Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op weight 220lbs or under

Hi

I was 200lb on day of surgery, that was 6 weeks ago. I am 175 now x

P.S I don't know how to change my ticker, can anyone tell me?

Go to your patient profile (under your name) and change the numbers there, it will update the ticker.

Started preop at 220. Surgery was 10/23 at 202. Tuesday was 7 weeks at 182. I think it is a little slow but stalled for a week then again for another week. But I also think the lower BMI the slower the weight loss.

Hi, everyone today has been a tough day for me, I feel as if I was a few weeks or months pregnant smells in the air bother me so much and I have such bad nausea. I can't keep Down the whey Protein the smell really,really bothers me. Since it is my second week I started drinking some Atkins shakes which I have to take very slowly and according to what the doctor wants me to consume I would have to take four of these containers and so far and it's 7:40 pm at night and I haven't finished one.

Ginny

I am also very glad that many people have joined me in this let's say 250s and under crowd. Good luck! to all of us.

Ginny

Ginny I'm 4 weeks out and some days i feel queasy all day then the next day I'm fine. No rhyme or reason.. I think our stomachs are still working things out. I drink two Premier Protein shakes a day each one has 30 grams of Protein.< /p>

I was sleeved on Oct. 22nd was

209 start

day of surgery 198

current weight as of Monday (my weigh in day) I was 172.

Im 6 days post op (surgery weight 222 on Dec 5) and I can get down 2 GNC Lean shakes (25 grams Protein each), 1 egg pureed (6 protein) and 2 ounces of buffalo chicken puree which has Protein but Im not sure how much. I can easily get down my 64 ounces of Water. Had my 1 week check up today and Im down to 216. They cleared me for puree so I had the egg and buffalo chicken puree. A different flavor was exactly what I needed.

6 pounds in one week, Ill take it.

Everyone looked at me like what are you doing here, but there was much more going on physically and mentally. I may not be as big as a lot of people who get this surgery but I am definitely obese. I hope to get rid of so many ailments, medications, depression and over all feel better about myself.

Ginny

I hear you there...when I went to my PCP to discuss surgery the nurse who checked me in said, "But...you're not that big!" I snorted and replied, "I'm MORBIDLY OBESE!!" I'm only 5'1 and all the years of seeing this doc he has been after me to get weight off, says it will help with my asthma, BP, stress incontinence, ect. but not once did he bring up surgery. For years and years he just chastised me for being overweight. Even with a 35 lb loss one year, it was "Well, you still need to lose more" DUH! Once I left the office after telling him I was going to self pay for my surgery (exclusion on my insurance) was the first time he ever diagnosed me as "obese"!! HUH?? Maybe if I could have gotten that diagnosis 15 years ago I could have already had surgery and today be a happier, healthier person. O well...c'est la vie!

I'm so glad u posted this !!!! This is my exact fear! I am 200 exactly and my surgery date is set for Jan 5 , everyone tells me I'm not big enough and I'm going to wither away :(

I had my surgery on Monday, I was at 230. And I remember when the nurse took my covers off of me to check my incisions she didn't realize I had a pillow on my stomach under the covers LOL she was like omg there's not much of u to begin with! U looked a lot bigger with the pillow.. I left on Wednesday afternoon and I was already down 5lbs and today I'm down another pound :-)

Go to your patient profile (under your name) and change the numbers there, it will update the ticker.

Thanks! x

I addresses this with the nutritionist because I am 5'1 1/2 and I was 222 when this started I am now 218. She gave me a booklet About trying to lose most of the weight in 9 months my BMI 41.2. I had a BMI of 35 when I first heard o this and I was immediately dismissed now I am at the weight I am and I know that even though a part of me wants to try and do it myself and say forget it but I have a lot more riding. I just hope I can start losing and stop gaining.

I weighed 228 post op and day of surgery I weighed 209. Today I weigh 120. I want to lose another 10 pounds but I am not in a big rush to. My surgery date was 03/01/2012 and I have lost 108 pounds total. :)