Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Coming up on two months next week. Best decision of my LIFE. Down from a 22 to a 16 Hoping to hit 25lbs lost since surgery before my 2 month date. I am just a few lbs away from 50lbs down overall. Dating a nice guy now... can climb stairs without pain, lots less back pain.

Life is really good, only going to get better!

So it's 4 days past my 2 month mark & finally hit 25lbs down :)

Hoping to drop another 25 in next 2 months, started gym again & did Latin heat last night, so fun

I had my first stall last week. Tuesday was "fat Tuesday" so I had a Paczki (poonchki). For those of you that don't know, this is a jelly or creamed filled donut eaten before Lent. Traditional ones are made with prunes to clean you out I guess. Anyway I had a cream filled one. Didn't feel great that night. I had a little heartburn. It was my highest calorie day since surgery at 1100. But.... I lost 3 lbs this week! So I guess the extra calories jump started things a little. Back to my usual 800 calories.

Sorry guys I need to vent!!!! Sometimes I really don't think my partner thinks about how what she does affects me I know "I" am the one thaat got this surgery I am also aware that this was my choice but of all people my partner? i dont get it why would you deliberately bring foods around me you know I am weak for? I Know that the world is not going to stop living to please me and me weaknesses but for God sake in my own home/ car I should not be tortured! IJS! I was in such good spirits until she came around me with beef patties! Who does that? I am frustrated right now because all I want is a beef patty and I know I have come to far to allow a weak moment to get in my way, I am happy to say that it took a month for me to get over all the cravings and so on but for some reason today I am feeling SUPER WEAK and she started it! SMH I wont fall off track guys because I WANT THIS! Not to mention that I also know that once I reach goal I can have those foods in moderation and not feel the guilt behind them although I personally believe that once I get to goal those kinds of foods may be big turn offs for me! I'm sorry I just really needed to vent and get this off my chest I can assure you i will stay strong and on track I'm just so frustrated right now and talking to her is not an option. I think sometimes she needs to think before she act! SMH #BeefPattiesWIthCheeseOnMyMindHard! :huh:

I had my first stall last week. Tuesday was "fat Tuesday" so I had a Paczki (poonchki). For those of you that don't know' date=' this is a jelly or creamed filled donut eaten before Lent. Traditional ones are made with prunes to clean you out I guess. Anyway I had a cream filled one. Didn't feel great that night. I had a little heartburn. It was my highest calorie day since surgery at 1100. But.... I lost 3 lbs this week! So I guess the extra calories jump started things a little. Back to my usual 800 calories.[/quote']

I think moving our calories around and our intensity of exercise around is important. I had myself tested 4 years ago by a gym. They looked at my BMI, age, heart rate and my oxygen intake both working out on a treadmill and resting. They gave me a computerized workout. It went up and down and increased in intensity over the long run...So, there were days when they wanted me to keep my heart rate low (110-120) and other days when they wanted me to push it (150-160). This is actually optimal for the body. It's analogous to lifting weights. You do 3 reps of say 5 lbs. You don't do the same part of the body the next day. You rest and then you do it over again two days later and when you are ready, you move up to 3 reps of 10 lbs, etc. So, I think the same is true for calories. If we mostly keep it low (600-800), going high (1000-1200) every once in a while stirs things up...and not necessarily in a bad way.

Sorry guys I need to vent!!!! Sometimes I really don't think my partner thinks about how what she does affects me I know "I" am the one thaat got this surgery I am also aware that this was my choice but of all people my partner? i dont get it why would you deliberately bring foods around me you know I am weak for? I Know that the world is not going to stop living to please me and me weaknesses but for God sake in my own home/ car I should not be tortured! IJS! I was in such good spirits until she came around me with beef patties! Who does that? I am frustrated right now because all I want is a beef patty and I know I have come to far to allow a weak moment to get in my way' date=' I am happy to say that it took a month for me to get over all the cravings and so on but for some reason today I am feeling SUPER WEAK and she started it! SMH I wont fall off track guys because I WANT THIS! Not to mention that I also know that once I reach goal I can have those foods in moderation and not feel the guilt behind them although I personally believe that once I get to goal those kinds of foods may be big turn offs for me! I'm sorry I just really needed to vent and get this off my chest I can assure you i will stay strong and on track I'm just so frustrated right now and talking to her is not an option. I think sometimes she needs to think before she act! SMH #BeefPattiesWIthCheeseOnMyMindHard! :huh:[/quote']

My husband promised my surgeon that he would stop eating in front of the TV for my sake (as well as his). Do you think that behavior has stopped??? I think overall, my husband is supportive, but sometimes he is just clueless. Fortunately, I do the grocery shopping so I try to keep the most tempting stuff out of the house.

My husband promised my surgeon that he would stop eating in front of the TV for my sake (as well as his). Do you think that behavior has stopped??? I think overall, my husband is supportive, but sometimes he is just clueless. Fortunately, I do the grocery shopping so I try to keep the most tempting stuff out of the house.

Lol you are to funny, Thank you for the laugh I really needed it, lol @(for as well as his) Now that made me laugh Ha ha ha, Because in the car I was cursing up a storm about how inconsiderate she was for bringing it in and not at least covering it or wrapping it in foil to at least try to hide the smell i had to drive with the window open all the way home, SMH and I still smelled it from time to time I couldn't wait for her to get out of our car! Just rude I swear! 9x out of 10 I dont mind if she eats around me because i am usually already full so i know I couldn't eat if I wanted to but it was 3 and my last meal was at 1 i was no where near full anymore I was in drinking Water mode!

