Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been on this site for 6 months and have read hundreds of post lamenting about not losing weight after surgery. I had surgery Friday 7am and have not really lost anything. I did not weigh when I got home because my husband hid the scale (!) because he was afraid I'd become obsessed with it, especially if I did not lose fast enough (uh, yep. Here I am posting about it). I begged him to bring it back and he relented. Well, what a letdown. Basically I am still the same as I was 5 days ago. I have not had real food/calories in 6 days (including 1.5 days clear liquid pre-op). I'm still in the clear liquid stage which is GETTING OLD VERY QUICK. I was able to tolerate Water, popsicles and crystal light just hours after surgery. Some docs don't even require a clear liquid phase or if they do it's very short. Anyhoo, back to the actual point of my post....

Has anyone NOT lost weight post-surgery while consuming almost zero calories on Clear liquids?

So at this point I'm hungry, tired of freakin Jello and broth AND have not lost a pound! Sounds like a cruel joke to me! :)

And of course, I am back to believing that See, I was right. I WILL be the only person on the planet that gastric sleeve did not work for! :)

~Dana

Did you do a pre-op diet? If so, how long and was it just liquids?

No, no pre-op diet. Doc just said don't gain. I just kept doing the same diet I had been doing -- low carb 1200 calories or so a day. I did cheat a bit before surgery -- the food funeral thing. I did Clear Liquids for 1.5 days before surgery.

GET RID OF THAT SCALE!! I had my DH hide yours and it's been such a relief. Don't get caught up in that number bc it really isn't the most important.

You WILL lose bc you're committed and YOU will rock the hell out if this sleeve!

I gained 5 pounds right after my surgery because of the fluids. This took a few days to resolve and then the pounds started coming off. I did hit a stall though at 2 weeks and now the weight loss is super slow.

Its hard to believe but it does come off. I also lost nothing and actually gained a pound in first few weeks but at 5 months I am 57 lbs down. Nit sure when it happened because it's slow but it DOES happen. Relax.

GET RID OF THAT SCALE!! I had my DH hide yours and it's been such a relief. Don't get caught up in that number bc it really isn't the most important.

You WILL lose bc you're committed and YOU will rock the hell out if this sleeve!

He didn't hide your scale, he hid ours! :P

I've noticed that sometimes even though the scale isn't moving, my clothes have loosened.

You have no idea how much you've lost. I came home from the hospital 15 pounds heavier. Took a few days to lose that back and break even. Don't get discouraged.

Hi Butter! Haven't seen you in awhile..... Thanks for the encouragement!

Im 5 days out Dana.. I have not weighed either.. I dont want the disappointment.. I dont want my life to be ruled by the scale.. my husband refused to buy one. I go for my first dr appt thurs. and I will weigh then... But like others have said they too didnt lose then all of a sudden bam! your body might need some time to adjust to what just happened.. it will happen... never saw anyone who didnt lose any weight at all.. and you had no post op diet either.. others here have had a week or 2 weeks of liquids... I had one week full liquid..and now on cl liq. until thurs.. then I get new foods. It will be ok.. dont let the scale rule... enjoy your new adventure... good luck to you.

Im 5 days out Dana.. I have not weighed either.. I dont want the disappointment.. I dont want my life to be ruled by the scale.. my husband refused to buy one. I go for my first dr appt thurs. and I will weigh then... But like others have said they too didnt lose then all of a sudden bam! your body might need some time to adjust to what just happened.. it will happen... never saw anyone who didnt lose any weight at all.. and you had no post op diet either.. others here have had a week or 2 weeks of liquids... I had one week full liquid..and now on cl liq. until thurs.. then I get new foods. It will be ok.. dont let the scale rule... enjoy your new adventure... good luck to you.

Thanks for the encouragement Nancy!

Hey...what are we, chopped liver?! ;)

Hey...what are we, chopped liver?! ;)

LOL!!! No no, I'm sorry! Thanks to all of you, and especially you... you know you're my favorite GeauxForIt! You look very pretty today!