Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bigger sips today...concerned

LOL. No offense man but we could have just done that before surgery if that's the route we wanted to go. We got the sleeve for a reason.

What I find laughable is that anyone thinks this a miracle cure. If you want to eat you will be able to do so ask all the people who gained the weight back after being sleeved for awhile. The original poster was concerned about getting to much liquid in and wondered if her sleeve was to big. I have to say I wondered the same thing at some point !! If your reasoning is that the sleeve will miraculously change your discipline or lack there of, good luck to you. But the major changes that need to be made are hard ones and they are not in your stomach they need to take place in your head.

Can we let susan and want2live's words be the last on this thread? I think we're now repeating the same arguments. It's a valid discussion (is the sleeve enough?) but it's not the original point of the thread and it's becoming personal and nasty.

Sarcasm burned off that fat? WOW!

I just realized what happened. I got baited by a troll and fell for it. You are the textbook definition. You have told several people they are wrong, thrown out some insults, argued points you know nothing about, but not offered one bit of helpful information.

this is the most upsetting thread i have seen.....upsets me as a newbie....dont like seeing people argue............╮(╯_╰)╭╮(╯_╰)╭╮(╯_╰)╭╮(╯_╰)╭╮(╯_╰)╭╮(╯_╰)╭

Yep' date=' lost 160 pounds in 7 months.[/quote']

Holy Sh*t Butter!!!

Congrats!

Not meaning to continue this thread, but any advice on how to be successful?

Holy Sh*t Butter!!!

Congrats!

Not meaning to continue this thread' date=' but any advice on how to be successful?[/quote']

Yes. Take in as much Water and Protein as you can. If there is any room left over, go for green veggies. Don't drink for 30 minutes after you eat. Find some kind of exercise/activity that you like to do. Make exercise part of your everyday life, and make it fun. Log everything you eat on My Fitness Pal. Weigh everything you eat, it's easier and safer than relying on your feelings of satiety. If you do eat something you shouldn't, forgive yourself but don't excuse yourself. Add chia seeds to your diet, they will prevent the Constipation that a lot of people have, the sleeve diet is rather low on Fiber. Understand that head hunger is very real and powerful for those first few weeks after surgery, but it goes away. Try to look at food as fuel for your life, not pleasure, reward or entertainment. Find other ways to reward yourself. Take all your measurements and look at them as often as you look at the scale. Sometimes the pounds will fall off, other times they will not budge. Accept that fact and know that even during stalls you are still making yourself healthier. Let health be your ultimate goal, not weight loss. The weight loss will come with it, but there is not much point to fitting into skinny jeans if you don't have the energy to play with your kids. And never ever compare your weight loss progress to anyone else on this forum.

I am a new sleever and I didn't feel butterbean's comment was mean toned at all.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes. Take in as much Water and Protein as you can. If there is any room left over' date=' go for green veggies. Don't drink for 30 minutes after you eat. Find some kind of exercise/activity that you like to do. Make exercise part of your everyday life, and make it fun. Log everything you eat on My Fitness Pal. Weigh everything you eat, it's easier and safer than relying on your feelings of satiety. If you do eat something you shouldn't, forgive yourself but don't excuse yourself. Add chia seeds to your diet, they will prevent the Constipation that a lot of people have, the sleeve diet is rather low on Fiber. Understand that head hunger is very real and powerful for those first few weeks after surgery, but it goes away. Try to look at food as fuel for your life, not pleasure, reward or entertainment. Find other ways to reward yourself. Take all your measurements and look at them as often as you look at the scale. Sometimes the pounds will fall off, other times they will not budge. Accept that fact and know that even during stalls you are still making yourself healthier. Let health be your ultimate goal, not weight loss. The weight loss will come with it, but there is not much point to fitting into skinny jeans if you don't have the energy to play with your kids. And never ever compare your weight loss progress to anyone else on this forum.[/quote']

I love you Butterthebean! I've only been on this forum a few weeks and seeing the same questions come up over and over is quite frustrating. I love the 'is this normal' questions. Who knows what normal is? What's normal for one is not normal for another so think before posting a question. With so many people, with so many opinions you are going to find a lot of different normals.

I can only hope to be as successful as Butterthebean!

Leave butter alone, he rocks and his advice is well thought out and helpful.

I read this thread to see what the answer to the OP's question was but all I read was a very negative toned thread.

I am a new poster as well, and this was not what I came here for.

One thing that I think a lot of us forget is not everyone has the same amount of information (knowledge). I was in a very good surgical program that explained every step of the process, but the fact that freshly cut flesh swells was never discussed, nor that a few days later the swelling would subside. So a freshly sleeved stomach goes from being almost swollen shut to starting to relax within a week or so. I learned this on this site. I was also amazed in a group meeting which was one of the steps before submitting to surgery, that many in this "good program" did not know as much about what to expect as my coach, who's only knowledge about the surgery is the book that I was required to read and take a test on. People have different learning styles and reading a book wasn't for some of them.

Before my surgery I scoured this website, mostly as a lurker, to gain information. I like to be as prepared as possible and for me, part of that is knowledge. Not everyone is inclined, or has the time, or found this site, or (fill in the blank). I suggest that anyone joining ANY forum, lurk for a while before posting, but for some folks are worried enough to post right away. That's OK too, but it might be that the same question was just asked and answered.

We need to keep in mind that there are going to be questions that make us think, "why didn't they know that?" and posts that are asked so frequently that it's obvious that the medical community does not do a good job of covering that topic. People come on here worried or scared, but anyone posting should understand that we're not trained councilors, we're your peers. We may not have the "professional" way of saying things, we are going to say it like it is. We should, on the other hand, remember that we were all newbies too, and at one time we did not know what a gastric sleeve was, let alone all the challenges that we would face once sleeved.

I wasnt worried when that happened. They day u shouldn't gulp cause u drink too much and fill up not that u can't do it. U will be prob be amazed at what u can do. I day just do what u know u should. Good luck;)