Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

So to me I still look as fat as ever in the mirror but last night I had an almost scary NSV! Almost 1am as I was getting ready for bed I remembered it was garbage night. I was already stripped down and I'm pretty sure in my sedate neighborhood I'm the only one still up and about so I took the garbage to the curb in my boxers. As I was hurrying to get back in out of the cold before a car drove past I saw the shadow of a man against my house' date=' cast by the streetlight directly across. For a split moment I was freaked out until I realized it was in fact my own shadow and I didn't recognize it immediately. The shadow had love handles but was no where near round like it used to be. :) I actually stopped to gawk at it in disbelief for a while.

So I guess much of my weight is still hanging off the front and is still offensive to me in 3D, but my 2 dimensional profile isn't looking half bad! If you are struggling to notice your progress, take a page from a groundhog and see if your bare shadow scares you. What's the worst than can happen? Six more weeks of winter?[/quote']

This is just a great story. And, to your point, we can't see all our angles, so where we lose weight may not always be in the most obvious places. I've lost a lot in my FACE. Okay that isn't a bad thing, but I can't wait till I lose more of my big ol' butt!

This is just a great story. And, to your point, we can't see all our angles, so where we lose weight may not always be in the most obvious places. I've lost a lot in my FACE. Okay that isn't a bad thing, but I can't wait till I lose more of my big ol' butt!

I know how you feel but trust me when I say I have NO AZZ AT ALL lol all my weight is in my back and stomach and I do see a difference and I love it. I want this belly to just be gone already!

Best of luck, let us no how things go.

thank you so much and I will you know i'm hoping the doctor scale makes me happy it will be the first time weighing in with my new scale so its all a surprise to me with my last scale I knew whatever mines said there's would be 3 pounds more with this one i have no clue! I'm hoping it either matches or is less I will be weighing in on my scale their scale and my wii to compare all 3 to see which one is closest to theirs and that will be the one i go by from now on!

Sleeved on 12/31 - im counting today as two months (2/28 - although technically its probably the 2nd for 30 days)

42lbs gone :) only 60 more until Im happy and 80 more to goal!

Okay guys home and here is the story..

On my scale at home I weighed in today at 216.4

wii weigh in was 215.00

and of course the doctors scaled was 217.8 wtf lol so I guess I will be going with the 216.4 lol since its in the middle. point is no matter what I have lost over 40 lbs point blank lol.. No blood work was done they said to me the average sleeved person has no issue with absorbing its RNY people they keep an eye on so unless an issue arises there is no need for concern with my blood and intake I was like okay if you say so.. Quack! But it is what it is I feel good my skin looks healthy and unless something makes me scream help I will leave it alone.

oh yeah and they were happy with my weigh in . she said I am doing fine and 10 pounds a month is expected. so I am on point with weight loss too.

oh yeah and they were happy with my weigh in . she said I am doing fine and 10 pounds a month is expected. so I am on point with weight loss too.

Wow that is awesome 10 pounds a month I can work with that .. My doctor wanted me to lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks .. I am just going to do the best that I can .. ????

What's everyone's thought on straws were a few months out! Do you think it's ok to use? I so miss my straws!

I started using them within the past three weeks and I don't notice any problem (from introducing more air into my stomach). I wouldn't drink from a straw all the time, though. But once a day or less than once a day hasn't been a problem.

What's everyone's thought on straws were a few months out! Do you think it's ok to use? I so miss my straws!

Ive been using straws. Still alive.

Ive been using straws. Still alive.

Yep, me too! I swallow a lot of air either way... <_<:rolleyes:

Down -60lbs. Surgery 12/20

Down -60lbs. Surgery 12/20

That's awesome! What does your diet look like now daily? Do you exercise?

That's awesome! What does your diet look like now daily? Do you exercise?

I don't really have anything set as far as a daily diet. I usually have 1 Protein Shake a day, a Protein Bar, baby bell cheese, beef jerk, lunch meat. I drink about 50oz of Water a day and 8oz of 2% milk (I refuse to switch to skim...lol). I try and eat every 2-3 hours even if I'm not hungry.

In the beginning I exercised daily, walking 2 miles a day. Nothing crazy 2-3mph, but I haven't been on the treadmill in 3 weeks and I'm still losing.

Starting weight was 265lb.