Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Gained hight after weigh loss?

32192.gif

Good morning everyone!!

I have lost 32 pounds so far and i have noticed that i am gaining hight! Well i was 5,5 and i havent checked my height lately after the weight loss but by standing next to my husband and by how far i can reach for things in the kitchen now... I have noticed that am getting taller, even my husband and other friends have commented on my height.

Do people usually get taller?

No.

I don't think that I have grown, but I am standing a lot straighter as my huge boobs aren't pulling me down any more and I have the confidence to hold my head high. I am now 3cm taller than I used to be, but think that is the only reason. As I said, I don't think I have actually grown.

Well, thank you gillopez for your thorough answer, it really helped me understand a lot about what is going on due to weight loss... your answer is truly appreciated.

Well anyhow i haunted for an answer somewhere else and i got one answer that goes a little more in depth thank just "NO"

on http://easy-4growtaller.blogspot.com/

They say:

The TRUTH about what it takes to gain height

If you want results you will have to eat healthier, work out consistently, stretch and even get more sleep at night. These are all factors in your height and maximizing all of them is critical to not only increase height after puberty but improving your health as well.

Straighten your spine

One thing to be aware of is that your spine is one of the biggest determinants in how tall you are, and straightening it can often result in a height increase of 2-6 inches. The reason is that the vast majority of people have compressed spines, which is partly because of poor posture and partly due to their genes.

Can I grow taller by losing weight?

Yes you can. This is because your spine tends to be more rounded when you are overweight, but when you drop those unwanted pounds your spine will naturally straighten out.

Therefore, losing weight is one of the best ways to gain inches. Even if you aren't overweight, exercising can help you because the right workouts will stretch your muscles, and also your body produces human growth hormones (HGH) when you exercise.

Another answer i got and i will quote is:

As in trigger a growing phase? No it will not. It will however improve posture since the extra baggage isn't weighing down on the spine, so you may in fact gain a small amount of height. Also keep in mind that the smaller you are horizontally, the bigger you look vertically; so if you shed some lbs, it will create the illusion of being slim and tall.

Yea i could have just research in the beginning, but the thing is i have a very slow connection here and takes a long time for pages to load, i just thought answers on here might save me some time :)

19335.jpg

I don't think that I have grown, but I am standing a lot straighter as my huge boobs aren't pulling me down any more and I have the confidence to hold my head high. I am now 3cm taller than I used to be, but think that is the only reason. As I said, I don't think I have actually grown.

Thank you for your response and yes you are right i have quoted some things i have found doing some research... also some say that doing yoga and other types of stretching can help the bones stretch because they have been pulled down for so long by weight...

Another thing i found is that bones keep growing until the age 25, so there is a chance that while loosing weight iam still getting taller since am only 20... am content with how tall i am its just something i have been noticing.

Thank you for your kind reply and good luck on your journey.

I posted this story when it happened but let me tell you what was said to me after I lost around 40 lbs.

I work at an elementary school and when school started in August I was walking around the cafeteria asking the students how there summer was when a 4th grade student said "Ms. Luce It looks like you have grown taller" I thought that was so cute. I think that b/c I had lost the weight it gave the illusion that I had grown taller. I got a good laugh from that.

I posted this story when it happened but let me tell you what was said to me after I lost around 40 lbs.

I work at an elementary school and when school started in August I was walking around the cafeteria asking the students how there summer was when a 4th grade student said "Ms. Luce It looks like you have grown taller" I thought that was so cute. I think that b/c I had lost the weight it gave the illusion that I had grown taller. I got a good laugh from that.

Congrats on the weight loss, and i now understand that there are different explanation to why we seem to gain height one of which is the illusion after losing weight! thank you for your reply and good luck in teaching <3

Yes, it is. The extra weight puts pressure on your spine. Taking that weight off puts less pressure on your spine, thus elongating your spine.

Plus, you are probably feeling more confident and standing taller.

Yes, it is. The extra weight puts pressure on your spine. Taking that weight off puts less pressure on your spine, thus elongating your spine.

Plus, you are probably feeling more confident and standing taller.

Thank you for the reply hun, and its true that am more confident now in my new body ^_^

352954ee499e021a5e.gif