Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the Joyous news be spread: New Jersey votes yes on Gay civil union!

Sunta

I never said I wanted to deny anybody anything, that I thought homosexuality was contagious, that I thought gays should be arrested or denied the ability to book a hotel room, or any other of your inflammatory accusations. I simply said that people with homosexual feelings can choose to act on them or not act on them. Don't put words in my mouth.

No one put words in your mouth. I said that according to your logic, gay people would be denied the pleasure of an intimate relationship.

Then I made the statement that homosexuality is not contagious. I did not attribute either, or any, statement to you. Nor did I accuse you of anything.

Remember that line in American President? How can you support someone who loves America but hates Americans? Freedom and diversity are what we are supposed to allow and revel in.

America is where we live, homosexuality is a sin against the word of God. It is a sex act that is stated in the word of God to be a sin. I do NOT hate homosexuals, as I have said before, I do have friends that are gay and have been for years. They know my stand on this, I have invited them to my church for petes sake. I think it is just a subject we agree to disagree on.

People have written on this that God does not belong in politics, laws, etc. and I can say this, if you believe in God and know Him, you know He belongs in every part of our lives. Not just the ones people what to place him in, it is His choice, not ours.

if you believe in God and know Him, you know He belongs in every part of our lives. Not just the ones people what to place him in, it is His choice, not ours.

This is not what the constitution of the United States of American says. If you want to live in a theocracy, perhaps you would be more comfortable in Iran or Saudi Arabia, both of which espouse what you believe.

It seems Carol that you're unfamiliar with the US constitution, and with the Bill that was the precursor to the First ammendment, designed to provided freedom of and freedom from, religion. Therefor, I am posting a few sections of it here.

A Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom

By: Thomas Jefferson

That our civil rights have no dependance on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry; that therefore the proscribing any citizen as unworthy the public confidence by laying upon him an incapacity of being called to offices of trust and emolument, unless he profess or renounce this or that religious opinion, is depriving him injuriously of those privileges and advantages to which, in common with his fellow citizens, he has a natural right; that it tends also to corrupt the principles of that very religion it is meant to encourage, by bribing, with a monopoly of worldly honours and emoluments, those who will externally profess and conform to it; that though indeed these are criminal who do not withstand such temptation, yet neither are those innocent who lay the bait in their way;

that the opinions of men are not the object of civil government, nor

under its jurisdiction; that to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude

his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or

propagation of principles on supposition of their ill tendency is a

dangerous falacy, which at once destroys all religious liberty, because

he being of course judge of that tendency will make his opinions the rule

of judgment, and approve or condemn the sentiments of others only as they shall square with or differ from his own;

WE, the General Assembly of Virginia, do enact that no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.

Now what about this do you not understand??????????????????????

America is where we live, homosexuality is a sin against the word of God.

Carol...I completely understand your point of view and I would take up arms and fight anyone who tried to force homosexuality on you. What I don't understand is why you feel that your beliefs should be translated into law. Not everyone's beliefs, obviously....just yours - and the people who agree with you.

The single largest Christian denomination in the USA believes that divorce and remarriage is a sin. The New Testament says it's a sin, as well. Should we make it illegal? Why not?

Jews believe that it is a sin to eat pork. Shall we outlaw bacon and ham? They live in America, too. And they hold their beliefs to be as true as you do.

Do you see my point? Either ALL religious views should carry the force of law, or NONE should. I vote none.

Do you see my point? Either ALL religious views should carry the force of law, or NONE should. I vote none.

+1

As I remember in American History, people came here because there was freedom of religion, because this was the one place where they had freedom to speak and live as they please, regardless of what religion says.

Good point Hunnybun. It amazes me the complete ignorance of American History that runs through the Christian right.

The entire purpose of establishing America was to get away from being forced to live under the tyranny of religion. That's why Thomas Jefferson wrote in his bill that our civil rights shall not be affected by religion.

How has this idea disappeared from our government? It's simply mind boggling.

