Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Just had my 6 week post op checkup yesterday. Down 72 pounds since surgery

OMG!! 72 lbs! You must be walking on cloud nine. Congratulations!

How do I get my Protein in without the carbs?

I was sleeved 12/17. Down 33 lbs. still losing 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. No stall yet but I also only weigh myself once weekly to keep from going crazy. I eat about 800 cal per day and 60 to 70 grams of Protein. Still having trouble getting all my Water in. Last night went to Zumba and easily drank a water bottle over the hour long class. I guess more exercise is the solution.

I had a couple days where I felt hungry. I had discontinued my Prilosec at my 6 week post op visit. I had a hungry feeling and a couple of wake me up in the middle of the night heartburn episodes. So I started taking it again. Amazing no more nightly episodes and no hunger.

And I pray I make it to goal lol... Still seems surreal that I can???

Yes my stall broke a few days ago after i pouted about it on here lol its as though my body heard me lol i taken of a pound and half every day since and I am eating too and drinking too its just i changed up what i was doing, I have read that whatever changes you make give it 2-3 days to see progress i saw it the very next day * thank God* You will be fine love just don't give up thats what everyone told me and i listen and long behold the scale moved again.. it will happen..

OMG!! 72 lbs! You must be walking on cloud nine. Congratulations!

Yes it feels so great.

Do you have trouble with Protein Shakes? I make one every morning -- it takes literally 1-2 minutes - and it's delicious. I get 30 grams of Protein right off the bat! If I start with a shake I can get to my goal of 70 grams really easily. I also get uncomfortable with almost all dense protein' date=' although a baked piece of softer fish goes down pretty easily. I can also handle scrambled egg whites really well -- low low calories and lots of protein. Most everything else that is not on the soft side feels like I swallowed a brick within 2 bites.... and yes, it does take the joy out of eating... which for me, might not be a bad thing! :)

~Dana[/quote']

I don't like the powdered protein mixes. I can drink Isopure and that Protein Drink (premixed) from costco. I also make a shake from Greek yogurt and skim milk many mornings. However, I got the impression from my surgeon's NUT that I am supposed to move away from shakes and eat my protein from regular food. I am having trouble with that. I hate the "brick" feeling.

Went to the "live" support group tonight. The NUT there has been a bariatric NUT for 25 years and she does NOT think that protein is as important as the current trend makes it seem. She says the 60-70 g. target is based on a man of a certain height and is NOT a one size fits all (meaning not necessarily what I need as a woman who is only 5'3 1/2")... I think for all of us the journey is really very individualistic. What works for one may not work for another. I was kind of hoping for something more standardized, but it isn't going to be that way.

So far so good this week. Looks like about a pound a day. Hoping it keeps going. On three small meals a day and one mid day snack, granola bar or Protein Bar. The only issue I have had with food is tuna. That does not settle well. Other than that no problems so far. My goal is to start moving more next week. I am now at a weight that I can move the way I want and can start to work out.

I had a problem with eating tuna also but I find if I mix it with salmon, add an egg, seasonings, dried onion and a little bit of Protein Powder & panko bread crumbs, I can "fry" it in Pam and it comes out like a salmon patty but still gets in some tuna. It seems to settle really well that way.

I'm eight weeks out tomorrow and down 32# I tried a small tenderloin steak yesterday for the first time, what a relief that my tummy liked it. Just in time as I was getting burned out on shakes to get in my Protein. My routine is a Protein Shake blended with 1.5 cups of spinach, 1/4 banana and PB2 for Breakfast, fish, yogurt or cottage cheese for lunch, cheese stick, am salad or PB cracker snack, and various dinner. I've been averaging 60 grams protein but yesterday got 91. Still finding it difficult to get in all my Water though.

Tried something new and dropped 4 pounds in a day! I took my Prilosec in the morning and a Zantac 150 in the afternoon and felt no hunger all day. I wasn't able to reach my Protein goal, but did very well. When I went to GNC to purchase more Protein Shakes they gave me samples of ripped freak, which I am trying today. They are supposed to help burn fat. So far I have a big energy boost. I only have a week to cut at least 8 pounds to reach one of my doctors goals so I sure hope it helps :-)

I can't imagine losing a pound a day. If it didn't happen immediately after surgery, I just don' think it's going to happen. It's taken 7 weeks to get 20 lbs off and I met a guy last night (at the in-person support group) who lost 20 lbs in one week. Such different results from the same procedure.

Its nice to see everyone is doing okay I love good news I also been loosing a pound a day since Monday after a 3 week stall I love it and I hope it continues I really don't want to loose the weight that fast due to the possibility of loose skin but the faster I see the hundreds the better I am almost at my half way marker thats when i will be happy. still don't see much of a change when I look in the mirror but I see it when I put on my clothes. maybe in another 10 pounds I will see the mirror effects lol

I have a hard time seeing it in the mirror as well, but my clothes are really lose! I will take that as a major win! :-)

I got in a pair of size 18 pants tonight after being in size 22...almost 24...this past year. The weird thing is that my size 22 clothes are loose, but not "falling off" me, so I think that's part of my problem. I don't feel like it is wildly obvious that I have lost 40 lbs since last August (20 since surgery in December)...