Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

I just weighed myself, and, for what I am DETERMINED to be the LAST time, I just went from obese to overweight. The very very high end of overweight, but headed in a great direction due to this wonderful surgery. I am so grateful and so hopeful!

I just weighed myself, and, for what I am DETERMINED to be the LAST time, I just went from obese to overweight. The very very high end of overweight, but headed in a great direction due to this wonderful surgery. I am so grateful and so hopeful!

I feel robbed! I think they changed the BMI calculation. I had done the calculation before and it said 166 put me into over weight, and 138 put me into high normal.. When I put it into this system, it says I am still 30.4. Then, I checked a bunch of other BMI calculators, and it says 163 into over weight, and 136 into normal. : (

No worries, soon enough!

Is anyone else on a 3 week stall? I know its normal but frustrating

Is anyone else on a 3 week stall? I know its normal but frustrating

I've been stalled for over two weeks now. Not getting too upset over it. I figure my metabolism is just sitting on rock bottom right now and waiting to get "fired up" again. A friend told me it's like being thirsty and going to the desert to get a drink - there's nothing there to drink. Even though our bodies are looking for something to burn, with the small amount of calories, thre just isn't anything there. I meet with the nutritionist Monday and should get released to start incorporating "real" food into my meals. Oh how fun it will be to eat somthing not liquid or puree - food will actually LOOK like food :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

I feel robbed! I think they changed the BMI calculation. I had done the calculation before and it said 166 put me into over weight' date=' and 138 put me into high normal.. When I put it into this system, it says I am still 30.4. Then, I checked a bunch of other BMI calculators, and it says 163 into over weight, and 136 into normal. : (

No worries, soon enough![/quote']

It is still an achievement. I am struggling to just get to 12lbs off post surgery and I wasn't low BMI like you.

I am going back to work on Monday and i am excited because i will get out of the house and NOT think about food all day i hope! Im just wondering how my eating will be there. I will take my lunch but after i get less to no time for moving around. Im scared

I feel robbed! I think they changed the BMI calculation. I had done the calculation before and it said 166 put me into over weight' date=' and 138 put me into high normal.. When I put it into this system, it says I am still 30.4. Then, I checked a bunch of other BMI calculators, and it says 163 into over weight, and 136 into normal. : (

No worries, soon enough![/quote']

You'll drive yourself crazy if you pay attention to those things. Focus on getting down to size that's comfortable and healthy for you. That's all that really matters.

I am going back to work on Monday and i am excited because i will get out of the house and NOT think about food all day i hope! Im just wondering how my eating will be there. I will take my lunch but after i get less to no time for moving around. Im scared

Activity is a struggle for me as well. I'm trying to get up at least once an hour and do a lap or 2 around my business. Make excuses to get up and use the copier, or ask a co-worker a question, anything to get you out of your seat!

I went back to work last week and I work part time but do u guys find yourself still it is exhausting to do things ? I do hair and everytime I give a haircut I'm drained ! Does anyone else still have this?

I went back to work 16 days after surgery. I'm a nurse, and I'm exhausted at the end of the day.

Yes, I use milk (except in GNC bathroom). I tried the Unjury too. The closest I can come to being tolerable is Isopure which is not the best but I can drink it. I'm trying other ways but my tiny stomach only holds so much, lol. I wish I could find something unflavored that dissolves like Miralax, or better yet, a pill!

Have you tried the Protein mixes at Walmart? they're about 16-20 dollars for a 2lb tub. I've had the six star protein vanilla and i would mix that with coffee (or Decaf in our case) and it'd work just like a creamer! didn't even need to add any sugar! tasted great and didn't have a horrible taste.

i also just bought their Peanut Butter flavor, but it wasn't very peanut buttery, so i added a table spoon of PB and some flax seed and boom PB flavor galore. tastes pretty good and a nice change compared to the nectar chocolate truffle.

Depending on how much time you get for lunch, you should use at least half of it to walk around the building...inside or outside if possible. I just gave my husband a pedometer and just walking 15 minutes improves his "steps per day" immensely.

So, we are all almost done with week 3 (since week 4 is on Monday). Unlike many of you, I have been allowed to eat soft and pureed food for a while. A lot of people talk about not getting enough Protein and/or Water, but my problem is getting the 5 mini-meals/snacks. Fortunately, I can get my protein requirement by drinking an Isopure every day, but I don't think that is what my NUT is going to want. I just find it almost impossible to eat on time while parenting my kids. On Tuesday, I was doing the stuff I need to do to get the first two out the door. (They walk to school.) Then I made a scrambled egg and took it with me in the car because I had to get my daughter to preschool. I didn't really eat the whole egg until after I delivered her. By that time, another 45 minutes had elapsed and the egg was cold. I ate it anyway. Today, we had a birthday party. Because we were hosting the birthday party, I didn't have time to drink water. By the time I drank water and waited to eat lunch, lunch was close to 2PM. By 2PM, I am supposed to have a protein "snack." I just can't follow the plan given to me pre-surgery, because I am always taking care of other people.

I think this situation may apply to people who return to work, too...depending on their jobs. Obviously, some work is flexible and if you need to eat/drink, you will have time. But, I can imagine that other jobs (e.g. nurses, retail workers, etc.) may present the same problem that I am having as a SAHM.