Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The crotch is always the first to go

So, my thighs constantly rub together and burn holes in my jeans. I was wondering for those who are post op- at what point did you notice your thighs stopped rubbing together? Is this even a reality or just a pipe dream?

I am about 7 weeks post op and down about 30 pounds. But I have yet not notice any difference in rubbage.

So, my thighs constantly rub together and burn holes in my jeans. I was wondering for those who are post op- at what point did you notice your thighs stopped rubbing together? Is this even a reality or just a pipe dream?

I am about 7 weeks post op and down about 30 pounds. But I have yet not notice any difference in rubbage.

Still pre-op, but I so hope this can be a reality. I can't tell you how many pair of jeans my thigh's have worn out. :-(

I'm down 35 pounds. I notice now that my thighs rub but there is no more discoloration and my hair is growing back. That's crazy. And TMI. Sorry!

OMG - so funny! I needed this tonight! My besties and I refer to these situations as a "blow out".

When you find out a size/weight when this stops...let me know....I would like to add this as a "goal" on my post-op road to thin. Ha ha!

I think it depends alot on how you carry your weight. My inner thighs are the horror zone...lol. I am very close to goal and yet they touch still. I look good in jeans, but nekkid - icky.

I have a plastic surgeon consult and intend to ask some very specific questions - like what will take for me to not have my thighs touch!

My thighs stopped touching a long way before I reached near goal, and I have always had big thighs. I'm sure it depends on your stature and genetics as to when it will happen in your journey. Still, I have been glowing for onths every time I walk a long distance and here the silence of unrubbing thighs.

This is funny because yesterday when I was walking to the mailbox I noticed I didn't hear the long swishing sounds of my thighs rubbing together anymore. The sounds are still there but they have become short quick little swishes because they don't touch as long or as hard. I was overjoyed at the little victory I felt over it. I believe my thighs will always touch some just the way I am built, even when I was 115 lbs I didn't have the gap of sunshine shining between my thighs like some women do lol

OMG - so funny! I needed this tonight! My besties and I refer to these situations as a "blow out".

When you find out a size/weight when this stops...let me know....I would like to add this as a "goal" on my post-op road to thin. Ha ha!

Ha! We call it "chub rub"! I don't know when I stopped blowing out my crotches, but it did happen. All of my jeans are in tact! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Lol! I'm glad there is hope for the future. I'm excited for the day when I stop having chub rub ;)

even when I was 115 lbs I didn't have the gap of sunshine shining between my thighs like some women do lol

This made me laugh...no gap of sunshine here either, ever! Really hard to weed the garden in the dark too! :lol:

@ yay for me: I was actually just talking to my boss about having VSG the other day and she asked me if I've started to make a Goals or a what I want to change 1st list and I told her "I want to lose enough weight to be able to wear a pair of corduroy pants and not start a fire between my legs when I walk" and we laughed so hard she was crying almost pee'd her pant's and I couldn't believe what I had just said out loud, we work at a clothing store and currently have some corduroy pants and we just crack up every time we see them now.

I am really hoping that one day after surgery my dream of corduroy pants will come true.......LOL :}~

Funny thing is I noticed a few weeks ago that my thighs weren't rubbing together anymore when I walk. If you're looking for a precise size, for me it was size 14, under 196 lbs. I've always had big thighs, my main form of exercise now is walking and cycling. I guess those miles under my sneakers are paying off.

This is funny because yesterday when I was walking to the mailbox I noticed I didn't hear the long swishing sounds of my thighs rubbing together anymore. The sounds are still there but they have become short quick little swishes because they don't touch as long or as hard. I was overjoyed at the little victory I felt over it. I believe my thighs will always touch some just the way I am built' date=' even when I was 115 lbs I didn't have the gap of sunshine shining between my thighs like some women do lol[/quote']

Gap of sunshine ! OMG I love it.