such short periods, it makes me angry. I wonder why them and not me??? I want to know if I'm doing something wrong and yet I know I'm following my protocol 100%. I just had to post because I don't come on here daily because of this reason. I guess I'm just jealous and petty. Anyone else feel like me???

I don't mean to put anyone down but when people post that they have lost in excess of 100 lbs in such short periods' date=' it makes me angry. I wonder why them and not me??? I want to know if I'm doing something wrong and yet I know I'm following my protocol 100%. I just had to post because I don't come on here daily because of this reason. I guess I'm just jealous and petty. Anyone else feel like me???[/quote']

Everybody is so different and you really can't compare anybody else's journey to yours. Would I have loved to lose over 100 pounds since my surgery? Of course! Am I happy to have lost 55 pounds since 12/20? Heck yes! Just follow your plan, focus on your successes, and the magic will happen!

Sleeved 12/19/12 HW 298

Pre-Diet -18 280

Current -26 254

Total -44

One week exactly to my 3 month anniversary....really trying to drop 6 pounds to hit my 50 pound 3 month goal...if not would love to be 50 down by Easter!

I went on vacation last week...I had seafood every night' date=' but shared with my boyfriend and only had things that were grilled or steamed. A couple bites each night really filled me up with half a side salad...and I saved money!

You all make me feel so much better! At times I think what if I fail and don't loose all the weight, but when I see you are all in the same place as me I feel so much better! Thanks for the inspiration.

***What is everyone's height and goal weight?***

I'm 5'6, goal at the moment is 140....but I'm starting to think that might be too low.[/quote']

My goal is also 140 and I am 5'3 1/2". I think it depends on why you want to be that thin. There was a woman on You Tube, and it was very important for her to wear a bikini. I am doing this for health reasons. I have always been fat (even as a young child in the 1970s and I didn't eat fast food and crap). There was one brief shining moment in my late 20s when I worked in NYC and walked 5-6 miles 5 times a week and got down to 140. According to Weight Watchers, I was still overweight for my height, but I felt good and I think I looked good, too. So, that is why I chose that number. I don't need to be in a bikini.

I don't mean to put anyone down but when people post that they have lost in excess of 100 lbs in such short periods' date=' it makes me angry. I wonder why them and not me??? I want to know if I'm doing something wrong and yet I know I'm following my protocol 100%. I just had to post because I don't come on here daily because of this reason. I guess I'm just jealous and petty. Anyone else feel like me???[/quote']

First, the person who posted ahead of you was a guy (who lost 100 lbs in 3 months). That being said, I think there are fewer woman who lose 100 lbs in 3 months with this procedure. It's not impossible, but it depends on their starting weight (do any of these people need to lose more than 100 lbs?), their sex (men do lose more quickly even in this scenario) and their ages. One person posted that she had lost a lot of weight and she was 27. But, these are just generalizations.

I have struggled with the jealousy bug at times, BUT it did give me comfort that my primary care physician told me that more of her patients (who have been sleeved like me) lose "slowly" than not. The unfortunate thing is that people like me don't typically post. But, what is slow anyway? I am 43, the mother of 4 young kids and before this surgery I would go to the gym and the weight barely came off. It was such a depressing feeling to be trying to eat right and exercising and still being fat. Now, if I can get 10 lbs off per month, it seems like a miracle.

I do think that you really have to give yourself the full first year to make a judgement. I have always been overweight, but I will say that the morbid obesity crept up on me with every pregnancy and with hypothyroidism. In other words, I was heavy when I was younger but NOT morbidly obese. It took me a decade to get to be 100 lbs overweight. So, maybe it would seem like a quick fix to lose 100 lbs in 3 months, but on the other hand, why should my body do that? I think if we just stick to our programs and keep our eye on the prize, in 12 months...even if we aren't 100 lbs lighter, we will be in such a better place. And, read all the posts about non-scale WL victories. I didn't have hypertension or diabetes, but my energy is getting so much better.

Well, got a call from my Dr today to hear that I have pneumonia. I'm happy I don't have a fever today. Now if the hacking would stop!

Well' date=' got a call from my Dr today to hear that I have pneumonia. I'm happy I don't have a fever today. Now if the hacking would stop![/quote']

Be sure to move around! And lots of deep full breaths! I'm a nurse and treat alot of pneumonia patients!