Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you do it again?

I am 26 days out. To be honest if I had not had the surgery and knew everything I do now.... No I would not.

I could not risk leaving my daughter with out a mom.

I would not risk losing the years I do have to gain some I may never see anyway.

I would not risk burying my family in medical debt.

I a m not saying this surgery is not necasary for some or that each individuals should not have the right to choose I am speaking only for me.

All of that being said I now find myself sleeved and I will make the most of it and brace myself for the finical onslaught of medical bills that will soon be flooding in.

Yup! I would do it again in a freaking heartbeat. Best. Decision. Ever. For. Me.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

When I look at myself and what I accomplish weight wise I would say YES!! But when I sit and think about cutting out a part of my that was normal and nothing wrong with it' date=' not knowing the long term effects, all the Vitamin and constant Protein and also the complication that iggy has I deeply regret it to a point where I'm terrified about my future.[/quote']

What do you think could happen long term? I work with abdominal surgeons and asked the same thing. They look at me and say " what could happen! We have been doing this for decades, its called stomach resection! We do it on cancer patients and this is even more simple than that! ". They assure me that the risks of the surgery are so minute compared to those of obesity. Its proven. Im pre op and nervous as hell, but i know that this will work. It is the fear of the unknown that haunts us. I think if all goes well with your recovery, the quality of the days you have will be better than those in the obese state. Trusting my body to science. Ahh! Good luck and keep yourself positive. :)

yes.....no doubt in my mind. My quality of life, my enjoyment of life, I feel like a new person. I'm 18 months out. I've never regreted it Best investment i've ever made also.

Just wondering? Did everyone's surgeons tell about the risks of this surgery? The first time I went to my surgeon he told me that 3 people in 100 would get a leak. That if I got a leak I would be extremely ill and possibly die. He also explained that 1 person in 100 would die whilst having this surgery. Prior to surgery I had to sign a form to say I had been explained all the risks. This is law in Australia. Is it that way it is in America. There just seems to be a lot of people on here who just didn't realize that there were risks involved with this surgery.

Yes, we definitely have this it is called informed consent... the problem is when people hear what they want to hear and have a "it will never happen to me" attitude. (And thankfully it won't to most)

I completely agree...I was able to go back to work a week post op and my heart really does ache and go out to those who have had problems. I can only pray that they go away for them and dont happen to the rest of us! I am only 20 and knew my life would be short if I didnt make changes. Thank you for commenting, It really does help and mean a lot!

Hi Kaila,

Oh how I wish I would have had this option when I was 20. I cannot imagine how different my life would have been! I'm 49 now --- with so many regrets! BUT, I do have a second chance at the second half of my life and that is awesome.

Good Luck!!

Dana

No doubt! YES!!!! I want my husband to do it so bad! My dog could use it as well!!!

We just took our 3 dogs to the vet yesterday for their annual shots and all had gained a few pounds....we were laughing saying they needed a sleeve! :)

In a heartbeat! Love my sleeve!

I'm almost 4 months out and yes I would definitely do it again. 66 pounds gone and no complications. It wasn't the easiest for me right after surgery, but I would do it all over again!

I would do it again in a heartbeat................The absolute best decision I could have made for myself!!! I haven't weighed under 200 pounds in over 29 years!!!! Yahoo!!!

THE BEST THING!!!

Hi Kaila,

Oh how I wish I would have had this option when I was 20. I cannot imagine how different my life would have been! I'm 49 now --- with so many regrets! BUT, I do have a second chance at the second half of my life and that is awesome.

Good Luck!!

Dana

Doing this at 21 I think was the best option for me! A family friend said that she too wish she had this surgery at my age because her youth would've been so much better instead of having it later in life. I think her comment about it solidified my choice to have this surgery.

Luckily, only being 13 days post-op, I haven't had one of those moments where I thought: What did I do to myself? It's more like: oh man, I miss food and can't wait to get through this to get to soft healthy foods. I did have one day where I got really emotional, but it's passed. Only time will tell if I'm super happy with my choice!

Doing this at 21 I think was the best option for me! A family friend said that she too wish she had this surgery at my age because her youth would've been so much better instead of having it later in life. I think her comment about it solidified my choice to have this surgery.

Luckily, only being 13 days post-op, I haven't had one of those moments where I thought: What did I do to myself? It's more like: oh man, I miss food and can't wait to get through this to get to soft healthy foods. I did have one day where I got really emotional, but it's passed. Only time will tell if I'm super happy with my choice!

Hey Kaila

And a couple more things you have on your side because of your age ...you haven't had 30 years of bad eating habits ingrained in your psyche or 30 years of body set points that get higher higher sabotaging your attempts to lose weight.

As far as I'm concerned you have bee given an awesome gift!! So happy for you!

~Dana

i would not do it! i am miserable at 11 DPO. can't keep anything down except diluted juice. i am praying that a few months from now i will feel differently but at this moment in time i would not

My heart goes to you, I'm so sorry, sending healing prayers :(

Just wondering? Did everyone's surgeons tell about the risks of this surgery? The first time I went to my surgeon he told me that 3 people in 100 would get a leak. That if I got a leak I would be extremely ill and possibly die. He also explained that 1 person in 100 would die whilst having this surgery. Prior to surgery I had to sign a form to say I had been explained all the risks. This is law in Australia. Is it that way it is in America. There just seems to be a lot of people on here who just didn't realize that there were risks involved with this surgery.

My doctor didnt sit and said all this to me word by word, but he did give me a piece of paper and asked me to read it carefully where it explained hundreds of possible things that could go wrong. He gave me this paper a month before surgery, so that was a good thing. What I did was to write in another paper all the complication I've suffered from since obesity and my list was bigger and sadder because I realized on one hand there was a small chance of dying, but if I didn't do nothing I'd continue being dead because that is how I had spent my past 15 years.