Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting....waiting...waiting...BCBS of AL

Wow, that was just so unprofessional of BCBS. I am sorry that you had to go through this.

I just learned that I was denied this morning because my bmi from 2010 was not high enough and I don't have the comorbidities that they will accept. I am beyond devastated. My husband thinks this is a blessing in diguse. I don't know if I should try to fight it or just go back to the old fashion route. :-(

Sorry to hear that, there are still other options. Have you thought about Mexico? So many people here have done it and been successful. Don't let this drag you down, most of all if this is really what you want don't give up!

any updates? I have officially gave up on BCBS OF AL! I am going to MX 3/6! They want me to start my 6month diet over because i missed my appointment in January. I went to my PCP instead of the Dietitian in January because she had to cancel my appointment cause she was so backed up. I thought i would be FINE since they are in the same office. But since the Dr didn't have it in the notes like they wanted they don't want to accept it. Plus I didnt have the past 3 years of weight records..I sent pictures and all the records up in till that time.

SO whatever! I am not going to fight with them. I could do a peer to peer but im so ready to have surgery i refuse to deal with it. I mean gosh i have been waiting forever as it is...

I've given up too and looking into MX myself. Only way ill do diet over is if they waive half the months required! Who are you going to in MX !? It seems there are a lot of them and a lot of good ones!!? Hard to narrow down! how much if I may ask? I know that I already was paying 4k out if pocket and I have ins if ever approved.... So another couple thousand and getting it done sooner is worth it! Also my partner is switching jobs in the next few months... I'm going to be writing letters and filing complaints regardless!

I've given up too and looking into MX myself. Only way ill do diet over is if they waive half the months required! Who are you going to in MX !? It seems there are a lot of them and a lot of good ones!!? Hard to narrow down! how much if I may ask? I know that I already was paying 4k out if pocket and I have ins if ever approved.... So another couple thousand and getting it done sooner is worth it! Also my partner is switching jobs in the next few months... I'm going to be writing letters and filing complaints regardless!

I'm having mine done with Dr Illan. He used to work with Dr. Kelly who has great reviews. I'm only paying $4,000 that covers surgery, 2 nights in hospital and 2 nights in hotel. I have done tons of research and feel he is the best one for me. I was going to be paying 2,500 here if insurance did approve.

My husband is also in the process of changing jobs so there was really no since in to fight them. Since I'm sure they would take forever to respond anyways.

Hope everything works out. I would complain 2!

I finally filed a formal complaint to the corporate office!! 2 weeks no return phone call from supervisor! I do not understand how they can do this to people! File been "pending" since Sept. .....bunch of BS and truly disappointed! Still researching on costs and which doc to go to or not to go to in MX as I'm assured that my claim will be denied soon! its only a matter of time! But I will not be discouraged... How do I narrow down who to pick from in MX!?? Sigh....

I personally used Dr. Alejandro Lopez in TJ I went through A Lighter Me and had a great experience. My cost was $4,750 which included 1 night hotel stay at Marriott before, and 2 night hotel stay after surgery, also covered all of surgery and pick up and drop off from the airport in SD. PM me if you want more info or want to hear about my experience and why I chose Dr. Lopez. There are a lot of great Docs out there, it's not easy to narrow them down.

This really worries me. I have BCBS of Alabama, and I'm just getting started. I'll have the initial consultation with my surgeon in 2 weeks. Any advice would be appreciated in order to avoid what you all have gone through.

I also have BCBS of AL. My patient coordinator said she has had good luck with them in the past, so Im praying I will not have any issues. I did the six month diet, and had over 350 pages of documentation from my Drs over the last 5 yrs. I have most of the co-morbilities, so they will have to stretch to find a reason to deny me. The only thing is I did NOT lose any weight during the 6 month diet. I had to be put on steriods a couple of times for severe sinus issues, so that jacked it all up. They submitted yesterday, so my waiting begins....

Hi everyone, I'm on Medicare, and have BCN,

With high blood pressure, high cholesterol , arthritis and MS to put icing on the cake. And their making me wait 6 mo. Grrrrrrr

Hi everyone' date=' I'm on Medicare, and have BCN,

With high blood pressure, high cholesterol , arthritis and MS to put icing on the cake. And their making me wait 6 mo. Grrrrrrr[/quote']

Are you having to do a six month diet? Or just making you wait six months? I'm so sorry!!

I also had to do a six month diet. I can honestly say, time passed very quickly! I hope you get approved!

I would think that the 6 month diet would seem to pass quickly once you have finished it. At the beginning, or during the 6 months, time seems to be taking forever! At least for me anyway. I'm just starting my 2nd month of the 6 months.