Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success with portion control only? anyone?

Hey Donny what's ur MFP name?? I just got it and don't have any friends lol

What is MFP?

mfp is a program for computer, ipad, phones, etc to track your daily calorie and nutrition intake. It's called My Fitness Pal. It also tracks measurements and weight. It's a quality program IMO

Danny I'd like your mfp too! Or add me please sleclerc

Add me too u all MFP valdostaGA

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I use measuring cups and watch my portion size. I do it so I don't waste any food that I know I can't finish. It also helps me to watch my calorie intake. Of course' date=' Protein first! Good luck![/quote']

I second that. Start out with measuring cups or a food scale. I used both for a few months to make sure I was only eating 2-4 ounces of Protein in a serving. The beginning started out at 2 oz and the worked up to 4 ounces by month 5. I do not need to use the measuring utilities much any longer because I can estimate fairly accurately now and I can now pick up on the satisfied signal. Note that being satisfied is much different than being full. Being full causes you to enter danger zone where 1-2 more bites leads to discomfort, stuck feelings or the slimies. It gets much easier and natural the further along your progress advances. In summary, use measuring utilities for now to determine portion size but do try and work towards using your body's natural signals to control portion sizes. Remember eat to being satisfied and not full.

YES! I was sleeved on Aug 2. I have lost 110 lbs to date. I am also 3 mos pregnant. I eat a well balanced meal at every meal. I eat my Protein, then my veggies and or fruit, then some of my starch or carb. I am full and satisfied.

You have lost 110 lbs since Aug 2?

My MFP is jeffnanika. Just started today. My surgery is set for February 6th. My wife is January 16th. I will be starting a sleeve diet with her January 1.

I second that. Start out with measuring cups or a food scale. I used both for a few months to make sure I was only eating 2-4 ounces of Protein in a serving. The beginning started out at 2 oz and the worked up to 4 ounces by month 5. I do not need to use the measuring utilities much any longer because I can estimate fairly accurately now and I can now pick up on the satisfied signal. Note that being satisfied is much different than being full. Being full causes you to enter danger zone where 1-2 more bites leads to discomfort' date=' stuck feelings or the slimies. It gets much easier and natural the further along your progress advances. In summary, use measuring utilities for now to determine portion size but do try and work towards using your body's natural signals to control portion sizes. Remember eat to being satisfied and not full.[/quote']

I still feel safer weighing and measuring my foods. Even if it is just an eyeball measurement (which I'm much better at now than I was before). I don't trust my internal signals. They've never been reliable, or I've just been way out of touch with them. Plus, as my capacity increases, so will those signals. But I don't want my intake to increase along with it.

However, I do whole heatedly agree with your statement that "being full" is never the goal. Being satisfied is the goal. It's nerve racking reading so many posts by sleevers who are worried that they ate this or that and they don't feel full. Certain foods don't make me feel full, in fact i seldom feel full. But I know when I've taken in enough calories because I weighed the food. And then I realize, I may not be full....but I'm not hungry anymore either. It's like an a-ha moment to me every time.

I have managed to lose by eating a well balanced diet, by eating my Protein first and my weightloss has been very successful!!!! Good luck to you also on your journey!!!!

I have lost my love for food. Nothing tastes like it used to. I dont go out of my way to find bad foods, but on occasion I'll allow myself a bite of this or that. I gotta be honest, I am super happy that it isnt satisfying anymore. I also find now that I enjoy some foods I never liked at all, like sweet potatoes, lots and lots of greens, etc. The things that would have kept me from getting fat in the first place. Anyways I find it a huge benefit that things taste different.