Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 9months out! How much is everyone eating?

I think I'm doing good I've lost 87lbs starting weight was 268 now 181! I'm happy! I was just wondering what everyone eats because I feel like I'm eating alot! I think most days I get 1000! I do good so days and bad some days. I'm a big time snacker and if anyone has any good ideas please let me know! I love Jerky that's my favorite snack! I will be so glad to hear from everyone! :)

I'm 6 months out, and I feel like I eat a lot sometimes too. I eat about a 1000 myself, I know thats the upper end of what my doctor wants me to eat for weight loss. For maintenance its 1200.

I too am a snacker, so I've tried to take up a grazing style of eating, since it works well with the sleeve anyway. I eat 5-6 little meals a day, always with a protien.

I'm obsessed with jerky! I usually buy a 1.5oz bag and munch on it during the day. Good low carb high Protein snack, but sodium is a killer. :(

I'm nine months out. I eat a lot.

04:00 coffee with non-dairy Creamer

06:00 half of 11 oz muscle milk

08:00 full 11 oz. muscle milk

10:00 28 grams unsalted roasted almonds

11:30 1 dill pickle spear, 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, half cucumber

01:00 10 pepperoni slices

03:00 30 grams unsalted roasted peanuts

04:00 2 slices cheese with 8 Special K crackers

06:00 about 10 steamed shrimp with a tablespoon of cocktail sauce, or similar for dinner

If still hungry during the day, I may add one or two Laughing Cow cheese wedges.

I do have treats on special occassions, like a Christmas Cookie or two, and maybe a slice of pizza every weekend or so. Seems like I eat all the time, but I am almost at goal in nine months.

Thanks everyone. Here's a sample of my meals. I have 1 boiled egg and I piece bacon or handful peanuts lunch few pieces lettuces chicken 3oz. cheese and dressing small amount

snack 4oz sunflower seeds or body by vi Protein Shake dinner a small piece of meat and 2 oz greens Beans or veg I may add beef Jerky in though out day just depends I drink g2 and Water maybe a diet gold peak tea ! I normally lose 4-8lbs month now

I actually really like seeing what others are eating on their weight loss journey. I always worry about eating the wrong things or eating too much.

So does this look ok? I've been a little bad christmas parties like crazy I'm eating the cheese and meat trying hard to stay away from Cookies but a bite here and there going to hit the gym hard the first on jan and try and just maintain and no gain ever !!! :) this is the first time on a forum! Excited to talk to people in my situation !

Hi everyone, I've have strayed some, but not much to gain weight. Actually I am still losing and I am down from 336 lbs to 266 lbs which is a lost of 70 lbs since my surgery on April 24th. I try to eat a variety of Proteins and carbs. today I ate oatmeal for Breakfast and for lunch/ dinner I had turkey, a little ham, mac-n-cheese, cabbage, greens. Also, i ate in intervals allowing my food to digest. later ate another piece of ham with a slice of cake. I feel satisfied and not hungry. As i eat I began to become full and I stop going back to my meal later. in essence I eat a sample of food on my plate and leave the rest. I am so excited because at church sunday my nephew asked to take my picture after noticing my weight lost which showed more in my outfit accompained by a belt.

Not sure how I fared through the holdidays, as my scales battery is kaput. But, I know that I did have 2 days or so with not the best habits there around Christmas. But, getting back on track! I did at least work out the day before Christmas!

I'm nine months out. I eat a lot.

04:00 coffee with non-dairy creamer

06:00 half of 11 oz muscle milk

08:00 full 11 oz. muscle milk

10:00 28 grams unsalted roasted almonds

11:30 1 dill pickle spear' date=' 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, half cucumber

01:00 10 pepperoni slices

03:00 30 grams unsalted roasted peanuts

04:00 2 slices cheese with 8 Special K crackers

06:00 about 10 steamed shrimp with a tablespoon of cocktail sauce, or similar for dinner

If still hungry during the day, I may add one or two Laughing Cow cheese wedges.

I do have treats on special occassions, like a Christmas Cookie or two, and maybe a slice of pizza every weekend or so. Seems like I eat all the time, but I am almost at goal in nine months.[/quote']

Thats awesome menu plan thanks for posting seems like a lot but the calorie intake is low... love it thanks

I am eight months out and have hit a plateau, but i had to increase my caloric count because i was losing hair like crazy. Visited my nutritionist and she said that the Hair loss at 4-6 months was a result of the anesthesia and the surgery, as well as the very low caloric intake the first few weeks after surgery. She recommended increasing my calories to at least 1200 daily in order to keep from continuing to lose hair. I did that and sure enough, my hair started growing and staying in my head! BUT, I am having to make up for the extra calories by burning more off. She said that was okay, but my loss might slow down. And yes it did, but I have to follow a healthy diet the rest of my life and I cannot risk the harm to my overall health by continuing to take in 1000 calories or less a day for months on end, even if I do take in the correct amount of Protein. Some days, I find it hard to get to 1200, but most days I do and I just try and be more active. Moreover, I was getting low blood glucose levels from not taking in enough carbohydrates. I've just accepted that my loss is not going to occur as fast as I had hoped.

I am eight months out and have hit a plateau, but i had to increase my caloric count because i was losing hair like crazy. Visited my nutritionist and she said that the Hair loss at 4-6 months was a result of the anesthesia and the surgery, as well as the very low caloric intake the first few weeks after surgery. She recommended increasing my calories to at least 1200 daily in order to keep from continuing to lose hair. I did that and sure enough, my hair started growing and staying in my head! BUT, I am having to make up for the extra calories by burning more off. She said that was okay, but my loss might slow down. And yes it did, but I have to follow a healthy diet the rest of my life and I cannot risk the harm to my overall health by continuing to take in 1000 calories or less a day for months on end, even if I do take in the correct amount of Protein. Some days, I find it hard to get to 1200, but most days I do and I just try and be more active. Moreover, I was getting low blood glucose levels from not taking in enough carbohydrates. I've just accepted that my loss is not going to occur as fast as I had hoped.

I actually really like seeing what others are eating on their weight loss journey. I always worry about eating the wrong things or eating too much.

Me too! This is so helpful!

Me too! This is so helpful!