Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

I'm a guy and I don't lose fast. I lost fast on pre op diet and on liquids post op but since then has been a stall about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time I lose nicely. It's extremely frustrating because I see no rhyme or reason to the pattern of stalls and losses. I wish it was steadier, but so far I'll take the results; though I feel it isn't a good sign for me long term. Also, I do have lots of hunger type stomach pain lately. I may need to add an extra Prevacid per day. Right now I take one and also Zantac 150 at least once or twice per day... I'm hoping I get happier before my 3rd month appointment.

I'm a guy and I don't lose fast. I lost fast on pre op diet and on liquids post op but since then has been a stall about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time I lose nicely. It's extremely frustrating because I see no rhyme or reason to the pattern of stalls and losses. I wish it was steadier' date=' but so far I'll take the results; though I feel it isn't a good sign for me long term. Also, I do have lots of hunger type stomach pain lately. I may need to add an extra Prevacid per day. Right now I take one and also Zantac 150 at least once or twice per day... I'm hoping I get happier before my 3rd month appointment.[/quote']

Amen. I stall more than i lose.

Yep' date=' I saw Alli today. She'll probably tell you to up your protein... Where in New Orleans are you? Don't you just love how easily guys can lose weight? My husband can say that he's going to cut back this week and he'll lose 5 lbs. I cut my calories to 800 and can barely lose 1 lb!

You can tell Alli on Wednesday that we're on a forum discussing our slow weight loss![/quote']

I am actually in Baton Rouge. I have alot of family in New Orleans. I grew up in belle chase.

Yes! I was sleeved on Dec 6' date=' and I have lost 32 lbs. Just this week, I lost 4 pounds by adding small bites of carbs, it is the weirdest thing! We went to restaurants twice this week. One night, I had seafood canneloni (seafood in thin pasta) with glass of wine, next morning I was down a full pound! Two nights later, out with friends and I had two pomegranate margaritas, next morning, I was down another pound! I have been very adherent and compliant, but this is the most weight I've lost in a week since right after surgery, weird. I don't plan to derail my eating plan, but I am starting to believe that the body does respond to slight increase in calories/carbs from time to time. BTW, I'm in Baton Rouge :-)[/quote']

I'm in Baton Rouge too!!

Sleeved 12/11, started at 280, was 276 day of surgery, down to 241 last friday but put on 4 lbs over the weekend from eating poorly (restaurant food instead of home food). Getting back on my schedule this week. So close to 40 lbs! @10 wks today. I have my 3 mos meeting on 3/15 so I'd love to be down 50lbs by then. That gives me 23 days, so should be do-able! That would be half of my goal weight! I sometimes do a shake in the mornings because I'm running late for work, they truly do satisfy me all the way til lunch. Lunch is typically a salad of some sort, tuna, chicken or lettuce with Beans, chicken and feta, although yesterday I had a chicken curry kabob at the Greek place and it was yummy! I do get that little hungry feeling about an hour after eating, I never thought of it being due to stomach acid like some people say. I've been taking my pills in the evening, going to readjust that starting today and take them at lunch! Good luck to all.

Just visited the doctor at 8 weeks.... Have not lost as much as he wanted and got scolded. I have been eating what I should be so in talking with him, we determined that I need to change Protein Shakes and cut calories to 500 a day from 6-800. I have to lose 28 pounds in 30 days, not sure how I will do it, but will try my hardest. I'm going to change from total lean shakes GNC to Isopure. I will get 6 less carbs, 15 more grams of Protein and 10 less calories, plus 6 more ounces of liquid. Wish me luck!

I am really surprised by all the doctor's goals. My doctor has never given me any type of weight loss goals or guidelines. I asked about it and they said they don't do it.

