Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I am going to fail!

I had my sleeve done 11/28 and have always been a picky eater, so far I have lost since the surgery date 18lbs. I am on pureed foods and feel like I am at a loss as to what to eat on a daily basis. I don't eat oatmeal, I just started to eat fish, PLEASE HELP!!!!

ALL and ANY ADVICE IS MUCH NEEDED!!!! I do not want to fail!! Thank you in advance :-)

18 lbs. in 2 weeks is awesome! Have you tried mashed potatoes, refried Beans with cheese. or pureed Soups?

Is it? I have had Soups and vegetables have been so soft they are mush when I eat it. I have had mashed potatoes, Beans and eggs. I don't know what else to eat? I am getting bored with the food. Thursday I start soft foods, so maybe it will get better. I will start in the morning at one wait then by the time bedtime comes it goes up by 1lb. I do 3 Protein Shakes a day too and lots of fluids. Is this normal?

We all have that nagging fear of failure in the back of our minds, but don't let it consume you. Just follow your surgeons directions for your post-op diet and you'll be fine. PS. Your weight loss is astounding! Congrats!! :D

I had my sleeve done 11/28 and have always been a picky eater' date=' so far I have lost since the surgery date 18lbs. I am on pureed foods and feel like I am at a loss as to what to eat on a daily basis. I don't eat oatmeal, I just started to eat fish, PLEASE HELP!!!!

ALL and ANY ADVICE IS MUCH NEEDED!!!! I do not want to fail!! Thank you in advance :-)[/quote']

Awesome weight loss in 2 wks

Sleevedandbeautiful

Great question I got sleeved on 12/12 and start phase two tomorrow... any good suggestions other than shakes

You can have low fat custard or nas angel delight perhaps. Muller rice, I enjoy a bedtime cup of Horlcks or ovaltine. Soft cheese such as light laughing cow cheese, pâté.

The puréed stage is when things start to feel a bit more normal and you get the full feeling. Keep your chin up and you will be there in no time. Xxx

Shelly's Baked Ricotta got me through purees:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

I really had to go easy on the mozzarella cheese, but it was SO delicious and "normal" tasting.

Mushies are, as you say, much easier.

Lorraine, What is Muller Rice? I dont eat custard either, very picky eater.

EBUCKS, I was able to et eggs, mashed potatoes with low fat gravy and Beans. Now I dont know what else to eat?

softwsolu1 I have not made that yet and have everything but the cheese. Tomorrow I am making pizza for the Husband and kids and I am gonna make the Ricotta. I will let you know how it was, I heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

Lorraine' date=' What is Muller Rice? I dont eat custard either, very picky eater.

EBUCKS, I was able to et eggs, mashed potatoes with low fat gravy and Beans. Now I dont know what else to eat?[/quote']

It's creamed pudding rice that comes in a pot, you can get it aim or you can get ones with puréed apple (like apple sauce) or raspberry or strawberry. They ate really yum and high in Protein. Xxx

Lorraine' date=' What is Muller Rice? I dont eat custard either, very picky eater.

EBUCKS, I was able to et eggs, mashed potatoes with low fat gravy and Beans. Now I dont know what else to eat?[/quote']

Have you tried puréed prawns with seafood sauce or puréed chicken with a little bit of gravy? Quiche but don't eat the crust you don't even have to purée quiche.

I have had pureed chicken with gravy, but I dont eat prawns. I did have some smashed shrimp in a white wine lemon sauce, about 2 shrimp .