Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months post op and oh so very stalled

I grill or pan broil several chicken breasts 2 or 3 times a week then chop them up. I also occasionally buy those pre cooked packages of fajita meat at the grocery store. They are good but high in sodium so I don't like to eat them too much, but they are good in a pinch. I make little omelettes with chicken, chopped bell pepper, mushroom and cheese and the egg beaters for Breakfast almost everyday. For work I will take some chicken or beef fajita meat and make lettuce wraps with a little cheese. Or else I'll take some frozen fish and microwave it. I like the Gortons brand. A microwave is all I have available and I work 12 hour shifts so I have to make due with simple foods.

I've been mulling this over....I think one of the solutions is to develop a core group of people that will hold you accountable. Someone online who if you stop tracking will call you on it. Someone in your family/work/friend who if they see you eating too much will gently remind you what your goal is and that eating those extra Snacks won't help. Also someone from your medical team. It could be a monthly weigh-in at your PCP office. Or see a NUT. I still go to my NUT once a month. Let me tell you, it keeps me honest! I do have to pay out of pocket ($25) but it worth every penny.

Your first step towards getting your life back on track was posting here. Good luck!

I'm a big fan of the idea of seeing my NUT once a month, I think I'm going to look into that and see if they allow that (can't imagine they wouldn't).

This is a great thread. BTB, your strategy seems very practical and I could see getting myself into this routine because I love lettuce wraps, salads and omelettes. I've been struggling with trying to play around with recipes and I end up with too much food, foods I didn't really like that much and avoid eating the leftovers (there are always leftovers!) or getting things to go on the way home from work, not the best choice. Obviously I can't eat much in a sitting, but this has led me to snack at times because of going beyond 3 hours and getting ravenous. I do have my good Snacks, but they should not be taking the place of REAL meals that are more nutritious.

It is getting harder to lose the weight as I get closer to goal, but I am a fighter, I am not giving up and I am not cheating with loads of carbs, it is more about finding a strategy that is doable.

DuranFan..l hope you feel more hopeful. Keep coming here, it helps to dialogue with like minded folk and people who are living this life and succeeding at weight loss. I was so big for my small frame for so long, I felt hopeless at ever making the change, but low and behold, I am now being called petite and I feel so much better, and I have so much more strength. You can do this!!!

I think that's a GREAT idea!! Let us know what happens.

I could have written this post! I'm 6 months out and down 90lbs. My first goal is 100 by 12/31. Hmmmmm. I'm exercising, but the snacking needs to get a k under control. With the busyness of the holidays I'm not eating the way I was.

I had the gastric sleeve performed on 12/7/12. Did ok on the liquid diet. But this week is purée food. I am having problems with this process. Every time I eat solid foods I vomit or get severe diarrhea. Any suggestions for me ???

BTB' date=' where do you get the chicken breast? You do cook it or buy already cooked? And then do you make an egg scramble w chicken & cheese? I think I'll try that.

And how do you handle your long shifts? What type of foods do you take to work? I'm looking for foods that I have make ahead of time so i always have food ready to eat in the fridge. Thanks![/quote']

I just bought a rotisserie chicken for $4.88 from sams club on Friday. I took all of the skin off, then cut up the meat into a container. This to me is cheaper than buying chicken and made great go dishes in a hurry. I also put some in an omelet with cheese and it was delish (BTB I got that idea off of your food diary...yummy!!!!)

To the OP - you need to rededicate your life to being healthy! and think back to all the reasons you decided to have this surgery in the first place! And why it was worth it you to subject yourself to the pain and suffering of having this major surgery.

Why do you even keep those bad snack foods around the house?? I do NOT keep ANYTHING in my house that will tempt me to go back down that slippery slope of snacking. If I want a snack, it's cheese or nuts or if I am craving salt - some baby pickles or olives.< /p>

You need to set yourself up for SUCCESS, not failure! By having those bad food options around the house - you are laying failure out right in front of you! :wacko:

You've been so successful thus far - don't let your addiction get the best of you now!! :(