Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wine at 6 weeks anyone?

Anyone partake in a glass of wine at 6 weeks???

First of all, that is a terrible idea. Most doctors say 6 months or a year. Your stomach is so tender and still getting over swelling from surgery.

A year before surgery I had planned a trip to wine country with friends..non refundable. I went at 6 weeks. I drank wine. My sleeve was not happy. It was just way too early.

Yup, I had wine about then without any trouble. And I have had a drink every week since my surgery September 3rd.

I was told it was a no go for six months and that my doc advises no more than a glass, preferably less. Keep in mind that alcohol will also dehydrate you and that's one of the last things we want.

Had a really shitty week - stated off well by losing 7 lbs in a week. Then heard my stepmother died after a 4 week battle. Finally finished off by my ex-wife falling off a chair last night putting up decorations & begging me to take her to the hospital.

so, I had a few drinks tonight ...... well, it turned into more than a bottle of wine ..... my doc advised me 12 months before having alcohol. I'm 6 months post-op

Why would you want to? Why begin the sabotage?

Before my surgery I was a two glass of wine every night person. Do I want to sabotage, or do I want to be of normal weight?

I will go without the wine.

Getting to a normal size really is pretty simple. Portion Control, exercise, and eat healthy. We fatties are the ones that make it complicated.

GIGi3 I was cracking up on your we fatties line....I too miss my glass of wine every now and then. I am only 2 weeks out, my surgeon allows 1 glass every so often. I would advise you double check with your surgeon. I wouldn't abuse the every so often, don't forget the stomach lining is not as thick as before. Also if your still taking the antacids be careful!!

A bit scary since some vsg patients replace their food addiction with alcohol.

I had a glass 2 weeks out (Thanksgiving ) it didn't feel good at all!

I had my first glass at about 4 weeks out and I did fine. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending how you look at it) my sleeve is very tolerant of a lot. Everybody is different. I look at it this way, I need to learn how to enjoy everything in moderation. I've denied myself food, drink, etc in the past just to go overboard at a later time. Having a glass of wine on occasion to me is learning how to enjoy in moderation.

I'm noticing people are thinking they have doctorates in medicine since getting sleeved ..lol. I drank twice. It was my version of a sugar free daqari ..with little vodka..no problem..drank it slow. But I'm no doctor..that's just what I did..and it was under 100 calories and I don't think I am a failure because.of it. I like to enjoy my journey ..this doesn't mean I'm going to turn into a alcoholic

Lmao

Steeler girl share the daiquiri recipe :)

I put doles lite berry medley..with like 2 frozen strawberrys ..and blended ..then added a shot of Bacardi. Was very weak but yummy. Didn't want a lot of strawberry because of sugar..but as yummy..not thick like a real daqauri..because I didn't want to get full...yummy. I only have one if I'm going to have it at all.