Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

You look beautiful.

Well....I am always cold. I know that is thyroid related. So stupid! I am so heavy I should feel warm/hot' date=' not cold[/quote']

I dontvthink its thyroid for being cold. I stay a lot colder now after surgery and when i was researching it it looks like a LOT of people are staying cold afterwards.

I've had many ups and gowns to' date=' starting yesterday I reduced calories to under 500 instead of under 600 (nutritionist said that us Mac calories). Get all my Water, just not losing as quick as I want, need to lose 15+ by the end of the month.[/quote']

I would SERIOUSLY suggest looking into raising your calories.... I know it sounds crazy but it works. Your body lets go of starvation mode! Ive been on a STEADY loss after taking it to 1000-1100 cals a day! When i was staying 6-700 i was stalled for a while. I was down another 1.4 today!

I dontvthink its thyroid for being cold. I stay a lot colder now after surgery and when i was researching it it looks like a LOT of people are staying cold afterwards.

Yep, I've been in heaven since my surgery ....being cold sure beats hot flashes! Hope it lasts...

Being cold is definitely a symptom hypothyroidism......it was one of the first symptoms I noticed before I was diagnosed. I developed thyroid cancer (not related to hypothyroidism) and I'm on full hormone replacement (had a total thyroidectomy).

I had problems with feeling cold before surgery. It's just worse than ever now. It is a thyroid issue. My basal temp has been 95.8F in the morning. My husband and I were doing Natural Family Planning and my temps don't even register on their charts!

Yep' date=' I've been in heaven since my surgery ....being cold sure beats hot flashes! Hope it lasts...

Being cold is definitely a symptom hypothyroidism......it was one of the first symptoms I noticed before I was diagnosed. I developed thyroid cancer (not related to hypothyroidism) and I'm on full hormone replacement (had a total thyroidectomy).[/quote']

Are you old enough to ave hot flashes? You look younger than me in your head shot! :-)

What dosage do you take if you have no thyroid? I am guessing you are on synthroid/levoxyl...

Stinker - thank you!

Lisa'slosinit- you look amazing! Good for you.

I have become obsessed with Silk Soy vanilla Milk with one scoop of Chia seeds in my shaker cup! It is a nice Protein boost (from the Silk' date=' sometimes I add unflavored protein powder), and you can crunch on the little Chia seeds in the milk. Chia has REALLY helped with Constipation, and it is high in Fiber and healthy oils. So that's one snack I have in the evenings.

Nuts are a great grab and go snack - I am not worrying too much about fat/oil, because I eat so little, and I focus on getting in healthy foods first. Also, 1/2 banana is a good grab and go, and very filling.

Good luck![/quote']

I forgot my other great grab and go snack! I get those individually wrapped prunes (they are called "ones"), and take a couple to work in my lunchbox. They are two bites, superfood antioxidants, high in fiber, give me my fruit servings, help with constipation, and only 20 cals each! Sure, my husband jokes that I am an old lady for eating prunes, but I love them!

I'm gong to get some prunes! Don't care if I'm an old lady ;)

I forgot my other great grab and go snack! I get those individually wrapped prunes (they are called "ones"), and take a couple to work in my lunchbox. They are two bites, superfood antioxidants, high in fiber, give me my fruit servings, help with Constipation, and only 20 cals each! Sure, my husband jokes that I am an old lady for eating prunes, but I love them!

I LOVE prunes...I loved the flavored ones-- lemon essence and orange essence are so good!

Hello December group

Was curious to see if everybody could post Their current weight loss is.... It sounds like a lot of us have had plateaus... But are still slowly losing weight that's great

Patty

Per-started at 296....lost 32 pounds

Surgery I was at 264

Today I am at 222.2 down from surgery 42 pounds

Altogether 74 pounds

All my stats are in my ticket and signature.... But I have been hitting some FIERCE stalls! I feel like I am still slowly losing, and consistently losing even if it slow is alright by me!

I am a day late but yesterday made my 3 month post op, sleeved 12/6/12 and I am down 47 pounds and happy too! I cant wait to see 50 full pounds lost! =-)

Hello December group

Was curious to see if everybody could post Their current weight loss is.... It sounds like a lot of us have had plateaus... But are still slowly losing weight that's great

Patty

Per-started at 296....lost 32 pounds

Surgery I was at 264

Today I am at 222.2 down from surgery 42 pounds

Altogether 74 pounds

Pre-surgery - HW 242 - lost 20

Day of surgery (12/17) - 222

March 7th 191

Total Lost since BEFORE surgery: 51

Loss Since surgery: 31

I am 5'3 1/2" - so for a short person even though I have made it to one-derland, I still look really heavy. But, at least I am going in the right direction.

Someone else said that they put their stats in their tickers, but I am on an i-pad app and I don't see tickers....so don't assume everybody sees the same screen.