Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

[quote name="Heather86 :o)]So' date=' I finally hit Onederland this past week and now weigh 195.

Highest weight was this past summer at 277. Surgery date (12/10/12) was 235. Down 40 pounds since surgery and 82 total lost.

I no longer have any hunger feelings at all, it's so weird to have to remind myself to eat. I'm having a hard time getting over 400 calories lately. Working on that and getting my liquids in has been where I'm focusing.[/quote']

Congratulations on ONEderland! Can't wait to be there soon.

Sleeved 12/26. Down 42 pounds today.

Sleeved 12/10. Down 46.2lbs. Of that, 16lbs were lost with pre-op diet. So 30lbs since surgery 10 weeks ago. I think I lose on the slower side.

Weight loss is slower then I would care for but I just did inches and I am sooooo happy there is loss in inches since I last checked so I feel a bit better right now.

Sleeved 12/10. Down 46.2lbs. Of that' date=' 16lbs were lost with pre-op diet. So 30lbs since surgery 10 weeks ago. I think I lose on the slower side.[/quote']

You are doing great! My numbers are similar and I was dec3

Sleeved December 18th down 44 lbs and counting surgery date weight 225 current weight 181 hooray !!!!

post-43212-13813663212616_thumb.jpg

Sleeved December 18th down 44 lbs and counting surgery date weight 225 current weight 181 hooray !!!!

post-227671-13813137791206_thumb.jpg

First time I've seen someone who started out with the same BMI as I did, about the same weight pre-surgery. I've been wondering if I'm losing the way I should because it's coming off very very slowing (in fact, I think I'm stalled - no weight loss in over a week). I've read that individuals with higher BMI tend to lose more faster, than those who started out with a lower BMI. I don't have enough experience to know one way or the other, but you are the first person I've seen here that had similiar stats as myself and, based on your weight loss I'm not doing all that bad.

Surgery Date: 12/26

Day of Surgery: 222

Today's Weight: 195

Total Weight Loss: 27lb

@popsicle: I was sleeved dec. 27, surgery weight 242 now I'm 215. I just got off a three week stall. It comes off as needed. Once the body adjusts to the new eating habits the pounds drop. Don't be discouraged. Keep it up!

First time I've seen someone who started out with the same BMI as I did' date=' about the same weight pre-surgery. I've been wondering if I'm losing the way I should because it's coming off very very slowing (in fact, I think I'm stalled - no weight loss in over a week). I've read that individuals with higher BMI tend to lose more faster, than those who started out with a lower BMI. I don't have enough experience to know one way or the other, but you are the first person I've seen here that had similiar stats as myself and, based on your weight loss I'm not doing all that bad.

Surgery Date: 12/26

Day of Surgery: 222

Today's Weight: 195

Total Weight Loss: 27lb[/quote']

I was sleeved more than a week before you (12/17) and I started the same as you and weigh the same as you now, but a week or so more out. I know one poster started out with a lower BMI than me and she has lost more weight than me, so I just think for some of us, the process is slower. Still to be 195 after 6 years above 200 feels good. I'm not sure what my BMI is right now, but I know that I am still in the obese category because I am short (5'3.5")...

Surgery 12/21

25 lbs Lost

I will hit the two month post-op mark in 3 days and today I had my second post-op appointment with the nurse practitioner.....she said she would have liked to see more weight loss but that there are so many variables that come into play that it is hard to pinpoint any one thing as a reason for the slow weight loss ( which of course all of us slow losers know well) I asked about calories and she said she never really gives calories -- just Protein goals. I told her I was eating about 800 calories give or take a hundred. She wants me to up my calories to 1000 and see what happens, which I am hesitant to do because I will freak out if I gain ANY weight.

Anyway, she wants me to go back to doing two shakes a day, one real food meal and two protein Snacks.< /p>

I see people here who are eating 500, 600, 900, 1200...etc It is all over the map.

Has anyone else raised their calories and magically started losing faster?

Surgery 12/21

25 lbs Lost

I will hit the two month post-op mark in 3 days and today I had my second post-op appointment with the nurse practitioner.....she said she would have liked to see more weight loss but that there are so many variables that come into play that it is hard to pinpoint any one thing as a reason for the slow weight loss ( which of course all of us slow losers know well) I asked about calories and she said she never really gives calories -- just Protein goals. I told her I was eating about 800 calories give or take a hundred. She wants me to up my calories to 1000 and see what happens' date=' which I am hesitant to do because I will freak out if I gain ANY weight.

Anyway, she wants me to go back to doing two shakes a day, one real food meal and two protein Snacks.< /p>

I see people here who are eating 500, 600, 900, 1200...etc It is all over the map.

Has anyone else raised their calories and magically started losing faster?[/quote']

Hey Dana I was sleeves on the 20th and have only lost 26 pounds. I go see alli on Wednesday. I've been bummed cause I stalled for over 5 weeks I'm getting about 50 gms of protein a day. I'm sure she will tell me the same thing. I hope it works! My husband went on a diet after my surgery and he's almost lost as much as me. Don't get me wrong I'm happy about losing this much just thought it would be more.

Surgery 12/21

25 lbs Lost

I will hit the two month post-op mark in 3 days and today I had my second post-op appointment with the nurse practitioner.....she said she would have liked to see more weight loss but that there are so many variables that come into play that it is hard to pinpoint any one thing as a reason for the slow weight loss ( which of course all of us slow losers know well) I asked about calories and she said she never really gives calories -- just Protein goals. I told her I was eating about 800 calories give or take a hundred. She wants me to up my calories to 1000 and see what happens' date=' which I am hesitant to do because I will freak out if I gain ANY weight.

Has anyone else raised their calories and magically started losing faster?[/quote']

I raised mine to 1000-1100 and started losing again.

Hey Dana I was sleeves on the 20th and have only lost 26 pounds. I go see alli on Wednesday. I've been bummed cause I stalled for over 5 weeks I'm getting about 50 gms of Protein a day. I'm sure she will tell me the same thing. I hope it works! My husband went on a diet after my surgery and he's almost lost as much as me. Don't get me wrong I'm happy about losing this much just thought it would be more.

Yep, I saw Alli today. She'll probably tell you to up your protein... Where in New Orleans are you? Don't you just love how easily guys can lose weight? My husband can say that he's going to cut back this week and he'll lose 5 lbs. I cut my calories to 800 and can barely lose 1 lb!

You can tell Alli on Wednesday that we're on a forum discussing our slow weight loss!

Surgery 12/21

25 lbs Lost

Yes! I was sleeved on Dec 6, and I have lost 32 lbs. Just this week, I lost 4 pounds by adding small bites of carbs, it is the weirdest thing! We went to restaurants twice this week. One night, I had seafood canneloni (seafood in thin pasta) with glass of wine, next morning I was down a full pound! Two nights later, out with friends and I had two pomegranate margaritas, next morning, I was down another pound! I have been very adherent and compliant, but this is the most weight I've lost in a week since right after surgery, weird. I don't plan to derail my eating plan, but I am starting to believe that the body does respond to slight increase in calories/carbs from time to time. BTW, I'm in Baton Rouge :-)