Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Surgery date 12/6, presurgery weight 267, surgery day 251, today 204. Total loss 63, stalled for a week. Even after starting to train for a 5k, daily running, I am stuck at 204. I feel like the universe is against me getting to onederland. Sniff.

Mine was 2 weeks after yours the 26th

Per surgery 296 (started a few months prior with Surgeon insurance Insistent)

Surgery 264

Today 223.6

A total of 72.6

I have had sooooo many stop and goes ...I am now up to 600 to 700 calories and I seem to do better now

Patty

I know I should not compare my loss to anyone else' date=' but you guys are doing great and I am barely doing okay.

HW 12/10/13 237

SW 01/7/13 230

CW 2/04/13 203

I'm down only 27 pounds in 2 months. I think maybe I need to up may calories since most days I fall short of the 800 my nut said i should consume. I always get my Protein in mostly through shakes and usually get in my 60 of Water. The slow pace is allowing my skin to kind of rebound, but I was hoping for a bigger loss at the two month mark. Also, outside of a little walking I have not begun to exercise (having some issues with arthritis in my knees) but I begin physical therapy for my knees this week, hopefully that will ease some of the discomfort and allow me to exercise on a regular basis.[/quote']

You know...I compare with other people, too, and it can be frustrating. I have been exercising faithfully since the first weekend following surgery (5 days post op). I don't have any knee issues, etc, but I have only lost 30 lbs in about the same time as you and you indicate that you haven't been exercising (much). So, I guess we have to focus on the fact that 27 lbs in about 3 months = 10 lbs/month. Before surgery, I couldn't lose 10/lbs a month. It took me 6 months to lose the 20 lbs pre-op. I think the only thing I worry about is that the weight loss will slow down again to a true snail's pace, but people like us just have to focus on staying on the plan of eating right and getting what exercise we can.

Speaking of exercise...my 4 year old has had a stomach bug and I have been house-bound for two days....no gym...no abilitity to walk outside. Today, I decided I just needed to be more motivated and I walked around my house for 10,000 steps and did 75 trips up the stairs between my first and second floors. Admittedly, it was boring but at least I feel less defeated.

I know I should not compare my loss to anyone else, but you guys are doing great and I am barely doing okay.

HW 12/10/13 237

SW 01/7/13 230

CW 2/04/13 203

I'm down only 27 pounds in 2 months. I think maybe I need to up may calories since most days I fall short of the 800 my nut said i should consume. I always get my Protein in mostly through shakes and usually get in my 60 of Water. The slow pace is allowing my skin to kind of rebound, but I was hoping for a bigger loss at the two month mark. Also, outside of a little walking I have not begun to exercise (having some issues with arthritis in my knees) but I begin physical therapy for my knees this week, hopefully that will ease some of the discomfort and allow me to exercise on a regular basis.

Mine was the 26th of Dec had the sleeve done.

Per surgery 296 (started a few months prior with Surgeon insurance Insistent)

Surgery 264

Today 223.6

A total of 72.6

I have had sooooo many stop and goes ...I am now up to 600 to 700 calories and I seem to do better now

I only get about half the water in about 32 oz (if I am being good) ....I do have a Protein Drink every morning ....and I have now been getting my protein in .....I joined a gym this week to see is I can get it going faster :)

Patty

I'm getting a little frustrated, and trying not to be. Starting weight was 305, and now I'm down to 252, but most of that was lost the first two months. I've been struggling since late January to lose. I lost 8 pounds in February, and I suppose if I kept at that rate, I would be happy, but I feel like it's ground to a halt. I can't believe it. I track everthing I eat, get in 65-75 gm Protein a day, drink more than 64 oz Fluid, limit carbs, and exercise most days of the week. I was an expert dieter and didn't lose weight before surgery, and I guess I'm not sure why I expected anything different now. However, I remain hopeful that sticking with it for the long haul will make the difference, which is something I never succeeded at before.

There, thanks for the rant, I feel better :)

I'm getting a little frustrated, and trying not to be. Starting weight was 305, and now I'm down to 252, but most of that was lost the first two months. I've been struggling since late January to lose. I lost 8 pounds in February, and I suppose if I kept at that rate, I would be happy, but I feel like it's ground to a halt. I can't believe it. I track everthing I eat, get in 65-75 gm Protein a day, drink more than 64 oz Fluid, limit carbs, and exercise most days of the week. I was an expert dieter and didn't lose weight before surgery, and I guess I'm not sure why I expected anything different now. However, I remain hopeful that sticking with it for the long haul will make the difference, which is something I never succeeded at before.

There, thanks for the rant, I feel better :)

Ok, ditto for me for everything in this post! I could have written it myself.

9 weeks post-op and I've lost 30 lbs...

Teri, I just sent you a message!