I'm a guy and I don't lose fast. I lost fast on pre op diet and on liquids post op but since then has been a stall about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time I lose nicely. It's extremely frustrating because I see no rhyme or reason to the pattern of stalls and losses. I wish it was steadier, but so far I'll take the results; though I feel it isn't a good sign for me long term. Also, I do have lots of hunger type stomach pain lately. I may need to add an extra Prevacid per day. Right now I take one and also Zantac 150 at least once or twice per day... I'm hoping I get happier before my 3rd month appointment.

Hi

I've been on Prevacid 2x day but I was still having that acid burning feeling. I added a Zantac, which helped for a while but in the last few days it seems to have gotten worse. I had my regular follow up appt yesterday and the NP gave me Nexium, which is the strongest PPI. I took it last night and I have had ANY burning or gnawing hunger feeling. I hope it lasts!

I am actually in Baton Rouge. I have alot of family in New Orleans. I grew up in belle chase.

I grew up in Gretna!

Sleeved 12/11, started at 280, was 276 day of surgery, down to 241 last friday but put on 4 lbs over the weekend from eating poorly (restaurant food instead of home food). Getting back on my schedule this week. So close to 40 lbs! @10 wks today. I have my 3 mos meeting on 3/15 so I'd love to be down 50lbs by then. That gives me 23 days, so should be do-able! That would be half of my goal weight! I sometimes do a shake in the mornings because I'm running late for work, they truly do satisfy me all the way til lunch. lunch is typically a salad of some sort, tuna, chicken or lettuce with Beans, chicken and feta, although yesterday I had a chicken curry kabob at the Greek place and it was yummy! I do get that little hungry feeling about an hour after eating, I never thought of it being due to stomach acid like some people say. I've been taking my pills in the evening, going to readjust that starting today and take them at lunch! Good luck to all.

Good luck on reaching your next goal!

Ugh! Only down 8lbs in the last 30 days. That blows. Youd think after everything weve put ourselves through itd at least go a LITTLE faster... Would 15 have been too much to ask for? :-/

re: doctor's goals or lack of...It's just another thing to drive us crazy. Those of us getting goals are made crazy by trying to figure out how to achieve. Those of us without goals feel "left behind." I don't think I could go on less than 600 calories at this point, so I guess I am thankful (for the moment) not to have a doctor telling me to do that.

So, sleeved on 12/17 and I think I am thirty down post surgery (fifty overall). As has been stated by so many others, it seems like there is a group who loses weight more quickly and I am not part of it. And, as my PCP was telling me, maybe we shouldn't stress about other's big losses because she thinks more of us lose at my rate, we just don't post about it, because the loss seems so "moderate." What I have to remember is that it took me SIX months to lose the first 20 pounds before surgery and I have lost 30 pounds in about 2 1/2 months post surgery. So, even if my rate of loss is "modest" for VSG, it still beats the hell out of no surgery and trying to lose weight.

It is just crazy all the different doctors goals when they don't seem to have any standardisation in general. We are all so different ourselves, I went in at my six week visit with my surgeon thinking I was losing really slow but he was happy because I am 51 and he said women of my age dont typically lose very fast. So I have to be careful reading about the 30 something's loses and trying not to compare. I still frustrated that I wasn't given an optimum eating plan for me that I could just follow without having to do trial and error. I still am not eating much, hard to get much added cals and Protein in, scared to go too far off the plan by adding carbs as some have done here. I figured I lost about 8 lbs the last four weeks, with a long stall before that but them I figured if I lost 8 lbs a month in the next 4 months at 6 months out I should have lost about 77 total which doesn't sound so bad. I would love to be above average but guess I have to work with all my issues still: age, hormones, tanked metabolism.

Lost

Check out this video on YouTube:

Wow thanks for sharing your video and nice job on your weight loss. I wish I could get to the point the clothes are literally falling off of me as I walk. I can say my clothes are fitting much better and I actually like the way my face looks, because I can definitely see some thinning out in my face, neck and chest area. The lbs may not be dropping fast enough, but proportionately things seem to be doing well. Please keep the video's coming.