Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 7 days post op and everything is going well. Incisions are healing well and still have glue on them but they are very itchy ( my whole stomach is itchy). Anyone else have this? Any remedies?

There can be two causes for this. The most likely is that your skin is healing. You have to remember that beneeth those small holes are larger areas that need to heal because they were pulled, stretched and damaged during the surgery by the tools that were in them. We can't see that so we tend to forget that they exist. For some this area around a wound can be quite large, depending on how hard the surgery was for the doctor. Your tummy is basically surrounded by wounds if your doctor used a four or five point approach, so this can feel like your whole abdomen is itching.

I used liquid benedryl (which is fine for about anyone) itch cream and it helped me out.

Until the itch got worse and worse....for me, I was facing the other kind of itch. If you have this itching and it is accompanied by weakness, sickness, pain, fever, chills, etc, meaning you don't feel fine except for the itch, you could be dealing with a leak which is sending poison into your body. The itch is a sign of toxic fluids within your body. I've experienced that twice. It tends to start where the fluids are concentrated then move throughout your body as the infection spreads. (Eclampsia does this as well to pregnant women). This does not sound like what you are experiencing :) That's a good thing!

So, if the itch is concentrated in the general area of your wounds (even out several inches from those) then get some cream and it will go away soon. It is a sign of healing...not a fun one, but a sign :) If the itch is spreading or can not be relieved with the cream, AND you have other symptoms, go to the ER right away and get a leak test.

I had severe itching and swelling all around my incisions...funny thing is for some reason the adhesive from the bandages gave me a severe dermatological reaction. Even though I had no reaction from surgery a few months prior.

Just give your dr a call and let them know what is going on and see what the recommend. I used antihistamines and benadryl cream. It cleared up after a week or two. I completely sympathize with you - hope you feel better soon.

That reaction to glue builds up in your system. I started out in the hospital able to handle the tape after a blood draw and within a week was red and inflamed if they carried the stuff in their purse! (ok not that bad but I was getting worried LOL)

I itched a few days, but it was from stomach incisions healing

I had blisters from the adhesive and when they healed there was massive itching. It was very hard not to scratch, but itching is sometimes part of the healing process.

I've noticed since surgery the tops of my hands itch like crazy all the time, but I haven't seen a doc about it. I had no leak issues, thank goodness. It doesn't hurt to ask the doc.

I have a slight mild reaction to both the tape they used with the bandages, and the steri-strips. My doc took those off today, and all I can think about is itching them! Although, three of my scars are healed! :3 only two are bad, the one from the camera, and the one where they took out the remaining of my stomach. It's unbelievably itchy though.