I have lost 44 lbs since my surgery 12/17/12. I have been overly anxious about my weight loss. I expected to lose more by now. I compare my progress to a friend who had surgery a week before me. I lost a net of 7 lbs in February. I follow my diet, exercise, the whole shebang. I have suffered with hypothyroidism for 11 years. My last pcp decreased my dose of synthroid from 200 mcg to 125 mcg some time last year. I had my TSH repeated and it was 14.7. So, starting tomorrow my dose will be higher and hopefully my metabolism will get a boost.

I have lost 44 lbs since my surgery 12/17/12. I have been overly anxious about my weight loss. I expected to lose more by now. I compare my progress to a friend who had surgery a week before me. I lost a net of 7 lbs in February. I follow my diet' date=' exercise, the whole shebang. I have suffered with hypothyroidism for 11 years. My last pcp decreased my dose of synthroid from 200 mcg to 125 mcg some time last year. I had my TSH repeated and it was 14.7. So, starting tomorrow my dose will be higher and hopefully my metabolism will get a boost.[/quote']

Wow! I bet you will see a big difference if your TSH is up to 14.7. How have you been keeping your energy up with your TSH so high? I think the highest mine ever was (back in the beginning before I knew I was hypothyroid...10 years ago)...was between 5 and 6 and I could barely do anything. Just wanted to sleep! I've heard of people with numbers around 20, but they were usually in pretty bad shape (not weight...just in general) when they were that high. In any case, I really think that once you start the new prescription, you should not only get a boost of energy, but I'll bet you will drop the lbs. more consistently.

Currently I'm on 137 mcg, but I haven't been tested since before surgery. I do wonder if anything has changed, but I think my energy has been "good enough" that I can't imagine that my TSH has gone up.

And, for the record, we had surgery the same day, but I have only lost 30 lbs. I am still grateful.

I have felt crappy. Always tired, and always cold. My TSH hasn't been this high since I was diagnosed. I hope this helps.

I have felt crappy. Always tired' date=' and always cold. My TSH hasn't been this high since I was diagnosed. I hope this helps.[/quote']

Well....I am always cold. I know that is thyroid related. So stupid! I am so heavy I should feel warm/hot, not cold; but I dress in layers because normally I veer towards cold. I even bought a bathrobe for after surgery and I was so happy to have it, because the temp in the house is set to 70, but I was freezing. Nevertheless, I think that is just my permanent reminder of hypothyroidism....just like I have permanent hair loss...It fell out and never came back even with the synthetic hormone.

But, I haven't been unusually tired. Not any worse than before surgery. I am just really glad that they finally caught your elevated TSH and you are getting the meds you need. ((Hugs))

Hi all! I was sleeved 12/10.

The start of my journey I was 332.

Day of surgery 300

Today I'm 260!

Down a total of 71lbs (40 of that since surgery).

Overall i think I'm doing great. Some days are better than others. Some days I have trouble getting all my fluids in. But I always get my Protein and Vitamins in.

The last 8 days I was on a business trip to Atlanta. A couple days we had to eat out. Went to steak and shake one day on our way to the client and I got a chees burger with no mayo and I took off the top bun. I ate just a little more than half.

2 other times we ate at a bbq place. And again I tried to pick the healthiest options. Even with that though 6 months ago I would of easily eaten a double cheeseburger meal with a large fry and a large coke. That day I had half of a single with no top bun. So it's definitely an improvement!

And any time I can lose 71lbs I'll take it ;-)

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering like this. Are you straining while having a BM?

I am not straining that's what is strange. My sister asked her doctor and he said that sometimes when people have a BM that their blood pressure lowers if they're straining. That would be an answer if I were. It's crazy!

I've had many ups and gowns to, starting yesterday I reduced calories to under 500 instead of under 600 (nutritionist said that us Mac calories). Get all my Water, just not losing as quick as I want, need to lose 15+ by the end of the month.

12/26 about 50 since surgery and 70's overall. 1 1/2 pounds until I'm under 200 haven't seen that in about 15 years. I love my sleeve!! Good luck everyone!!!

12/26 about 50 since surgery and 70's overall. 1 1/2 pounds until I'm under 200 haven't seen that in about 15 years. I love my sleeve!! Good luck everyone!!!

i just wanted to share a pic with yall. i have really been down about my SLOW weight loss ....but ive really been droppin the sizes . this past weekend after taking and lookin at pics i am FINALLY starting to see a difference.i was sleeved on dec. 8 and my heaviest weight ( the before pic taken last year ....257 !) the after pic i took this past saturday ...188.8 !.. i have gone from a tight 3x top to an xl and from a tight 22 to a ALMOST fitting 14!!! the lowest i remember ever weighing was 175 when i was in high school 25 years ago.....so when i see 175 i will be in heaven !!!!Each of us are on the same journey and we are all so inspiring to each other!!!Just think how we are all gonna look and FEEL this summer !!!!HOT MAMS AND PAPAS!!!!!!! :)

post-47339-13813663654284_thumb.jpg