Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is the day to empty my closet

I got up in the wee hours of the morning and decided today is the day to clean out all my "big" clothing. There were over 200 2x and 3x dress shirts and casual long sleeve shirts, 50+ tshirts, 2 suits, 8 dress pants, 2 robes, 5 swimming suits and 5 jeans. And the closet was still 80% full with my wife's clothes. anyone who lives with a women knows what i am talking about. :) Lol.

I was a little sad to see some go, but overall, it is part of the transformation process. I am planning to donate them to value village or good will, but then got to thinking that there are some good quality clothes here. Maybe they can be sold at a consignment store. Does anyone know of a place near Seattle that will buy used big men's clothing? Not all of it is fashionable nor brand name, but at least 70% of it is.

Regardless, I still have 10-15 more lbs to lose plus some more body toning so today is not going to be the day to buy a closet full of clothing. I will still buy enough daily, fancy and workout clothing from value village for a little bit longer until I reach goal.

Congratulations on your loss, you must feel amazing!

WOW! That is a lot of clothing....I am pre-op but I sell a lot of stuff on ebay and my local craigslist. You might want to try those options, because you will get a small percentage back from the consignment shop. Hope all goes well!

Thats quite allot of stuff there, should fill a good portion of any good will box , lol. I'd suggest, just dump most of them,get it over with and feel good about it, kiss the cash good bye and start a-new feeling even better with new stuff but not suffer over loss of those old clothes. Some time I will have a normal sized dresser drawers too. I'm just started losing and willing to hang on to my fatty clothes until I just can not wear them at all. Lot's of luck with the last few.

hmmm, or sell ???

Hey Fiddleman, I'm going to be having surgery probably next month and just realized that I'm in your area. I'd be interested in some of your clothes to get me through the transition period. I'm starting out close to the weight you started at. I haven't figured out exactly what city you're in, only that you're in the Seattle area. I'm in Burlington, about an hour north of Seattle. Let me know what you want for them.

Well done and congratulations on a great weight loss! To get rid of old clothes is a real turning point... for me it was a case of removing the comfort blanket and a realisation that I can never go back there. I have to say, like you, I enjoyed the process of getting rid of my 'fat' clothes and replacing them with clothes that suited my new body shape!

Happy days!!

Hello,

One Of the most mixed feelings is cleaning out the closet! I am 5 months post opt and I made a promise I wouldn't by new clothes till a year after surgery or I feel I am staying level. People at my job and my father started saying my clothes were hanging on me and I looked ridiculous. I went from a 4X top to now a XL. I had to get rid of them. I was going to try and sell them because I had SOOOOO much but the aggravation and hassle was too much. I filled 9 huge garbage bags and donated them to the church. I didn't keep anything in big sizes because I was afraid if i kept it I would feel its ok to go back. Its a psychological journey, the whole surgery is mental. I told my surgeon the actual surgery was the easy part but the mental changes and emotional change that comes with it is the hard part. Best of luck to you!

I have loved cleaning out my closet & saying goodbye to the BIG sizes. I have sizes 18-9, so I'm loving working my way down to the smaller sizes:-)

Hey Fiddleman' date=' I'm going to be having surgery probably next month and just realized that I'm in your area. I'd be interested in some of your clothes to get me through the transition period. I'm starting out close to the weight you started at. I haven't figured out exactly what city you're in, only that you're in the Seattle area. I'm in Burlington, about an hour north of Seattle. Let me know what you want for them.[/quote']

Sorry, I already donated them when I posted this message. If I knew I could make some cash on my clothes as a man ( when are men's clothing actually worth money?), I would have put them out for others to buy. :) good luck on finding some transition clothes. I recommend donation type stores like Value Village or Goodwill to get a decent amount of clothes for a reasonable amount of money.

Well done and congratulations on a great weight loss! To get rid of old clothes is a real turning point... for me it was a case of removing the comfort blanket and a realisation that I can never go back there. I have to say' date=' like you, I enjoyed the process of getting rid of my 'fat' clothes and replacing them with clothes that suited my new body shape!

Happy days!![/quote']

Thanks! I find that I am not only buying clothes to match my new body shape, but also to match a better sense of style. I have never cared about style before, but have dressed reasonably. Now I am actually interested in buying clothes that look good on me.

I got up in the wee hours of the morning and decided today is the day to clean out all my "big" clothing. There were over 200 2x and 3x dress shirts and casual long sleeve shirts' date=' 50+ tshirts, 2 suits, 8 dress pants, 2 robes, 5 swimming suits and 5 jeans. And the closet was still 80% full with my wife's clothes. anyone who lives with a women knows what i am talking about. :) Lol.

I was a little sad to see some go, but overall, it is part of the transformation process. I am planning to donate them to value village or good will, but then got to thinking that there are some good quality clothes here. Maybe they can be sold at a consignment store. Does anyone know of a place near Seattle that will buy used big men's clothing? Not all of it is fashionable nor brand name, but at least 70% of it is.

Regardless, I still have 10-15 more lbs to lose plus some more body toning so today is not going to be the day to buy a closet full of clothing. I will still buy enough daily, fancy and workout clothing from value village for a little bit longer until I reach goal.[/quote']

You look awesome in your new pic. Very proud of you friend!

Thanks! I find that I am not only buying clothes to match my new body shape, but also to match a better sense of style. I have never cared about style before, but have dressed reasonably. Now I am actually interested in buying clothes that look good on me.

I absolutely agree... before I would be so grateful to find something that actually fit, I didn't care what it looked like.... now it is different. Now I want to look good in what I wear; if something doesn't look good or I don't like it I put it back... there is a huge difference isn't there... Now this is what I call real progress!!

You look awesome in your new pic. Very proud of you friend!

Thank you!