Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting surgery done today and I'm nervours

I'm breaking out in hives hahaha. Seriously I'm nervous and scared. Please pray for me and wish me well. Any kind words will be appreciated. No one knows except my husband. And i don't want to get him scared and freak out. He had a cousin pass away from complications of the bypass. So he's super supportive but obviously concerned. No friends or family know. Ladies and Gents...they are coming to pick us up in 90 mins. Jeez louise..!!!

I know I am making the right choice but it's hitting me right now...this is real..and actually happening!! Anyone here...please help! Tell me something good! :-). Thank you!!

Deep breaths!!! You'll be fine!!! This will be all behind you in a flash and your new life will start.

Hugs!!

And what you are feeling is normal. I think most of us here had the 'oh s**t!' feelings at the last minute. But just think how sexy you're gonna look in a few months!

my thoughts are with you, just think in a few hours it will all be over with. hope everything goes great for you................saddie

you'lll be fine. In a few months you will have lost weight and be feeling so awesome. It's the best decision I ever made...

Doxieville...Sadie..Slojo...

You have no idea how much i appreciate u taking the time to say something to me. Thank you.

You have made me feel better. I was about to freak out...like..have a nervous breakdown..freak out.

Ok I do feel better...in a few hours it will be over with and a new chapter will begin.

Alright...lets do it!!!!

May The Lord bless you and guide the doctor and his team to a successful surgery. Amen! I was sleeved 4 months ago and remember I was so nervous every part of my body tingled so much it actually hurt. I started getting antsy and asking all sorts of stupid questions to the medical staff and my husband was laughing at me. I remember being rolled in the operating room and them surgical team waiting for me at the door like you would see at a sports game receiving their team. I asked if they were there for me and they asked what my doctor's name was. When I told them, they answered "Yup, lets get this this show on the road" so positive. So I send you positive vibes! Have a good recovery. Best wishes to you!

Thank u thank u Seelessofme!!!

Amen indeed!! U are basically describing me! My Husband is like...chill out Lady! But still.....I just want to wake up from it already! I haven't slept a wink in two days....:-)

Good luck to you today... Lord , we ask that you guide the surgeon and all staff to a successful surgery and a smooth recovery. We pray for calmness for our sister and her husband. Amen ! You got this... you're gonna do great ! It will be over in a flash and then you will be off to a happy and healthy life. Everyone is nervous on the day of surgery , I know I was. Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench !

Sent from my DROID4 using VST

Hi there! youve been on my mind and i wanted to check in on you. How are you doing? How are you feeling?

You'll be fine! Just think about being at home and healing. That's kinda what got me through it, everything ur gna go through will all be worth it in the end! And don't be afraid to ask for ur pain meds and nausea meds after lol

Hey everyone!! Again....Thank You!! U guys helped me remain strong. So on the 15th was surgery. Had hiccups and gas but kept walking and felt good. Strangely, all my anxiety disappeared around discharge time. I know for sure I made the right choice. Too late now right! Ha-ha. I did break out in hives on the crown of my head but otherwise Im good. Im drinking my liquids. I love ice and very cold drinks. Still no word said to my Mother. Waiting for the right time. My sister is going thru a bit of a thing that will soon be resolved..so Im waiting until things are good. Maybr until my stitches are healed and eating something more solid. I just didnt want to overload her. Dr Alvarez was excellent. When Im settled Im going to write out my experiences. Im keeping track of everything. I dont regret it. I look forward to the future. This is most def a journey and not a destination.

I am so grateful for such sympathetic people on this site and Dr. Alvarez's staff. The fear blew me away...almost. it just hit me all at once. :-) my husband is treating me like a baby and I love it! Haha. Like a Princess. It makes me feel like I picked a good one. :-). Any questions..concerns..please lt me know. I will most certainly will help as much as I can Pretty Babies..

Hey everyone!! Again....Thank You!! U guys helped me remain strong. So on the 15th was surgery. Had hiccups and gas but kept walking and felt good. Strangely, all my anxiety disappeared around discharge time. I know for sure I made the right choice. Too late now right! Ha-ha. I did break out in hives on the crown of my head but otherwise Im good. Im drinking my liquids. I love ice and very cold drinks. Still no word said to my Mother. Waiting for the right time. My sister is going thru a bit of a thing that will soon be resolved..so Im waiting until things are good. Maybr until my stitches are healed and eating something more solid. I just didnt want to overload her. Dr Alvarez was excellent. When Im settled Im going to write out my experiences. Im keeping track of everything. I dont regret it. I look forward to the future. This is most def a journey and not a destination.

I am so grateful for such sympathetic people on this site and Dr. Alvarez's staff. The fear blew me away...almost. it just hit me all at once. :-) my husband is treating me like a baby and I love it! Haha. Like a Princess. It makes me feel like I picked a good one. :-). Any questions..concerns..please lt me know. I will most certainly will help as much as I can Pretty Babies..

Hi MoodWhiskey! I'm so glad things went well for you. Keep hydrated and take it slow. Glad all is well.

Hey MoodWhiskey.

Glad things are going well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'll be sleeved by Dr Alvarez on 12/21. So so nervous. Take care and stay in touch. I look forward to keeping up with your successful journey.