Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on here in Kansas?

Just curious how many people on here are in the Kansas City area? =)

I am from Kansas City. Surgeon Malley

I'm in KC. Sleeved 12/3 by Dr. Hoehn. My only regret is that I didn't do this 10 years ago!

I am from SE KS. Going to Tallgrass since my insurance requires a center of excellence. My seminar is on 4/12. I don't know what to expect after that. I'll have my six months of Dr supervised diet done on May 19th.

I'm going to Malley too! How are you doing now? I looked you up and saw that you had it about a month ago. I just got insurance approval today! ;-)

Edited by beeteroo

I'm going to Malley too! How are you doing now? I looked you up and saw that you had it about a month ago. I just got insurance approval today! ;-)
When is your surgery? Mine was 3/10. I went through the motions the first 3 weeks. Suddenly week 4 I had energy. I was just on a stall and stayed the same weight for two weeks and was worried but yesterday and today the scale has moved. My best advice that even I need to follow is give it time and you will so great!!

When is your surgery? Mine was 3/10. I went through the motions the first 3 weeks. Suddenly week 4 I had energy. I was just on a stall and stayed the same weight for two weeks and was worried but yesterday and today the scale has moved. My best advice that even I need to follow is give it time and you will so great!!

I am calling the office tomorrow to schedule my date. I'm hoping to do it this month if possible. If not then early May! I have a trip that I have to take on May 7th for a one day meeting for work and I'm not sure about scheduling my surgery date for that week.

I am form KC area

Got a date! May 27th but they are going to see if they can fit me in April 29th instead! I sure hope so! Have to have an EgD first so I hope to get that done very soon too! Starting my Preop diet hoping I can get tat April 29th date!

I am from Overland Park. Had surgery April 1 with Dr. Hoen. Can't say enough good things about my experience!

I live near Topeka and had my surgery at Tallgrass on April 1, 2014. Received great care and had little pain. Surgery on a Tuesday and back to work on Monday. First month weight came off quickly but has slowed drastically which is very disappointing. Trying to focus on exercising more and getting my Water in....which is very hard to do.

I was sleeved in October of 2013 by Dr. Selim at KU. Best decision I've ever made!

A lot of posts on here are over a year old--if anyone still comes here--just want you to know I'm going thru the KC Bariatric Center (Dr. Aragon who works in the same office with Dr. Hoehn and Hamilton), in Lenexa, KS. I live about 20 miles from the Shawnee Mission Pavilion where the KC Bariatric Center is. I have a 4 November 2014 Gastric Sleeve surgery date. I went to their Support Group for the first time yesterday afternoon. What a blessing!! We got handouts from the Physical Therapy Dept as well as exercise bands and did a few repetitions of the exercises on the handouts. After the exercise portion, we broke into small circles by type of surgery, and I learned so much from the other Sleevers that eased a lot of anxieties and worries. I was amazed by some of the people's stories, just like on this site. It was good to hear their success stories up close and face-to-face. The Center also has a clothing exchange at the Support Group, so people can get reduced size clothes donated by people who have lost weight. I liked this part, because once I get my weight down, I know some good clothes will go to good use. Any excess clothes not used after a certain period of time at the Center gets donated by them to local charities. I am so excited to soon be smaller and healthier!

I am in Kansas, and hope to have Dr Hoehn do my sleeve. I went to the seminar 2 weeks ago. What made me laugh, was how nearly everyone was so concerned with when can the start smoking again! REALLY?! You're having surgery to become healthy and you want to still smoke? Anyway...right now I don't have the insurance for the surgery. My hubs insurance excludes it, so open enrollment at my job is next week, and they cover it. So, I will take out insurance with them, and hopefully after January 1, start the qualifying process. Maybe I'll see you there at a meeting. I'll put a photo of my up on here as soon as I have one that isn't all chins! lol Here's to a healthier new year!!

I live in Lawrence My surgery is set for Monday the 20th at Tallgrass in Topeka by Dr Dunshee.

I'm in KCK. Really close to the Pavillion. I live right off K7. Really praying the hoops I've gone through in the last couple of months will help me qualify sooner. still having issues with the hubs accepting this. Every time he sees how much I'm going to be paying for health insurance he tells me to just go back to WW. Yep! That really helped me the last 3 times I went there. They may be one of the reasons why I'm considering the surgery. So many diets in my life destroyed any metabolism I had in my body. Tonight he got home from work upset I didn't make dinner, so he says "lets go out to a buffet" I say no, we have food in the house. So he is moping. then he says "you really are bigger than you've ever been". Way to make a girls weekend. :P