Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

I was sleeved dec 4th

I had no preop diet

Day of surgery 327 lbs

Today Feb 11 268 lbs

I'm pumped.

Woo hoo, congratulations on an amazing job!

Lots of amazing progress here. I have lost 35 since surgery Dec. 19th and 53 since Sept. Would love to be up there with some of you with the big numbers but our bodies are all different and our starting size is a factor. I am still working on adjusting my food intake' date=' my dietician has me on 3-- 1/4 cup meals of Protein food a day and that is it. I was averaging 300 cal. and 30-40 grams of protein and have been having slow weight loss but most people are eating more than that when I polled on here and with other friends so I am trying to add more calories and protein. It is not easy because I sitll get really full very fast and have trouble getting any Protein Drinks down for some reason. So my plan to add a Protein Drink has not really happened regularly, I still haven't branched out to protein Snacks, kind of afraid to have snacks added in like I am going to go too far. My exercise is pretty good, I keep adding in more walking and more strenuous hills and hiking as well. Usually every day. I am considering joining a health club to get more types of exercise in.

I was at a Bariatric meeting and a surgeon other than my own was speaking, he was saying that getting into ketosis, eating mainly protein and fat, little or no carbs could help get the fat moving, has anyone done this?[/quote']

I am trying to get into ketosis daily so I can turn my body into a fat burning machine! I keep my carbs real low and mainly get them from protein drinks and supplements. (Under 30) and my protein real high 90-100. I have heard that your scale may not move fast, but if you measure yourself you are losing inches. Fat weighs less than muscle, so if you add cardio and weight lifting to the mix you burn even more! I will keep you posted on my results from this experiment.

Wow' date=' I'd go crazy on 300 calories a day! I'm supposed to have between 400-800 a day, but I've been averaging 600-800 lately. I'm finding the swelling is going down, things are starting to feel normal, and I'm actually a little hungry, or empty sometimes. Yesterday for the first time, I just felt so.....unsatisfied. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but even though I had eaten a snack and was not hungry, I just felt like I needed something. So, for dinner had a little higher fat and some carbs, and felt great after that. What a great feeling to be able to eat just a little, keep within my calories/protein requirements, and not lose control! I'm still learning this, but I'm starting to really like this sleeve![/quote']

I added a Zantac in the afternoon to keep from getting that in satisfied feeling.

Major accomplishment today, I measure every 2 weeks, and weigh weekly. My scale has not moved much, but I have lost 17.75 inches in 15 days! This means my body is burning stored fat and I am getting more muscle mass :-). Someone encouraged me to measure because I has been in a stall, I really appreciate that person. Cheers to a happy Saturday, about to get on the treadmill to keep burning.

Did my weekly weigh in this morning. I'm now down a total of 40 pounds since surgery on 12/5. I'm thrilled with my progress even though it's less weight lost than others who had surgery the same day. I'm so close to onederland I can taste it! I had to stop weighing myself every day because it was making me crazy. I'm leaving on vacation to Hawaii in less than a week weighing almost 50 pounds less than I did when we went last year. I even told my husband I would try paddleboarding this year because I feel so much more confident and I found the cutest navy and white striped swim shirt (and it's not plus sized!!). Glad to see all my fellow December sleevers losing pounds and inches!!

Gosh you are so very brave and upbeat! I pray everything works out for you very soon! Do they leave the stents in?

Seven pounds to onederland! I am down 50 lbs from my highest weight today! Not too bad for a few months work. I can eat what I like but tuna still doesn't work well. I am also not to fond of spicy and now I really don't like it. sweet not so great either but I am figuring it out slowly! Hoping to be at 190 by Easter.

Wish me luck and good luck to all of you!

Found some good supplements! GNC has Calcium chews' date=' B12 chews and Omega chews that taste amazing! The be12 and omega taste like starburst. So when I have a sweet craving I take a supplement and I feel satisfied :-)[/quote']

Taking a b12 chew isnt going to work. The part of your stomach qhich produces intrinsic factor is gone so you arent able to absorb it. Youve gotta get sublingual.< /p>

Hey December Sleevers! I have to wallow for a few because it has easily been 3 weeks since I've lost ANY weight.. even an ounce! I'm now starting to find myself reverting back to old habits.. reaching for the unhealthy stuff because I'm frustrated and "not losing weight anyway so why bother eating healthy!"

Help!!! I'm tracking calories now to see if that's an issue and I have yet to make it past 1k (though I might today.. today was NOT pretty).

This is my exact experience! We are in the same page!

Taking a B12 chew isnt going to work. The part of your stomach qhich produces intrinsic factor is gone so you arent able to absorb it. Youve gotta get sublingual.< /p>

What's sublingual? Does it day something in the bottle?

I do B12 sublingual. It was specified to do it sublingual in my instructions...

What's sublingual? Does it day something in the bottle?

Sublingual means that you are supposed to put it under your tongue. It gets into your bloodstream faster. They are little, tiny pills. Although my NUT now has me on both a sublingual B-12 and B50, which is definitely NOT sublingual.

This is my exact experience! We are in the same page!

It happens. I hit a stall then boom 34 lbs down and tons of inches. sleeved dec 11th

So, I finally hit Onederland this past week and now weigh 195.

Highest weight was this past summer at 277. Surgery date (12/10/12) was 235. Down 40 pounds since surgery and 82 total lost.

I no longer have any hunger feelings at all, it's so weird to have to remind myself to eat. I'm having a hard time getting over 400 calories lately. Working on that and getting my liquids in has been where I'm focusing.