Undercover: I completely understand all of that. My boyfriend eats potato chips in front of me. He weighs 175 and is 6'1" so a far cry from my issues. I don't think it's in malice, they just have their habits too. We drew the short straws in our bodies ability to metabolize those high calorie foods. I "cheat" on occasion because I think I'll go crazy if I try to live like a monk. I just make sure the cheating isn't crazy choices. Or I'll have a bite to satisfy my desire. I've lost 50 pounds since surgery on Dec 3. It could be more I suppose but I'm still very pleased with my results. Just don't let the bastards and b*****s of the world get ya down is what I live by. :)

Undercover: I completely understand all of that. My boyfriend eats potato chips in front of me. He weighs 175 and is 6'1" so a far cry from my issues. I don't think it's in malice, they just have their habits too. We drew the short straws in our bodies ability to metabolize those high calorie foods. I "cheat" on occasion because I think I'll go crazy if I try to live like a monk. I just make sure the cheating isn't crazy choices. Or I'll have a bite to satisfy my desire. I've lost 50 pounds since surgery on Dec 3. It could be more I suppose but I'm still very pleased with my results. Just don't let the bastards and b*****s of the world get ya down is what I live by. :)

Trust me girl I hear you but some days are harder then others and SHE KNOWS I love me some Beef patties and its a big NO NO for me because for one we are supposed to be retraining our bodies and minds and changing our frame of minds that got us here in the first place, I mean I have had weak moments but nothing wild and crazy and I think I can count on one hand those moments and I just love the results I get when I stay on track so I DONT WANT to fall off not even for a day I want to hit those hundreds girl I have not seen hundreds since the 90's lol sad i know but its the truth. So until I at least reach the Hundreds I do not want to treat myself to anything but working out and healthy living then we can go get a treat wink wink lol

It's nice to have support on here. Other than my doctors, I can count on one hand how many people know what I weigh. There's no judgment on here about that. It's such a blessing that no matter what, we have this safe place to go to for advice, to vent or support. I have the option of going to a support group here in Louisville once a month but it's difficult to break away from everyday life to do that sometimes. Thank you all for being a shoulder or an ear when I need it.

Hey December Sleevers! I have to wallow for a few because it has easily been 3 weeks since I've lost ANY weight.. even an ounce! I'm now starting to find myself reverting back to old habits.. reaching for the unhealthy stuff because I'm frustrated and "not losing weight anyway so why bother eating healthy!"

Help!!! I'm tracking calories now to see if that's an issue and I have yet to make it past 1k (though I might today.. today was NOT pretty).

Hey December Sleevers! I have to wallow for a few because it has easily been 3 weeks since I've lost ANY weight.. even an ounce! I'm now starting to find myself reverting back to old habits.. reaching for the unhealthy stuff because I'm frustrated and "not losing weight anyway so why bother eating healthy!"

Help!!! I'm tracking calories now to see if that's an issue and I have yet to make it past 1k (though I might today.. today was NOT pretty).

Love I went through a 3 week stall myself it was VERY FRUSTRATING! Please don't destroy your surgery due to frustration I can tell you now I UNDERSTAND how you feel I really do but the scale WILL MOVE AGAIN but don't hurt your progress when in a stall your body needs time to adjust to the new environment you have now given it shifting this and it can also go it to protective mode for a few weeks but it will adjust to your new lifestyle and react once again. But if you give up and Sabotage your already put in hard work YOU ONLY HURT YOURSELF I promise you if you stick with it the scale will move again and you will see results but whatever you do DONT hurt your progress by feeding your body NO NO FOODS! I believe in you I need you to believe in you too! YES YOU CAN! I hope you break your stall soon and get out of this funk I really do. Please be strong you can do it! Go team go!

I was on a two week stall, and it is maddening! You just have to wonder how you can eat so little and not lose. And then you remember, that you can't eat so little and not lose, you just have to give it time. I just think your body needs to readjust, or catch up, or redistribute, or it's trying to stabilize when that happens. It was my first stall since surgery, and it was a weight my body ALWAYS plateaued at before. The scale did move finally yesterday and today, and I'm hoping it continues. For me, it's the difference between pre surgery and post - before I would have just quit. Now I have too much time and effort invested....and my sleeve won't really let me quit anyway. Hang in there, and look at some of the vets threads on this for inspiration :)

I have hit a few days where there was no weight loss. Mostly because my body is going through so many changes. I have read all of the posts on what people are doing as far as counting this and that. I have to be honest I'm not counting anything. I eat whatever I want and am learning what my sleeve likes and dislikes. I have never taken in more that 600 calories in whatever I have eaten because my sleeve will hold very little. I am down almost 70 lbs since Dec 5th. I worry about losing to fast because of losing muscle mass. Don't get discouraged and don't gorge yourself and you'll be fine. Try eating some foods that are higher in calories but not higher in carbs. You'll see that your body is adjusting to your sleeve.

Good luck!

I finally saw some results in the mirror today after losing 50 pounds total. I saw a neck, legs and not nearly as much rear end as there used to be! I seem to be losing slowly right now. My surgeon said to cut out the Protein Shakes and get my Protein from food so I am trying that. I was released to start the gym next week; maybe that will also help. I have to admit I am afraid of the gym since I have NEVER been an exercise person, even when I was a teenager. We'll see how this goes...must do it!