Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe you are just not drinking enough. I would think that if you soak the seeds overnight they have already absorbed all the Fluid they are going to, so that should not be the cause of your dehydration.

Yes' date=' I let them sit in my Protein shake overnight that's why I was confused why I was getting dehydrated. Is it maybe because I chew them, instead of just swallowing them?[/quote']

I'm not sure. When I soak my seeds there is nothing to chew because they basically turn to jelly. Do you make your shakes with Water or milk? If its milk, you may have to offset that with more Water in your system ahead of the shake. I make mine with water so by the time I drink it, the seeds have pretty much absorbed all the water they can from the shake. The shake becomes very thick but the seeds are no longer crunchy. If they are crunchy when you eat them, they have not gelled yet and they certainly will be looking for some water to absorb.

I'm not sure. When I soak my seeds there is nothing to chew because they basically turn to jelly. Do you make your shakes with Water or milk? If its milk' date=' you may have to offset that with more Water in your system ahead of the shake. I make mine with water so by the time I drink it, the seeds have pretty much absorbed all the water they can from the shake. The shake becomes very thick but the seeds are no longer crunchy. If they are crunchy when you eat them, they have not gelled yet and they certainly will be looking for some water to absorb.[/quote']

By the way, I have found that the chia seeds will not absorb the liquid in milk or soy products. It does not matter how long they soak, they are still the same crunchy seeds when finished. The best results come from soaking the seeds in just water for between 20-30 minutes ( or longer) and then shaking in your Protein powder. Keep in mind that the gelled seeds do not mix terribly well with Protein Powder so you really need to give your Blender Bottle a really good shake for at least 5 seconds ( best results 10-15 seconds). As for dehydration, i always precede my shake with at least 32 oz of water in the morning. if it is in the evening, i will have already drank at least 64 oz between dinner and shake time. Hope this helps.

Miralax working well for the past two days on the constipation...thanks

should I consider it Constipation if I haven't gone in three days, but I don't feel uncomfortable in any way...I don't feel constipated, I just happened to think this morning that I hadn't gone in a couple of days. Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I don't want to be disappointed because I am literally full of sh*t! lol

should I consider it Constipation if I haven't gone in three days' date=' but I don't feel uncomfortable in any way...I don't feel constipated, I just happened to think this morning that I hadn't gone in a couple of days. Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I don't want to be disappointed because I am literally full of sh*t! lol[/quote']

Yes, 3 days would be a long time without going, depends on how far you are post op. there are several short term solutions in this post, but I find that dulclolax suppository works best for immediate results when all else fails to get things moving in 20-30 minutes. Grab a good book or magazine and just wait it out on the toilet :)

I'm on day 2 of chia seeds - nothing so far :(

Make sure you are drinking plenty of Water too.

4 months out. Also having problems in that area. Horrible feeling! Tried Smooth Move & thought my stomach would explode! I think I lost an ovary in the process! Lol... Been using Fiber gummies. Afraid to use the seeds because it said something about thinning out the blood. Will try milk of mag....

I wish. 5 months out and realize i am now lactose intolerant. A glass of milk is better than any laxative. Ugh.

Another thing that helped me is getting some of my Protein through hemp. It has a high Fiber content naturally, so it will help.

http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Protein-ounce-canister/dp/B001JU81ZG

That's a 1lb container , about 17 servings. I buy mine in 3lb bags now.

I had the same problem so I did some mom! I went almost instantly! Also I'm using the Splenda with fiber, I figured ever lil bit can help!

I'm trying hard to do this. I'm also letting the seeds gel. But today I might try 2 doses and really work on the Water

Try mixing chia seeds with miralax. Not together of course, but the same day. Bringing them together might have a greater impact. I do this on occasion.