Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll:trip to swim with dolphins in the caribbean

Which month would you most likely go to swim with dolphins?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which month would you most likely go to swim with dolphins?

• May
    • September
    • October

I am not attacking you. I merely saw the rest of the details on what you posted in another group, and were then asked to refrain from marketing in this manner.

I don't believe in your type of "healing", we merely disagree on this point. Nothing more.

I see you are in TX and CA. Are you licensed in those states?

So the trip would be $5,000? That's crazy. I can swim with dolphins in Mexico for 1,000.

NOOO!!!! The trip is NOT $5,000!! That is what I charge when I take private parties for 10 days to spend 7 days swiming with dolphins and snorkeling and classes everyday!! It includes hotel, food, trips to the reef, dolphin swims, parties, kayaking, and much more!!!! The trip for bandsters was going to be about $1,800 one week ALL inclusive except for airfare! That is COST and noone can do that by themselves...setting up all of the boat trips to the reef and classes, parties etc. it has to be done by someone. that was going to be me. Who in the US can offer all inclusive, hotel, food, boats, snorkeling, dolphins, classes, etc. for that price??? No-one. This was a VERY OLD post and it was meant to stay that way precisely because many people do not understand the power of these tuype of experiences on ones health and growth. So for any one else wanting to inquire...please i am NO LONGER OFFERING this to bandsters. ONLY to private parties interested in these experiences. Any one is welcome to contact me privately if they have an intererest in ever going. Much love to ALL...

Peace,

Angela

I am not attacking you. I merely saw the rest of the details on what you posted in another group, and were then asked to refrain from marketing in this manner.

I don't believe in your type of "healing", we merely disagree on this point. Nothing more.

I see you are in TX and CA. Are you licensed in those states?

YEs I am. I have been working in western medicine for over 20 years and switched over when nothing could help me there and I saw the bigger picture.I still work with hospitals that are open to natural means such as Stanford medical center. MAny medical schools now have classes on holistic studies or complmentary medicine. Dr. Weil MD has a post- graduate program for M.D.'s in holistic medicine. I believe that sometimes a combination of the two is necessary and I think that in cases of trauma and lost causes like terminal organ failure or severe accidents, broken bones and such western medicine is great. Here in California with Stanford and other medical centers we are succesfully combining both, to heal the patient faster and to decrease the times pt.s come into the hospital and also use less pharmaceutical meds which have many side effects. CAncer patients feel better throgh their chemotherapy if that is what they choose to do for their CA. The State of Washington is also very good at combining both and so is Oregon. Open heart surgeries and others recover faster when they have holistic counseling and modalities such as healing touch and reiki before surgery. Patients who recive natural therapies during the hospital stay also go home faster and with less complications. I know from my personal experience that if I had not tries all of the naturopathic things I did, and chiropractic and yoga the doctor who told me I would be in a wheelchair by now or dead...would have been right!! I am here to prove and to show others that a person CAn reverse many symptoms even in chronic illness and can live a much fuller life full of hope, love and even happiness. That is my goal in life...to give hope and teach people how to improve in mind, body and spirit.

NOOO!!!! The trip is NOT $5,000!! That is what I charge when I take private parties for 10 days to spend 7 days swiming with dolphins and snorkeling and classes everyday!! It includes hotel, food, trips to the reef, dolphin swims, parties, kayaking, and much more!!!! The trip for bandsters was going to be about $1,800 one week ALL inclusive except for airfare! That is COST and noone can do that by themselves...setting up all of the boat trips to the reef and classes, parties etc. it has to be done by someone. that was going to be me. Who in the US can offer all inclusive, hotel, food, boats, snorkeling, dolphins, classes, etc. for that price??? No-one. This was a VERY OLD post and it was meant to stay that way precisely because many people do not understand the power of these tuype of experiences on ones health and growth. So for any one else wanting to inquire...please i am NO LONGER OFFERING this to bandsters. ONLY to private parties interested in these experiences. Any one is welcome to contact me privately if they have an intererest in ever going. Much love to ALL...

