Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Middle eastern sleevsters

Yes, it is worth it. I live in Jeddah and am two seeks out and feel great. You will too :)

Hi everyone! I'm Syria and Jordanian living in Ca. Not sleeved yet. Hoping for the new year. I was born and raised in NJ. I speak Arabic fluently. Nice to see you all here. :)

Marhaba everyone!

I was just laughing yesterday about something that I would like to share.

Here in Lebanon it is culture to visit people if they are ill or have had a surgery (almost immediately after surgery!) And you must take a gift. Three people brought me CHOCOLATE!! Seriously? After gastric sleeve surgery? I thought that it was so funny. :)

Walaa,

I'm so jealous of you living in Boston. I lived there for 5 years and loved it!!!! That is were I met hubby too.

Don't worry you will be feeling better soon. And you will be so happy that you made this decision.

Allah mayk

I was married to a man who is half Armenian who was born and raised in Tehran. My two sons live in London and speak Armenian fluently and some Farsi. Wonderful thread.

I'm Egyptian in NJ sleeved 10/18 and loving my sleeve:-)

I'm Egyptian in NJ sleeved 10/18 and loving my sleeve:-)

Where in nj? Im near philadelphia. How hot are we gonna be at goal? (If you are not there yet already)

Hello Everyone! I am American and am married to a Saudi. We live in the San Francisco area. I only have one more month oh the six month diet my insurance requires. My Dr said it is a long enough time that about 1/2 the people back out. I think I am in that phase now. Getting more scared, but am putting my trust elsewhere and praying. I actually found about the sleeve from my husbands friend in Saudi who had the surgery and dropped 100+ lbs.

Good luck on your journey ladies!

Karen

Where in nj? Im near philadelphia. How hot are we gonna be at goal? (If you are not there yet already)

I'm in Princeton! How about you? I can't wait to reach goal:-)

Hello all! I'm from Pakistan but my husband is Moroccan! This is a great thread. I got sleeved 8/28/12 and starting weight was 235. I'm exactly at 200 right now! Good luck everyone!

Hey am marwa frim dubai i think am first person from gulf country ,, my english not that good but i wanna be with u so ignore any mistakes and understand me

I sleeved on 5/11/2012

Wighted 100

Now am 84

Move to London before one month

My diet not that good so far (alla karem)

My wight not change 10 days

Nice to meet people from middle east

Salaam Ladies!!

I was sleeved on 12-12-12. What a date to remember. I'm from Syria - but currently live in southern California.

Not doing well with my liquid intake - find it hard to drink more than 8 oz of Water a day and about 4 oz of shake. It sucks watching everyone enjoying dinner and you know us Arabs - its a feast every night :-)

Love this post!!!

Hey am marwa frim dubai i think am first person from gulf country ,, my english not that good but i wanna be with u so ignore any mistakes and understand me

I sleeved on 5/11/2012

Wighted 100

Now am 84

Move to London before one month

My diet not that good so far (alla karem)

My wight not change 10 days

Nice to meet people from middle east

Salam Marwa,

Ahlan wa sahlan! Welcome to the group. Don't worry about your English. I am an American living in Lebanon, I am sure that I give the locals plenty of laughs with my "wonderful" Arabic lol ;)

16 kilos in a month and a half if great! Have you started exercising? It might be difficult if you just moved to London. But go out and explore your new surroundings and you will be exercising at the same time :)

Marhaba everyone!

I was just laughing yesterday about something that I would like to share.

Here in Lebanon it is culture to visit people if they are ill or have had a surgery (almost immediately after surgery!) And you must take a gift. Three people brought me CHOCOLATE!! Seriously? After gastric sleeve surgery? I thought that it was so funny. :)

I'm an ESL/EFL teacher, and I love stories like this.

hey MrsSaso, who did your surgery here in Lebanon?

where do you live in Lebanon? I live in Nabatiyeh.....I lived 9 years in the Dahiyah and am so glad to be out of there!

Lmao, its so funny that you mention how much you r glad to be out of the da7yi since am living there... i also cant wait to be out of here!! UGH cant wait to go back home (America)

And yea i had the surgery in lebanon with doctor RIyad Al-sahily... no complications hamdella and am shy on two months out. 37 pounds lost :)

You probably had yours in alnabatiyi cause i have heard that there are some good doctors there but it was so far for my husband to go back and forth... i hope you are doing well :)