Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

bread/tortilla.......when?

I would like to know how far out before you could tolerate bread or the low carb tortilla or flat bread.

I can't ask my doctor because he will tell me when I should not when I could. Trust me I understand

the "shoulds" or rather the "should nots" and the need to use my tool to its fullest for these first 6 months but still I want to know

when I can eat the above.

thanks in advance!

I'm 7 weeks out and have no trouble with bread. Of coarse it's a half a bite here and a nibble there but I can tolerate it without any problem.

I myself am giving up the crap that got me to where I am. I'm 8 days out and stopped bread, starches a month before my pre-op diet even. I felt so much better and don't want to go down that road again. A little hear and a little there eventually adds up. Again that's just me and dedicating 110% to this lifestyle change. So if you're gonna do it just try as everyones different...ive known some 4 days out...some 4 months.

I'm probably cutting out breads also, but bread is allowed after day 22 post op for me, and only if it is toasted...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

bread and tortillas at slider foods so they won't fill you for long causing you to eat more and possibly gain.

I think you can start them about a month or 2 out. Though I am not sure, I am part of the group that won't go near bread or tortillas anymore.

I tried toast around two months, started tolerating it around month four. I can only eat about one tortilla now (with chicken, salsa, cheese, etc) or about 1/2 slice of bread. But the sleeve has no problems with it.

I would like to know how far out before you could tolerate bread or the low carb tortilla or flat bread.

I can't ask my doctor because he will tell me when I should not when I could. Trust me I understand

the "shoulds" or rather the "should nots" and the need to use my tool to its fullest for these first 6 months but still I want to know

thanks in advance!

I will be 8 weeks out and can tolerate bread. I can tolerate pretty much anything! Just very small portions! I was at first happy that I could eat again.....but then realized that it will be much easier for me to regain! So be very careful of starting back into old habits! Im 8 weeks out Wednesday...and havent even lost 40lbs yet!

thanks in advance!

My "food bible" says that at week 5 you are able to have crackers (choose whole

thanks in advance!

My "food bible" says that at week 5 you are able to have crackers and toast (choose whole grain with at least 3 grams Fiber per serving). I would just make sure your in your calorie limit and not over eating. I just hit week 5 and was excited to eat toast! I am able to have about 3/4 of a piece of bread or 3 crackers but I try not to push it so I stick to half... Hope that helps!

I was eating low carb tortillas at 2 months post op....didnt start eating bread until 3 months post op....I prefer whole wheat low carb tortillas

thank you everyone! I know I need to make smart choices but just really wanted to know when it is possible.

My surgeon is very strict and said you will never eat dessert, sweets, crackers, pretzels or grapes again, ever...

so some things I don't have a clue when you could try.