Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pathetic

I think we are all adult if you made a mistake I get that but when ppl do huge things that could possible kill them No!! I'm not sleeve yet but the thought of doing something after having major surgery scares me I don't wanna have a complication that could have been prevented I can't stand pitty parties .. You kno rt from wrong do your absolutely best to follow the rules .. I think what bothers me the most is Q like what should I do and u kno u did wrong .. Seek medical help that's what u should do cause we are not doctors we can't tell u if your going to be okay or when ppl say I havent lost anything but you eating junk self explanatory but I wish everyone the best and u just have to do what's rt for you

I have never posted about alcohol because I don't even drink it' date=' wrong person.[/quote']

Our posts crossed; it wasn't for you.

I think we are all adult if you made a mistake I get that but when ppl do huge things that could possible kill them No!! I'm not sleeve yet but the thought of doing something after having major surgery scares me I don't wanna have a complication that could have been prevented I can't stand pitty parties .. You kno rt from wrong do your absolutely best to follow the rules .. I think what bothers me the most is Q like what should I do and u kno u did wrong .. Seek medical help that's what u should do cause we are not doctors we can't tell u if your going to be okay or when ppl say I havent lost anything but you eating junk self explanatory but I wish everyone the best and u just have to do what's rt for you

Good point.. Then I'm sure once you've been sleeved you will also seek advise from

Your doctor as opposed to asking anyone on here who may have been there done that and would only offer non medical real life experience... Good luck with your journey;)

Yes I'm not sleeve and I still reach out for advice on here but just for ppl experience not medical advice but thank you

Good point.. Then I'm sure once you've been sleeved you will also seek advise from

Your doctor as opposed to asking anyone on here who may have been there done that and would only offer non medical real life experience... Good luck with your journey;)

Yes I seek advice on here expecially for experience but but I still think when it come possible cause harm to your self you should ask about it for experience but still seek medical advice cause we can offer our experience but we are not doctors

I guess I'm just at a place in my life where I don't sweat the small stuff and I'm just not that sensitive to negative comments anymore. I've accepted myself, I love myself and I am taking steps to improve the quality of my life for myself. I'm also a brutally honest person. I don't have time to sugar coat things, but I also recognize that there are ways to be frank with people, without being rude, sometimes.

Most people dong want to hear the truth. They want to hear what they want and ride unicorns and chase rainbows. It's easier than dealing with reality. It took me a while to face my reality and once I did, I realized that it's not that bad. In fact, i gained a lot of perspective and realized that it could be worse and thank the Lord that it's not. If someone calls me fat! Okay. And? So what If someone calls you fat. Okay. And? What else you got? Who cares. If you love yourself, then it shouldn't matter. If doesn't matter. If someone says something you don't like, dismiss it. We're not going to like everything or everyone. You may not like what I have to say, but, unlike some, I will tell you the truth. Being upset over what someone says to you is not going to change the situation. I'm sure those people have moved on. Why are you holding on to it?

Please understand that my statements are not directed at anyone specifically. I also feel that we get too worked up and wrapped up in nonsense that we miss the message. Maybe the delivery could be nicer, but if it isn't, does it make it any less valid? Take it for what it is and stop reading in between the lines. Say thank you and move on. It's not gospel, it's one person's opinion.

I completely agree!! .. I don't consider anything anyone does a mistake! We all have our own unique journey.

THIS.

Not to minimize your concern' date=' but there seems to be an oversupply of negative energy the last few days - on both sides.

I know I feel heartbroken on top of normal holiday and VSG stress. I feel a strong kinship with everyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I've noticed that negativity is spreading like wild fire here lately too! I thought I was being overly sensitive, but at least I know it isn't me!

It's crazy how ppl get off type to suit there own thoughts

I call this the Judgement Sleeve Talk. Whomever dare to go against what the Saints Would Do shall be condemned. That's the vibe of this site lately.

SO FREAKIN' TRUE!!!!! Almost discourages me from using this forum any more! That's a sad thing because I really used to enjoy this forum.

I think it's a great forum. I try to ignore anything that comes across judgemental. I just don't respond to it. Thank you and move on. Entertaining any of that stuff only validates the negativity and perpetuates it. It can only hurt you if you let it. I say, thanks, but no thanks! That's it, no more. You're done. You can't change bitter people, they can only change themselves. By arguing with people, we only strengthen their resolve to be bullies and feel justified. Some people just have to argue because its all they know. End the cycle and take away their power and their ability to affect you negatively! Move on and when they have nothing to argue with,they too have to move on. It is just that simple.

I think it's all stress and food related. Either we're post-op and can't drown the stress with food (me) or we're pre-op and have even more issues than the post-op folks (fear of surgery, cost of surgery, will it work), etc. I recommend anyone having any of these issues to just take a week off from VST and enjoy the holidays. If you mess up on your diet, it's okay, just get back on. No one will die from eating a cookie, but you won't feel so good after eating 10, so don't do it. Happy Holidays everybody!

I think a lot of it is that threads can be misread. It is impossible to understand the tone one is using while posting like you can in a face to face conversation. While one person might say no, no, no, you can't hear the tone in their voice. It may be a motherly no like telling your child to stay away from the stove or it may be a no like I know better than you and I doubt anyone truly has that mentality. I may be naive, but I think feathers may be getting ruffled for no reason. I don't believe that one single person has malice in their opinions because we've all been in the same situations one way or the other.

I think it's all stress and food related. Either we're post-op and can't drown the stress with food (me) or we're pre-op and have even more issues than the post-op folks (fear of surgery, cost of surgery, will it work), etc.

I've always thought this as well. I try to help people all the time, but I have run up on this attitude more than once.

Alot of people on the liquid diet, whether they are preop or post op, are hungry and sensitive. It's a crazy time, those few weeks. Weird things are happening inside one's body. All those hormones are being released that have been stored up for a long time. I've had people want to yank out my eyes right through the internet, then the next day they are adding me to their "friends" list.