Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did u wait to eat pizza?

I had part of one piece of thin crust cheese pizza at around 10 weeks. I mostly ate the cheese and it was not nearly as good as it was before.

I was eating reg food at 3 wks. Doc originally said 4 but I was tolerating things so well so I did it just chewed a lot. I eat pizza but try to get lean stuff and veggies or at least some meat. I eat the topping first and Mabye a bite or 2 of bread and I'm full but I do love my pizza! Can't remember only eating Part of one slice!

I had a bite at around 6-7 weeks... it was good but extremely filling and I didn't get much satisfaction from it. It was a craving that I wanted to satisfy and one bite did it. I keep a bag of Totino pizza rolls in my freezer so if I get a craving again (which isn't often) I will just pop a few in the oven and I enjoy my pizza!

Perfect size snack and I don't feel like I have to give up my favorite foods.. All in moderation! :)

pizza has been my one food that I can't eat. I tried it at about 6 weeks out and woke up in the middle of the night with this pain all over my stomach and chest...My husband, who is a nurse, said it was probably my gall bladder starting to go bad...Yay! And then...I was stupid for some reason and totally forgot about this episode or something and tried pizza a couple weeks later...Again I woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain all over. I will never eat pizza again! I don't care if I am 2 years out and my gall bladder is gone; that pain is not worth it!

My dietician told me to stay away from pizza because of the dough, but she said I can eat the toppings (cheese and sauce). However I'm thinking thin crust would be okay once time has elapsed. I was looking for pizza alternatives recently and I came across this recipe that I can't wait to try in a few weeks!

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

At one year out I still do not eat the Pizza Crust. I eat the topping off 1 piece and have a bite of the hard toasty part of the crust. I don't eat the doughy part. White flour breads/doughs are not on my menu.

This is cool if you are interested. I bought the ingredients to make it and will do it sometime this week. I found it on Pinterest and the photos look so delicious!

Cauliflower Crust

Makes 4 individual pizzas

2 eggs

2 cups mozzarella cheese

2 cups riced cauliflower (grate the cauliflower on a cheese grater)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup fresh julienned basil

pizza Toppings

1 cup marinara sauce (1/4 cup per pizza)

1 zucchini, thinly sliced

1 yellow zucchini, thinly sliced

1/2 white onion, thinly sliced

Basil Ricotta (recipe below)

The recipe directions are here:

http://www.fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.com/2011/06/basil-cauliflower-pizza/

I had pizza last night. I took a whole wheat pita (70 cals) marinara sauce, and refuced fat mozzarella, and melted it in the oven. Ate the topping and two bites of the pita crust and i was done. :)

I am with cattracks, I still dont eat the crust. I pull off the toppings and have a bite of the edge of the crust....satisfied!

You can also make your own pizza using a baked whole wheat tortilla for the "crust," Then add sauce and toppings. It's the easiest thing and a great way to use leftovers.

I have not yet had pizza, or fast food of any kind. I let myself have some Pasta and realized it was a mistake...I crave savory carbs just too much. Getting back to a type of eating I used to do...one or two things at a time, no sauces (mostly). I have color and texture and taste, so I am good. It seems like an extreme decison, but I have read alot about how our body imprints and remembers carbs and bad fats, and you re trigger that craving often without realizing it.

Thanks for the posts.. I had 3/4 slice of papa johns thin crust pizza today and it went down with no problems. I was full for hrs...

My dietician told me to stay away from pizza because of the dough' date=' but she said I can eat the toppings (cheese and sauce). However I'm thinking thin crust would be okay once time has elapsed. I was looking for pizza alternatives recently and I came across this recipe that I can't wait to try in a few weeks!

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html[/quote']

Love the cauliflower Pizza Crust. Yummy to scoop it into mini muffin tins and bake as cauliflower bites.