Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is very personal, but I am 7 months post op and although my wt loss is great, my sex life is not. I have pain during intercourse & extreme cramping after. Has anyone else had this problem post sleeve?

Your stomach is no where near your VA-JAY-JAY. I suggest that you go see your gynocologist.

Happy New Year!!

Try alot of lubrication and foreplay.... you may not be completely aroused and have some dryness so I suggest astroglide. :)

Lizzy, non of us are qualified to make an Internet diagnosis, the only real way to find out why you are experiencing pain during sex is to consult with your OB/GYN. There are any number of reasons for your discomfort and a trained professional is the only person that is capable of making a diagnosis. Good luck!

I was not looking for a diagnosis, just support from other sleevers that may have experienced negative changes in their sex life due to pain. Before being sleeved I never had low abdominal cramps after sex & wondered if I was alone or not. It's not a lube problem or misunderstanding of my anatomy. I have an apt made to see a doctor. Doctor's aren't your support group though, here was supposed to be that.

Lizzy I have not had post op sex yet, but I feel you! After my baby they sewed me up too tight! Never fun, I hope they figure it out soon!

Lizzy ~ this is a supportive site, some people just want to make sure that the OP's are aware that it is important ti get medical tx whenever needed. Please don't hesitate to ask and keep in mind that we care a lot about you and sometimes forget that you know that you are aware of the need for medical advice and already have an appointment with a doc. Please ask and don't hesitate. :)

Well, so long as you'll see your doc to make sure it's nothing else, I'll contribute to give you my experience.

I admit that that while it doesn't make logical sense, YES, I have noticed that things aren't as comfortable as they used to be prior. I suffer from endometriosis that has improved dramatically with my weight loss but still find that things aren't as, shall we say, roomy as before. I chalk it all up to the fact that our bodies just fit together differently now that I'm skin and bones. There's not four to six inches of padding everywhere on my body, making contact more difficult.

But yes, there was an adjustment period for me, too, though now I'd say that what we really needed was to just re-learn my body after goal weight and adjust. Eh, we were falling into a rut, anyway. ;)

Actual pain is always something to be very concerned about, though. I'm talking about mild discomfort that would ruin the mood for me, not serious pain.

Get in to the doc, of course, because it could be anything. But I don't think you're the first person to ask this. I think there was a thread in the powder Room about this about a year ago where several of us discussed the changes we'd experienced post op.

~Cheri

I was not looking for a diagnosis, just support from other sleevers that may have experienced negative changes in their sex life due to pain. Before being sleeved I never had low abdominal cramps after sex & wondered if I was alone or not. It's not a lube problem or misunderstanding of my anatomy. I have an apt made to see a doctor. Doctor's aren't your support group though, here was supposed to be that.

Wow!! I know this is a support site, I was only trying to make sure you consulted with your physician as many post on the site rather than getting checked out. I do hope you find the answer you are looking for.

I have always had pain during intercourse. It's still awesome..but it's lower abdominal pain. I haven't had sex yet but I'm sure I'll still experience the same pain.

I'm thankful for the support here. It's amazing how many aspects of our lives weight gain & weight loss effects. You'd think with a hundred pounds gone everything would be great, but there are still challenges everyday, just different ones. Happy New Year everyone.