Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sydney peeps! Who was your surgeon?

I had dr Craig Taylor because everything was included, especially the follow up care, which I thought meant he cared about my success and not just about getting my money and never seeing me again. I really like all the staff at the clinic.

Initial appointment with him was end of June, surgery mid August. Start weight 104kg, surgery weight 90kg, current weight 62kg.

I had dr Craig Taylor because everything was included' date=' especially the follow up care, which I thought meant he cared about my success and not just about getting my money and never seeing me again. I really like all the staff at the clinic.

Initial appointment with him was end of June, surgery mid August. Start weight 104kg, surgery weight 90kg, current weight 62kg.[/quote']

Wow.. That's fantastic progress :) thanks for the information. I've decided I'm going through with it, but still unsure on a surgeon. I feel like its an important decision. Are you at your goal weight? Did you have the surgery in 2012? Congratulations.. I can't wait to say I'm 60kg. Currently 115kg.

My goal weight is 58kg, but I'm in no rush to get there. Yes, I had my surgery this year. The psychologist told me that this would be my last diet ever and to really make the biggest effort possible in the first 6 months. Great advice. This is the first year I can remember that my New Years resolution hasn't been to lose weight. Good luck with your decision.

My goal weight is 58kg' date=' but I'm in no rush to get there. Yes, I had my surgery this year. The psychologist told me that this would be my last diet ever and to really make the biggest effort possible in the first 6 months. Great advice. This is the first year I can remember that my New Years resolution hasn't been to lose weight. Good luck with your decision.[/quote']

You must be so proud :)) congratulations again! And thank you for your advice :) good luck getting to your goal. :))

I'm also with dr Craig Taylor (o clinic) I have my first consultation on feb 8th 2013. I'm scared, nervous and excited, I can't wait to start this journey.

I'm also with dr Craig Taylor (o clinic) I have my first consultation on feb 8th 2013. I'm scared' date=' nervous and excited, I can't wait to start this journey.[/quote']

That's great :) come back after you appointment and let me know how you go?? Good luck!!! I'm excited for you :)

Thanks Hun!! I'll definitely be back and I'll keep u updated. Good luck with finding the perfect surgeon for yourself if its any help check out the o clinic website that's what helped me make the decision to go with dr Craig Taylor..

I was just sleeved by Dr Taylor last Tuesday 18/12/12. He and his team have all been great. Even the hospital staff said how impressed they were with how prepared all his patients are.

Congrats Hun I'm so happy for you. I hope your finding the liquid phase tolerable, that's my main concern that I'll struggle throughout that phase I'm very picky when it comes to what I eat.

Congrats Hun I'm so happy for you. I hope your finding the liquid phase tolerable' date=' that's my main concern that I'll struggle throughout that phase I'm very picky when it comes to what I eat.[/quote']

You really won't feel like eating anything and will have to force yourself to eat anything, even stuff you like. You are nil by mouth for 5 days while you're on a drip so its really only 9 days that you're on liquids.

You really won't feel like eating anything and will have to force yourself to eat anything' date=' even stuff you like. You are nil by mouth for 5 days while you're on a drip so its really only 9 days that you're on liquids.[/quote']

Thank you puppyphat that has put my mind at ease. ✌????

Liquid phase is ok. I'm just glad to have something in my mouth. It is really important to keep your fluids up and you can find some inventive ways. At the moment I an loving 4 tbs pumpkin Soup mixed with 4 tbs low fat milk. I am craving food but it could be because of Christmas. lol.

So dr Taylor seems like he's very popular here in the land of aus :) I've checked out the o clinic site and I'm really interested in meeting him and his team :) looks like I may just join the dr Taylor ban wagon ;) sounds pretty good to me!! Soooo freaking excited to have my surgery and move on with my life!!!! Bring it on!!!

Dr Taylor was great, I was sleeved at the Mater hospital by Dr Taylor and it really was fantastic (other than the pain of course) I would recommend Dr Taylor to anyone and the mater nurses and facilities were the best hospital services you could ask for