Peace,

Angela

I just found this thread....and don't understand some of the questions put to Angela about her motives, etc. I have met Angela and I can tell you that she is a generous, loving person and is truly interested in giving information and help to anyone in need. I had heard about this trip briefly, and what I do know is that Angela felt that it would be a fun way for Bandsters to get to know each other in a new way....sharing the beauty of dolphins and the healing of our bodies. I have never heard her here or anywhere else looking at ANYTHING as a way to get money out of people. I believe that she was offering to arrange this trip for truly unselfish purposes. Please don't throw accusations at her..... you don't know her, and if you did you would understand that these accusations are wrong and hurtful.

All I can say is the experience we had on another board. She was asked by the mods to refrain from selling her trip and then I saw her over here without a great many of the details.

No accusations, but if you will notice there were questions. No need to be so defensive if all is on the up and up.

When someone is selling yet another cure to we fatties it really makes me frustrated. We have spent a huge sum of money on every cure, snake oil, treatment, and pill there is and when something like this comes along and I saw what I did a month or two ago... I am going to speak up about it. It's just not a "favor" to us to sell us more "stuff" and I won't pretend it is. And please don't write you aren't gearing this for bandsters, Angela. You have posted this on several bandster boards.

I guess my real question is this... if these treatments are so great and if people can heal themselves, why bother with a band? Angela? Personally, I need my band and at this point, I am DONE with healings and assorted "stuff" for weight loss. Perhaps others need lectures and dolphins. Personally I need a band.

Part of what was posted on another board:

>>the cost is $1,500 double occupancy, for 1 week, ALL inclusive, EXCEPT air fare. It includes my workshops and all activities at the resort which includes two trips a day to the deeper reef for snorkeling, dolphin encounter, picnics. My relaxation and healing workshops which will add to your total and well being. The shallow reef is the resorts backyard.<<

Now it is $300 more @ $1800 yet the workshops are free. When several people started complaining about using the list that way Angela explained they were negative and she would take the trip to other bandsters instead.

Now, I'm done and I won't post in this thread again.

Part of what was posted on another board:

>>the cost is $1,500 double occupancy, for 1 week, ALL inclusive, EXCEPT air fare. It includes my workshops and all activities at the resort which includes two trips a day to the deeper reef for snorkeling, dolphin encounter, picnics. My relaxation and healing workshops which will add to your total and well being. The shallow reef is the resorts backyard.<<

Now it is $300 more @ $1800 yet the workshops are free. When several people started complaining about using the list that way Angela explained they were negative and she would take the trip to other bandsters instead.

Now, I'm done and I won't post in this thread again.

I has posted the poll here first and the only reason they asked me to refrain from posting is because YOU had conplained. Also because they are planning to have payed sponsors soon and since I had not talked to them first about thr trip it was best if I deleted it. By the way,,,tge cost of these trips goes up wuth time and gas prices... the lower the room availability the higher the prices...or don't you know that. The other board likes me and respects me enough to be their UNPAID natural advisor... they said in the future we could try to plan the same trip together. Most of the work I do is for FREE! I have heard from a few others you are a trounle maker and to not pay attention to you... I am glad i got those PM... you had really broken my heart, but now I know iit is not worth it. I just really hope You treat your patients well and with love and respect as you are a nurse and should be totally dedicated to them.

I has posted the poll here first and the only reason they asked me to refrain from posting is because YOU had conplained. Also because they are planning to have payed sponsors soon and since I had not talked to them first about thr trip it was best if I deleted it.

Okay, I wasn't going to respond to you again but with this bait, I can't resist. You got me and I admit it.

Are you suggesting that the mods "here" do anything I wish? HA! Surely you are kidding. Ask them for yourself and see what they say to that. I think the fact that the sponsors who PAY for their advertising might have had more to do with it than anything I have written.

By the way,,,tge cost of these trips goes up wuth time and gas prices... the lower the room availability the higher the prices...or don't you know that.

Amazingly, I do. What I also know is that on the other board (I can obtain more of your recent quotes, if you wish) YOU claimed that all YOUR lectures and workshops for the month of June were included in the fee of $1500. Now, on "this" board for $300 more, or $1800 bandsters get your lectures and workshops for free. Ohhh, com'on...

