Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 and wanting a new me

I had surgery on dec 17. I was nervous n scared too. Btw im 24. I almost didn't want to go through with it but im so glad I did it. Im down 20 pounds since surgery day n 33 lbs since I started my pre-op diet. I say go for it.

I had surgery on dec 17. I was nervous n scared too. Btw im 24. I almost didn't want to go through with it but im so glad I did it. Im down 20 pounds since surgery day n 33 lbs since I started my pre-op diet. I say go for it.

Congrats Hun, I can't wait to be where your at.

I had my sleeve done 11/26, I'm 23 and I am working at a health food store while I get through school.

Times have been tough, but this is the best decision I've made.

I am 5 weeks post op and will admit I had some vodka on New Years Eve. I had a half shot and boy, i felt it go down, and it hit me about 5 minutes later. I chased with Water and lime. I was honestly shocked. I could drink 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of straight vodka pre op. and that would have me sh*t faced, I'll just act like a dumb*ss and pass out on this bed, drunk. That half shot burned which made me not go back for the other half, and the fact that I was so tipsy from it kind of freaked me out. If I had knocked back that whole shot, I would have been slurring and stumbling around most likely.

Everyone has different reactions, but like everything, the key is moderation.

So worth it!!!

Okay so what are the best Protein Drinks out there for post op? Obviously something packed with Protein in the littlest amount possible.

Okay so what are the best Protein drinks out there for post op? Obviously something packed with Protein in the littlest amount possible.

The best I've seen is pure protein. 32g protein @ 160 calories.

Isopure isn't too bad either but I haven't tried it.

Thanks! Also I guess I'm eager to know how much weight loss is averages per week. I know that everyone is different but just curious. My weight right now is 195# and I'm 5' 7". I can't decide since I would like to lose 65# if it will come off fast or it will come off slower than someone who has more weight to lose?

Thanks! Also I guess I'm eager to know how much weight loss is averages per week. I know that everyone is different but just curious. My weight right now is 195# and I'm 5' 7". I can't decide since I would like to lose 65# if it will come off fast or it will come off slower than someone who has more weight to lose?

I'm assuming b/c you have less to lose your weight may come off a little slower than most. There are some forums about people w/lower BMIs... You might read em if you get a chance. I could be totally wrong though... So don't take my word for it! lol

I'm so glad for you! I can't wait to get everything together and get a surgery date!!

Okay so what are the best Protein drinks out there for post op? Obviously something packed with Protein in the littlest amount possible.

I'm drinking nectar chocolate truffle. i normally mix it with skim milk and it's awesome. i tried it with Water today just to see, and it was yucky!

so maybe for any protein mix you buy, try it with both Water and skim milk to see if it might make it taste better

Premier it's ready to drink. You can purchase it at costco. It has 30 grams.

unjury has 20 grams per scoop. They have a great sample pack.

I like Isopure but it's love or hate. The whole bottle is like 43 grams I believe.

I have tried the Syntrax nectar. It's not bad. 23 grams. The flavors I've enjoyed so far - vanilla bean torte, cookie and cream (something like that lol) and Cappuccino. You can order a sample pack from BJ's.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thanks for the help guys! One other thing obviously I'll be on Clear Liquids for a bit, any trick to make it less monotinous??

Thanks for the help guys! One other thing obviously I'll be on clear liquids for a bit, any trick to make it less monotinous??

I bought 3 types of crystal light, and I bought Powerade zero.

Congrats on choosing to do the surgery! It's a great (although hard) adjustment. I'm 22 and was sleeved in July. I'm down 84 lbs as of this morning and feeling great. I definitely wish you the best of luck. I drank procomplex shakes. They are 60g of Protein (you only absorb 40g at a time though so I had to still drink 2 a day) but the taste was the best of all the ones I tried. As far as clear liquids, I drank lots of broth and ate sugar free Popsicles. Good luck!!!

Clear liquids suck, but for me it only lasted a week. I bought Unjury then couldn't tolerate it post op. the Lean Dessert shakes are really good, the banana cream pudding legitimately tastes like banana cream pudding which is nice. I have nectar chocolate and vanilla, I use them daily. The vanilla is great, I put orange juice in it or blend it up with frozen fruit. The chocolate tastes like chocolate milk and is really good, I have been putting PB2 in it and it's like Reese's...yum!! I have Isopure but again the premades are hit and miss. I like the green, I think it's apple melon. I also got IsoPure unflavored for Christmas from my boyfriend and it's a godsend. MUCH better than Unjury unflavored and you can put it anything like Soup, pudding, Jello, really anything and there's no funny taste and it blends well. I would say that's a staple that you'll regret not having. I personally don't like any of the premade sweet drinks that I have tried including Premier which most people love. To me, mixing powder with light vanilla soy milk just tastes better all around. I can tolerate milk just fine, I just prefer soy milk in my shakes. Good luck! Your making a wonderful decision for yourself :)

Clear liquids suck' date=' but for me it only lasted a week. I bought unjury then couldn't tolerate it post op. the Lean Dessert shakes are really good, the banana cream pudding legitimately tastes like banana cream pudding which is nice. I have nectar chocolate and vanilla, I use them daily. The vanilla is great, I put orange juice in it or blend it up with frozen fruit. The chocolate tastes like chocolate milk and is really good, I have been putting PB2 in it and it's like Reese's...yum!! I have Isopure but again the premades are hit and miss. I like the green, I think it's apple melon. I also got IsoPure unflavored for Christmas from my boyfriend and it's a godsend. MUCH better than Unjury unflavored and you can put it anything like Soup, pudding, Jello, really anything and there's no funny taste and it blends well. I would say that's a staple that you'll regret not having. I personally don't like any of the premade sweet drinks that I have tried including Premier which most people love. To me, mixing powder with light vanilla soy milk just tastes better all around. I can tolerate milk just fine, I just prefer soy milk in my shakes. Good luck! Your making a wonderful decision for yourself :)[/quote']

Where did you get the lean dessert shakes?