Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

I want to start running but was not given the ok by my doc they said 6 weeks post op I can then start working out. :/

I was sleeved on the 17th. I have lost about 12 lbs and I have been working out on elliptical machines since January 3rd. I average about 4 miles. I am anxious to speak with my nutritionist, but it doesn't happen until January 31st.

I was sleeved on 12/11 and I was just oked to start working out last week. So far my doc just wants me to do 15min on the eliptical and 15 on the stationary bike 3 times a week. but I also walk a mile every day. He say I mainly have to focus on keeping up my heart rate rather than distance.

I was sleeved on the 17th. I have lost about 12 lbs and I have been working out on elliptical machines since January 3rd. I average about 4 miles. I am anxious to speak with my nutritionist, but it doesn't happen until January 31st.

I was sleeved on 12/11 and I was just oked to start working out last week. So far my doc just wants me to do 15min on the eliptical and 15 on the stationary bike 3 times a week. but I also walk a mile every day. He say I mainly have to focus on keeping up my heart rate rather than distance.

I was sleeved on 12/19/12 so far have lost 26lbs. woo hoo!!! Been a long long time since I weighed 260.

I haven't had coffee since surgery either and I loved it before, though with cream and I don't like the thought of it without so I may not do coffee yet. But I will try adding even more Water until I am floating and see how that goes.

I let myself have either a little cheese on my eggs or a little heavy cream in my coffee in the morning. A little fat wont hurt. May even help.

But yes, I saw the same thing with output vs pre surgery and if I'm right, the faster you get enough water in you that your body doesn't want to retain any more, the faster that fat loss should start showing up on the scale. Thats my half brained theory anyway.

I let myself have either a little cheese on my eggs or a little heavy cream in my coffee in the morning. A little fat wont hurt. May even help.

But yes, I saw the same thing with output vs pre surgery and if I'm right, the faster you get enough Water in you that your body doesn't want to retain any more, the faster that fat loss should start showing up on the scale. Thats my half brained theory anyway.

I agree with you I was in a stall up until i started forcing my Fluid intake to a gallon a day and I was on 5 meals a day and changed it to 4 or well 3 and a snack now instead of 4 and a snack (yogurt) my point is change what your doing to see what works if your eating oatmeal every morning change that if your eating heavy at night try the snack (yogurt apple sauce fat free pudding) last instead of in the middle of the day I also added spinach to my food so instead of eating all 4 oz of fish I do 2 ox of fish and 2 of spinach and not to be nasty but it also changed my bowel movements from every other 2 or 3 to 1 to 2x a day.. this works for me it may not work for you test your body try new things out for 3 days at a time look for change and if not try another method something will give.

Sleeved 12/20 - down 28 pounds....seems slow to me.... but I don't weigh myself everyday.....doctor has approved starting exercise on treadmill next week!!

Good luck to everyone and a very happy and healthy 2013 to all of us!

I need advice for Water intake too. I manage a men's clothing store and I'm constantly on the floor helping customers. I'm low on Iron (31) and was told to up that dosage to 2 times a day. The low iron has made me tired and I'm supposed to work 6 hour shifts but getting everything accomplished in that time frame is a challenge. Yesterday, I worked 9 + hours because we were busy. I know I don't drink enough water but between work, not drinking 30 min before eating and 1 hour after, I feel like it's impossible. I knew before surgery this would be hard. I was sleeved on Dec 3 and have lost 36 but am at a 2 week stall. Calorie intake is maybe 500-600 a day. Getting Protein in at required 70g is challenging too. I feel like my job is holding back progress. The stall began the week after returning to work but I gotta pay bills. So frustrating!!!

I might need spinach! Bowel are a big problem here! :(

I brought 4 oz bowels (rubber maid) and i fill one half up with fish and the other half of spinach i eat one baby spoon of fish followed by one of spinach so once i reach my limit i know I had 50/50 for that meal i do oatmeal for Breakfast (sugar free apple by associate's) made with almond milk and a little land o lakes butter and a splenda for lunch 50/50 fish/ spinach followed by my snack of 3-4 oz of light and fit Greek Yogurt and for dinner again either tuna of the 50/50 fish/spinach meal again and dont forget the gallon of Water I also treat myself to peppermint tea with lemon at night if I get all my fluids in early I use lemon juice it 0 calories for it so no big deal. Before that I was doing chili and all sorts of thicker heavier foods that just seem to stick the scale. Within 2 days 4 lbs fell off.. And yes my body goes EVERY day now unlike before.. Before It was 2-3 days apart from each other.. and yes its canned spinach not fresh and no I don't care about sodium its to small of an amount to stress plus I flush it out with all that water.. If you like the above menu try it and let me know that your scale moved and that your body is going on a regular now and i will say see change is good lol. I wish you luck.

I need advice for Water intake too. I manage a men's clothing store and I'm constantly on the floor helping customers. I'm low on Iron (31) and was told to up that dosage to 2 times a day. The low iron has made me tired and I'm supposed to work 6 hour shifts but getting everything accomplished in that time frame is a challenge. Yesterday, I worked 9 + hours because we were busy. I know I don't drink enough water but between work, not drinking 30 min before eating and 1 hour after, I feel like it's impossible. I knew before surgery this would be hard. I was sleeved on Dec 3 and have lost 36 but am at a 2 week stall. Calorie intake is maybe 500-600 a day. Getting Protein in at required 70g is challenging too. I feel like my job is holding back progress. The stall began the week after returning to work but I gotta pay bills. So frustrating!!!

I fear my return to work also there is no way I can do a Gallon of water while at work 1/2 but not a whole I just cant get freed like that at work. However I will run home at the end of my tour and take the rest of that night to drink drink drink its easier if the water is room temperature it will pass your sleeve faster you have to work around those situations the best you can trust its important for you to get that water in... Besides dehydration factors it helps flush all the fat and toxins from your body.. You will find a way when you see how that change has broken the stall. I wish you luck..

Check out this video on YouTube:

Enjoyed your video. Think it will be helpful to people exploring this kind of surgery. Some differences between us:

* I didn't have a drain, so I think my healing has been going faster. I understand why some surgeons prefer them...especially those working with clients from other countries, but there are other ways to check for leaks besides having a drain.

* The diet given by my doctor was as follows: 2 weeks of full liquids and purees that could be theoretically drunk through a straw (although we were told NO STRAWS), followed by two weeks of normal purees and "smooth" foods. By week five, if there aren't any complications, we are allowed to eat anything...even though I don't. Like you, I think seafood is easier to tolerate than other kinds of meat. I like tofu but for some reason I haven't had any. I have eaten red meat and chicken, but it's harder going down.

* I use a fitbit to monitor my activity. It is a pedometer, but interacts with my computer and I can log food online and stuff like that.

* My weight loss has been slow. I haven't even hit 20 lbs (post-surgery) off, yet. But, I am walking 4-5 miles at least five times a week and I am eating around 600-800 calories a day.

* I was sleeved on the 17th. I am a mom. Christmas was harder for me than for you. I needed to make things that my family would enjoy and I was on this joyless diet. I didn't bake, either, and that is an activity that I missed.

Thanks for your video! Keep up the good work!

Check out this video on YouTube:

I love it I subscribed I may be UNDERCOVER by I am a YouTube Fan so I may not comment but I will be watching my sleeve date was 12/6/12 If you know who I am please do not say anything about sleeve in my YouTube I don't want the world knowing I was sleeved but I looked forward to seeing your videos. Good job on the weight Loss!