I was not saying that I hear Jesus in my head, nor that I am ALWAYS right. I was stating my opinion just like everyone else. I do not dislike gay people, I was just saying that I THINK THOSE UNIONS ARE WRONG! IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!! That is how I was raised, and God Bless you, Tired Old Man! God made us as free will thinking individuals. In other words, he gave us a mind to make our own choices. How a person chooses, is completely up to them. I, for one, will be going to heaven, because I chose to believe in the one true living God and that his Son CHOSE to die on the cross for my sins. And I ask him to forgive me. I CHOSE too. I do not force my religion or my opinion on other people and you can choose to not read it. Fine with me. Just don't slam me for being a Christian and stating what I was taught from God's Word. Oh, yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

All religion is made up....that is historical fact.

And its important for everyone to have something they believe in. So who cares who believes in who or what...as long as we are happy and we are good to one another .......who cares?? Everyone needs something to believe in ...we all need faith...that is all that matters.

(and those that bash others for what they believe in....who died and left you in charge anyway?)

Not everybody is the same. Homosexuals are a minority. Should their rights be respected or not? Should the rights of those who are atheists be respected or not? And what about the rights of Muslims, Jew, Buddhists, and other individuals who live in this country and whose beliefs are not specifically Christian? Is this country ruled by civil rights or by the Bible's teachings?

God ALLOWS us to be mislead in our thinking that WE somehow have some control over what is written in a Constitution or an Amendment.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this statement AT ALL. Are you saying that we, the people of the United States, and/or our elected officials have no control over what is written in the Constitution or the First Amendment?

Is it your belief that God inspired, or controlled the writing of the Declaration of Independence? Wouldn't that make the Constitution as infallible as the Bible?

God is not a religion, my statements are based on the word of God, not from a religion.

I wonder who those religious people were who put IN GOD WE TRUST on the money that we use on a daily basis?

I may not understand some of these views and ways of thinking...but that's okay because what part of Christ do you not understand? I certainly don't think everyone should have the same religious beliefs :bored But I do believe everyone would be better off if they would just except God in their hearts and try to be a better person.

Notice, I did not mention a religion in any of my postings!

I was not saying that I hear Jesus in my head, nor that I am ALWAYS right. I was stating my opinion just like everyone else. I do not dislike gay people, I was just saying that I THINK THOSE UNIONS ARE WRONG! IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!! That is how I was raised, and God Bless you, Tired Old Man! God made us as free will thinking individuals. In other words, he gave us a mind to make our own choices. How a person chooses, is completely up to them. I, for one, will be going to heaven, because I chose to believe in the one true living God and that his Son CHOSE to die on the cross for my sins. And I ask him to forgive me. I CHOSE too. I do not force my religion or my opinion on other people and you can choose to not read it. Fine with me. Just don't slam me for being a Christian and stating what I was taught from God's Word. Oh, yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Dear Lisa, I can see how you could have misconstrued what I said as an answer to you. When I said:

HE also says that eating a Ham & cheese sandwich is an abomination.

Many people are luckier than I am.

I only talk to God or Jesus, depending on who I want to pray to. When I was a Roman Catholic, I used to pray to The Virgin Mary, Saint Christopher, etc.

But the lucky people are the ones that Jesus talks back to. I guess He decided that I was not good enough to enter his Kingdom, so he doesn't talk to me.

Many people hear Jesus talking in their head.

One claims to have heard Jesus say: "Invade Iraq, don't read your father's book on why you shouldn't invade Iraq, our mission is accomplished in Iraq, don't cut and run, but do cut food stamp programs and cut Medicaid programs, don't let anyone on death row off because we are both positive they are guilty, give the money changers; I mean the richest Americans tax cuts while the middle-class Christians go without medical coverage, persecute gays for political advantage and protect those little 16 cell embryos in petri dishes, for they are more precious that people who breath air..."

It is wonderful to know that you are always right because you hear Jesus talking in your head.

Only the "HE also says that eating a Ham & cheese sandwich is an abomination." was addressed to you specifically. The rest was a rhetorical comment and the
One claims to have heard Jesus say: "Invade Iraq, don't read your father's book on why you shouldn't invade Iraq, our mission is accomplished in Iraq, don't cut and run, but do cut food stamp programs and cut Medicaid programs, don't let anyone on death row off because we are both positive they are guilty, give the money changers; I mean the richest Americans tax cuts while the middle-class Christians go without medical coverage, persecute gays for political advantage and protect those little 16 cell embryos in petri dishes, for they are more precious that people who breath air..."

It is wonderful to know that you are always right because you hear Jesus talking in your head.

comment was about George W. BuSh.

I guess I should change my name to Kerry.