Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Hello Kat

I too do know What you mean about standing on your feet all day..... I am also a retail store manager..... I work crazy shifts..... So getting a consistent exercise schedule is been very difficult.... I am entering week 11. Of my post surgery.... I did enroll myself into Gold's gym last week... I am going to try to commit myself to two days a week.... I have had a lot of plateaus....this week I have been 222.2 every day :( ..... Even though it's very slow I still have managed to lose 42 pounds since my surgery... Presurgery I lost 32 pounds. Altogether 74 pounds

Patty

That's great Patty! I'm at a total of 56 pounds since surgery and didn't really lose much before. I had 2 knee scopes within 4 months of each other and 4 months of my sleeve surgery, also making it difficult to exercise. I only weigh every 2 weeks so I don't get frustrated. It seems like I average around 3 pounds a week. That would have never happened before so I'll take it!

12/11 down 52 lbs.

Starting weight 275

Day of surgery 247

Today 195

Total loss 80 lbs

Surgery day 12-12-12

Starting weight 237

Day of surgery 231

Current weight. 202

Total lost of 35 pounds - which I believe is amazing. Was hospitalized for 8 weeks on and off since my surgery from complications - during my hospital stay I was on TPN and Lipids (getting 1800 caleries through my IV). So no weight loss during those times.

With my complications my dr has me on a 1200 calorie goal a day - but I only get in around 600 a day.

On the topic of Hair loss - I'm losing it in bunches - as if I'm on chemo. Dr said it's due to all the meds and tests that has been done to my body - not to stress about it - it will grow back. But seeing it fall out is heart breaking and scary :-(

My viatimin D is extremely low as well - I've been given a priscription at 50,000 IU a week to help bump it up. With it being so low - simple tasks like taking a shower feels like a workout.

Good job everyone!!

12-5-12

SW: 249

CW: 193

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Everyone is doing so great! Yay December sleevers!!!

Surgery Date 12/14- 211

Current weight 172.4

38 pounds gone

Here I come 40lbs

I know we are all dazzled/befuddled/annoyed/enthralled by the weight losses...the numbers oh how we watch the numbers on the scale. but I would like to humbly suggest we remember even if it's not perfect or falling off or we're stalled or we're making bad decisions or we're making great ones, we all made a commitment to our health in doing this. So, tonight, i will not share a weight update.

I will tell you I don't need to take a nap twice each weekend anymore.

I am taking classes at the gym I never thought I could do and I am proudly doing my push-ups against the wall - and no one even cares!

I am wearing clothes I never thought would go over my hips again.

My son says my face is way prettier now.

my Husband grabs my A$$. So did my mother :-)

I can do things well into the night and not feel exhausted every day.

I am smaller and I am healthier and even though I struggle to get through this, I am proud I did this.

It is saving my life.

We are all doing wonderfully and I am so happy to read the replies to our group.

Good night December sleevers. You rock.

I know we are all dazzled/befuddled/annoyed/enthralled by the weight losses...the numbers oh how we watch the numbers on the scale. but I would like to humbly suggest we remember even if it's not perfect or falling off or we're stalled or we're making bad decisions or we're making great ones, we all made a commitment to our health in doing this. So, tonight, i will not share a weight update.

I am taking classes at the gym I never thought I could do and I am proudly doing my push-ups against the wall - and no one even cares!

my Husband grabs my A$$. So did my mother :-)

I am smaller and I am healthier and even though I struggle to get through this, I am proud I did this.

It is saving my life.

We are all doing wonderfully and I am so happy to read the replies to our group.

Good night December sleevers. You rock.

I LOVE THIS!!!

Thank you for putting it all in perspective!!

I know we are all dazzled/befuddled/annoyed/enthralled by the weight losses...the numbers oh how we watch the numbers on the scale. but I would like to humbly suggest we remember even if it's not perfect or falling off or we're stalled or we're making bad decisions or we're making great ones' date=' we all made a commitment to our health in doing this. So, tonight, i will not share a weight update.

my Husband grabs my A. So did my mother :-)

It is saving my life.

Good night December sleevers. You rock.[/quote']

Very well put! We should all learn to keep things in perspective and remember why we went on this journey. I had my wake up call last year when my orthopedic surgeon told me after my FIRST knee scope of the year, I had to make changes. One would think hitting 300+ should have been a red flag, guess I needed a swift kick in the ass. I knew that at my age, which was 37 at the time, I had to take control back. When I was being taken back for surgery in December and I saw my mom and dad with tears in their eyes, I felt loved, valued and worth fighting for for the first time in years. We all have a lot to be proud of and we ALL hold worth in this world. This is an amazing forum to come to for support and a shoulder when needed. Love to all December sleevers!

I agree in the last 3 months I have had 2 stalls one for 2 weeks the other for about 3 weeks and through both of them I came her to vent and felt supported and funny no matter the stall I am within the average December sleevers weight loss (I know we shouldn't compare) Some loose faster then others and more then others but I seem to be loosing at a steady paste now and thats fine with me. besides before the surgery I couldn't loose any weight or would loose a little then gain it back and then some. so I am grateful for the life changing choice I made. I am happy I am at a place I have not been in years with everything from walking up stairs to sitting.. Laugh if you will but the other day I discovered I can touch my knee to my head again lol (translation) my stomach is no longer in the way.. I love it! Its the simple things we dont even notice that bring the biggest smiles on our faces!

High Weight: 288 lbs

Surgery Weight 12/24: 277lbs

Today: 225

Went from size 22 to size 16 so far. Oh and I can no longer shop at Lane Bryant!!! I bought 2 dresses recently in their smallest size and they are too big!!!

It is AMAZING being able to buy clothes in the regular size section!!

Lol im learning that losing weight still doesnt make you cute. Ive gotta figure that part out.

Well, at the hospital having a chest x-ray. Flu A and B are negative, mono test is negative. I passed out and threw up when they drew my blood, that was amazing. I just want to know what's wrong and make it go away!

Well' date=' at the hospital having a chest x-ray. Flu A and B are negative, mono test is negative. I passed out and threw up when they drew my blood, that was amazing. I just want to know what's wrong and make it go away![/quote']

Feel better and keep us posted. Hope they figure out what is ailing you sooner than later.