Anyone can go to Mexico for what you are describing, pay their own airfare, and do picnics and snorkeling for less than $1800 if they go with someone else, or as you suggested double occupancy. You did explain that the reef is directly behind the hotel they would be staying at. Not a great distance or expensive travel to get there, right? I can go to Mexico, go play with the dolphins, and eat picnic food for much less than $1800 especially since I'd be paying my own airfare either way.

The other board likes me and respects me enough to be their UNPAID natural advisor... they said in the future we could try to plan the same trip together. Most of the work I do is for FREE! I have heard from a few others you are a trounle maker and to not pay attention to you... I am glad i got those PM... you had really broken my heart, but now I know iit is not worth it. I just really hope You treat your patients well and with love and respect as you are a nurse and should be totally dedicated to them.

That wouldn't be the board *I* am referring to, I just went and read every single one of your posts and not only did you not offer your advice, nobody asked for it regardless of how many times you wrote your title. As for being unpaid... Angela, we ALL do that. Do you see any members here getting paid for offering advice? Whether it be personal experience or general medical information? We do it because we want everyone to do well, lose weight, be happy, resolve personal food issues, and reach ALL our goals. It's a support system, it works well. People here have given me a world of support and help and I try to do the same. We ALL do that because it is the right thing to do, not because we get paid for it. I know about the other boards you have posted your trip on but I don't care as much about those boards.

As for someone merely not appreciating those who advertise on various boards instead of paying for it like all the other sponsors, if this broke your heart I am sorry for you. But I guess I have to tell you, this attempt at a guilt trip, it isn't working well. If people want to go on your trip and attend your workshops, great! I think that is fantastic. I just didn't care for the lack of total honesty.

If your trip is so great, and I'm quite sure it is, then pay for advertising like everyone else. If what you have to offer is genuine, a good deal, and something that will benefit those paying the bills, then advertising through the normal means should do well for you.

Bottom line, ALL I am asking for is honesty, your response to others on this board and others is that we are either mean, negative, troublemakers, etc., and breaking your heart if we dare to tell the rest of the truth about this trip. Silly me, I am under the impression that people should be given ALL the facts upfront. This breaks your heart?

Good luck, I wish you the best.

This is my last post/...like I said I have an advice column on the other one but then you must be from Dr Aceves board...been a looon g time since I went there and Nina wanted to plan the same trip in the future...she just wanted to make sure we did it together. The other board has NO sponsors and AGAIN it was a trip for us to get together.... so now we are getting together but it was just easier to do so at Disneyland instead. I still do my private trips I charge for...just not for bandsters... anything on these boards are free. In fact I do not like the new layout full of ads all over the place. When I first mentioned the possibility of a trip it was long before they even thought of ads and sponsors! About 6 months ago???The other one I give official advice as I was asked to by the owners/sponsors...along with the rest of advice in other threads whic we all do. You do NOT know me, have no idea who I am and threfore do not have the RIGHT to lie about my intentions. How sad to be where you are at! Hope you can become a happier person someday.

Angela...

I have not insulted you. I have not slammed you. I have not called you negative, a troublemaker, sad, questioned if you treat your patients well, I have not asked if you do treat your patients well, and I have not claimed you have broken my heart. I have not implied that you do not have a happy life. I have not told you of the PMs I have received regarding this thread. *I* am not the one doing these things. This is what you have written to me and all the others that requested you not sell the trip on the other board.

I was not dishonest about your intentions. I have pointed out the facts, the facts being as YOU have previously posted them. That's all. YOUR words, and I quoted them. I didn't paraphrase, I quoted you. It seems to me that you have a big problem with that.

I am going to ask that you please stop the slams and insults, it is getting old. It would seem that a spiritual counseler/life coach and one who feels so much better through natural healing would have little need to resort to this kind of emotion. However, perhaps I am mistaken about the effects of this type of healing as I am more geared to allopathic healing.

Cheers.

This is getting personal. I'm locking the thread for now.