Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the Joyous news be spread: New Jersey votes yes on Gay civil union!

Sunta

Ha! You got me, Green!

I was waiting for an amazing history lesson from a former Soviet republic.

Ever since I was a little kid, I've been going to Canada off and on. I love to turn on talk radio there and listen to the differences in how issues are seen between the US and Canada. Great fun. I remember back when Hilary was promoting a major overhaul of medical care and insurance practices here, and the outrage in Cananda was over the proposal that there should be a copayment.

Anyway you guys better watch out. You're getting awfully flashy with all your new oil reserves and diamonds. Us bullies might come up and try to take over...for your own good of course. You know how we are.....

Nowhere have I said I support all Christians or their behaviors. In fact, there are some that scare me, alot. My personal relationship is with God. He is the one I support.

Ok super, then can I count on your support of legalizing Gay civil unions?

If the tables were turned and homosexuality was the majority, and heterosexual was seen as 'differen't and 'sin', I wonder if all the perople arguing against gay marriage today would not fight for a right to get married too.

What if God came down from heaven and told us all today that homosexuality is holy, and heterosexuality is sin. Would all the faithful christians drop their opposite sex partner and decide they must follow God's word?

If everyone's bibles said that being heterosexual is wrong, I doubt we would have any major religions these days. Or we'd have a bunch of different ones that some dude started because he was straight and sick of being treated like a sinner for it.

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.
  2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the world needs more children.
  3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.
  4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears's 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
  5. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and it hasn't changed at all: women are property, Blacks can't marry Whites, and divorce is illegal.
  6. Gay marriage should be decided by the people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of minorities.
  7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are always imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.
  8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall.
  9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage license.
  10. Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
  11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to cars or longer lifespans.
  12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages will for gays & lesbians.

I've seen this a while ago and couldn't remember where, but found it today and am hoping it's not a repost :)

Thanks for clearing all this up for us, HoneyBun! For a while there I was worried.

Btw, Green, "Soviet Canuckistan" sure sounds like a Pat Robertson quote. He's such a sweet, gentle Christian man, always rooting out injustice and bias in our country. What would we do without him? He's inspired so many of our presidents. Present one included, no doubt.

My husband calls Pat Robertson, et.al., the "American Taliban"...the only reason I disagree is that "taliboon" in arabic means student...<grin>

Before I was married, I was attracted to many men. Since I've been married, I have overcome being attracted to any man except my husband. I am now only physically attracted to my husband. Honestly. Without exception. So I believe the answer is yes.

What if someone told you that they thought being hetero was a sin, and that you should never sleep any any man. Including your husband?

Our nation was founded on biblical principles. Like Carol said, our money says "IN GOD WE TRUST". Our national anthem says, "ONE NATION UNDER GOD". No matter how bad people want to try to disprove this fact, it doesn't change.

What does the founders of our nation have to do with the above?

Why not let people believe what they want to believe? I believe homosexuality is wrong. I have many friends that live that lifestyle. My wife's hairdresser for 12+ yrs was gay. That still doesn't change my position. If you want to be gay, be gay. Just don't force your views on me and my family. By the same token, don't attack a person (I respect Carol for taking a stand against so many that don't agree) because they believe differently than you.

I have no problem with people believing homosexuality is a sin. I do have a problem with people wanting laws based on what they believe is a sin.

I also think if people were so concerned about "the sanctity of marriage", there wouldn't be so many people cheating on their spouses and our divorce rate wouldn't be around 50%. Just MHO.

Bingo!

Look at all the divorces, the cheating, the abuses us straight married couples do.

I've yet to see how allowing a gay couple to marry would affect me. I'd still be married to my great DH. Still attending church. Still doing all I do now.