Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why in the hell did I have this sugery during the holidays! I'm one week out and craving food bad!

I think wtf did I do about 500 times a day... But I find my encouragement by looking at some of the before n after pictures in this form.

Why is that? I'm very curious!

I was sleeved on 12/5/12 and felt the same way. I never noticed all the food commercials before. I endured the first week of Clear Liquids. But by the time creamy liquids started I felt a little more satisfied. And my first bite of soft foods took the edge off of cravings. I actually allowed myself to be photographed this year at family Christmas parties because I look forward to next year with a new, healthier me.

@amytug - I've been having trouble taking in any liquids - no appetite to put anything in my mouth - just the thought of it makes me what to vomit. Becuase of this I have no energy so I find myself in bed most of the day - very depressing.

@amytug - I've been having trouble taking in any liquids - no appetite to put anything in my mouth - just the thought of it makes me what to vomit. Becuase of this I have no energy so I find myself in bed most of the day - very depressing.

Try taking just tiny sips, and have Water near you at all times. Drinking Water and getting Protein in will help with everything you are talking about. Take it slow. You can do this!

I have not ate well at all this week .... stress ,holidays ... cooking ... um embarressed that I have ate very little but very bad food .... its all being sent home with my son tomorrow or the trash ...

I was thinking the same thing as I cooked yesterday ....but got a greek yorgut tonight mmmmmmmmmmm ....it was the best ! Hang in there everone it gets better happy holidays !

I just had my year anniversary on Dec 22. I just have to let everyone know.. A year from now it will be totally worth it all. The pain, dehydration, hunger, heart burn, Hair loss, holiday food, buying a new wardrobe every month, and on and on. I have lost 183 in a year! I couldn't be happier! I hope for you all to get through it and can't wait for you to live again!

I had surgery 11/8/12 exactly 2 weeks before thanksgiving. I was on pureed food by thwn but I stayed away from every single food there was at our family's party. It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. I dont crave the food. Christmas was a little harder but I managed to get through it. I just keep tellong myself itll all be worth it. Im really jappy with my weightloss so far I started at 329lbs and im now at 278lbs. I started working out a week ago. I know new years is gonna be difficult seeing everybody drinking alcohol but ill be ok. My weight loss is what matters to me the most! Im no longer prediabetic and everything with my health is getting better. Just keep telling yourself its all worth it and keep thinking that everything you cant eat duribg the holidays gets you 1 step closer to your goal weight.

Threads like this remind me how much our society centers everything around food. These holidays in particular. It's almost like an American past time....if family gets together there must be mass quantities of food involved...but why? My family Christmas dinner will be this Saturday, and the whole day will be centered around preparing, then eating this gigantic meal. I'd rather spend my time doing other things than just gorging on a big meal, then waiting impatiently for it to go down enough to eat more.

I just had my year anniversary on Dec 22. I just have to let everyone know.. A year from now it will be totally worth it all. The pain, dehydration, hunger, heart burn, hair loss, holiday food, buying a new wardrobe every month, and on and on. I have lost 183 in a year! I couldn't be happier! I hope for you all to get through it and can't wait for you to live again!

What a wonderful message! Thank you! Congratulations on your success!

Hello,

I am a newbie. I was sleeved on December 21. Though it is not easy watching everyone have goodies I do not regret this decision. I am also hoping that if we can survive the holidays we can survive the rest of the year. Good Luck to all.

I was sleeved on January 11th so I went on my liquid diet the day after Christmas. I was hard with all the Christmas food still around and New Year's coming up. Keep this in mind though:

This time next year if you will be a brand new person. I am just about at goal and am very happy with how I look. I can wear clothes with some style now and wear those cute equestrian style boots that are so popular.